shazammie127
Bob48

Is Earth flat

Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

shazammie127

Pro

I believe that the Earth is flat. Think of the multiple times reports have shown up saying that ships and planes have gone down in the Bermuda Triangle. Really the Triangle is the one space in which the portals that lie on the edges of the Earth don't transport you to the other side of the world. If you go into the Bermuda Triangle you get transported to another dimension. The Earth is flat.
Bob48

Con

If the world is flat, May you explain to me why the sun sets and rises?
If the earth is flat, Does that also mean that the moon is flat?
If the earth is flat, Why is it that when you go higher, You can see farther?
If the earth is flat, Why is it that when you go in a plane, You can see the curves in the earth.

You argument just doesn't make sense.
shazammie127

Pro

You have made some plausible arguments but I've heard them all before. Think. If you are in a room filled with items the higher you are, For instance if you stood on a chair, You would see more compared to if you were laying on the ground. That disproves your theory as to why you can go higher and see farther. Lets assume the sun moves around the Earth because the Earth is round. If that would be the case what happens to the people on the other side? They would fall off. On a flat Earth humans, Or anything for that matter, Can't fall off. Unless they pass through the Bermuda portal. The moon isn't flat by the way, But that is a whole different discussion. I appreciate the attempt but as you said, "You argument just doesn't make sense. "
Bob48

Con

First off, I apologize for my bad grammar in my previous argument. I was typing on a phone and am now on a computer.

Secondly, Your argument about seeing items above you is not valid. Let's take the ocean for example. If you go higher, You can see farther out into the ocean. The reason for this is because of the Earth's curves.

Your argument that people would fall off the earth isn't a valid argument either. Gravity is what keeps people on the planet. That's common sense.

You also mention that the moon isn't flat. Do you believe all of the other planets are round except for Earth, Or do you believe all of the other planets are flat as well?
shazammie127

Pro

I believe that the other planets in our solar system are round. I also think the Earth is flat. The reason why the Earth is flat and the other planets aren't is because Earth has life on it whereas on the other planets there aren't. This is because any possible life that has developed has fallen off. I understand the concept of gravity and how it works on the moon and on other planets but you have to understand that Earth is different because it is flat. You have made many valid points but logic is backing me up here. The thought that the Earth isn't flat is simply preposterous.
Bob48

Con

You claim that all of the other planets in our solar system are round except for Earth, And that all other life that has tried to develop on the other planets have "fallen off" because the other planets are round. However, That itself is very wrong. The Earth "being flat" is not why we have life on Earth. We have life on Earth due to a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include the average temperature of Earth compared to other planets, The stability of Earth"s atmosphere and chemical composition, And the Earth's perfect distance from the Sun. There are many other reasons, But I am on an 8000 character limit and am unable to mention them all.

Another thing is, According to your logic, If the Earth was flat everyone would fall off. This is because there is no bottom or top in space. Also, Many people have gone to the moon and they haven't fallen off, But yet, The Moon is round.

Another thing is, If the Earth was flat, Then there would be no gravity on Earth. If that was the case, We would not have a moon and satellites would not work. If there was no moon on Earth, Then we wouldn"t have tides, Our axial tilt would be unstable. I am personally very glad that our Earth is round because if it wasn"t, Many things on Earth would be different.

Another thing is, There is literal proof that our Earth isn"t flat. Check out these photos: https://www. Nasa. Gov/multimedia/imagegallery/iotd. Html

Also, If you believe that these images are fake and that NASA is hiding something, Then that is wrong. They have nothing to hide.

Science here is backing me up, And your argument that the Earth is flat is "simply preposterous"
Posted by Bob48 1 week ago
Bob48
For some reason, The first letter after a comma is automatically capitalized.
Posted by canis 1 week ago
canis
"Is Earth flat". . Yes my brother feel over the egde in 2015. . .
Posted by JJJhghg1189 1 week ago
JJJhghg1189
shazammie's killin this debate. Hes got me fully convinced.
Posted by logicae 1 week ago
logicae
Well this will be a fun debate! Best of luck to both of you and to make the debate as fun as possible, Make sure to include sound studies/logic. It is important to have non fallacious reasons to debate about and not a bunch of name calling and off topic discussion.

To truth! -logicae
Posted by jrardin12 1 week ago
jrardin12
And I thought Conservatives were the science deniers.