HayMee
debaterhardlyknowher

Is Harry Potter Better Than Twilight?

HayMee has forfeited round #2.
Started: 2/21/2018 Category: Movies
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

HayMee

Pro

Ok, let's just say anyone who wants to debate me on this has better be good, cause I've got a lot of points up my sleeve.
1. Remove the love triangle from Harry Potter you get a story about saving the world no matter the cost, remove the love triangle from Twilight you get nothing left.
2. Harry Potter teaches you that when you stick with your friends and not give up, you can save the world. Twilight teaches you without a boyfriend there is no point in living.
*bow* that is all I'm saying for now. I'm looking forward to a nice debate.
debaterhardlyknowher

Con

Hello, I thank you for participating in this debate with me. I, too, have a few good points up my sleeves. In my youth, I would enjoy sitting down and reading a good story. It was a good distraction from all the other things in my life. I read both the greats and the contemporary: "Debbie Does Dallas: a Novelization", "Withering Lows", and "Old Yeller". I lost myself within the verse and prose of these literary giants. Children who are reading this, I encourage you to truly sit down and lose yourself within the pages of a classic. Personally, I read so I could try to tune out my parents' loud & unruly conduct. I wish I could call it lovemaking, but it was so devoid of emotion and love that a better description would be so graphic & long I couldn't fit it in here. Let me just say to you that even after investing excessive amounts of time & money into therapy, I still cannot look at a tube sock the same way. But I digress. My mind wanders like the greased pigs that I used to steal from my now wife and let loose like wild horses among the streets of the town. Oh! how they would chase & attempt to grab them, but their attempts were fruitless (much unlike my homosexual cousin who I explored the farthest limits of love with). Alas, all that is behind me now, so I will save these dark tales of bicuriosity & swine wrestling for another day. To get back to the point, books for me were a distraction from the both minor and major grievances I experienced growing up. Things started to go my way once I reached the age of 17. I met a fine young broad named Mary Anne. I saw her in the market, peddling the pork that her family's farm produced. I walked over and asked for some backside, to which she turned around and started rummaging through the cuts of meat that had been hung up. Losing my courage, I immediately turned on my heel and fled. You see, I suffered from a similar affliction to my father. As some say, we were not well endowed. We were the opposite of hung. Somewhere in our genes, something had flipped and we had both received a penis the size of a dehydrated Sea Monkey. As I grew older I saw the havoc that this affliction wreaked on my parents' marriage. The one thing that I can truly say I learned from them is that size does matter. At one time I attempted to profit from my misfortune, writing a bildungsroman called "My Micro and Me". However, it did not reach the bestseller list and the only thing that came from it was the ridicule and isolation I experienced, as I sat at home, dreading when the time came to urinate and I had to look at my minuscule rooster. But I digress. After typing this out I realize that I have not even touched on the main topic of the debate yet, so let me dive in. The Twilight series is a grand, sensual, mythical work. I remember reading it after a low point in my life: the time when my wonderful wife Mary Anne suffered a terrible accident where she was held up and robbed by another man with a micropenis, who needed the money to fund his manifesto on why penis enlargement drugs and pumps should be taxpayer funded. This turned my marriage upside down, as Mary Anne could not look at my pumps without having disturbing flashbacks to the robbery. I sat down with the words of Stephanie Meyer and started to read. I read, I read, and I read. Oh! how I cried, how I laughed, how I felt the urge to run away to Washington with the werewolves. I continued reading this series over and over again until Mary Anne's therapy sessions were done and we could go on honeymoon. Our honeymoon is a tale for another day.... eventually I came to the realization that I should not have picked Saudi Arabia as our destination. I am currently working on a memoir which includes much of the above events and more. It will be titled "The Backside of the Swine and other fruitful stories". I am waiting for the censorship board to get back to me about whether it will be published or not, but I am not getting my hopes up, as there is one particularly graphic story about a thimble and a bottle of mayonnaise. But I digress. I will now attempt to get back on task and rebut your original points.

You state that removing the love triangle from Harry Potter yields an epic and enjoyable tale, whereas removing it from Twilight will destroy the work. Picking apart a book like this and removing something as broad and grand as a love triangle is a ridiculous notion. Imagine how dry your wank bank would run if you removed every love triangle from there. To quote the popular show "Seinfeld", "No threesome for you!". (This quote has been paraphrased.) My point is that you cannot dissect literary works like you have proposed. Twilight may be almost entirely based on a love triangle, but so was my youth: my aforementioned cousin, my hamster, and me. The jealousy, lust, and passion that we experienced cannot be described using mere words. Unfortunately, my cousin ran away with my hamster, leaving me alone, until they were both killed in a freak accident at a rave. I won't go into detail, but it involved a chandelier, a reconstruction of a high ranking Nazi officer's costume, and a whole lot of passion. Anyway, my point is that love triangles enhance the sensuality and passion of any story they touch, and Twilight features a much better one than Harry Potter. My interest in the Harry Potter series would've been enhanced had Dobby been introduced into the love triangle. I identify with Dobby greatly, as tube socks created a lot of pain and pleasure for the both of us. Needless to say, I was disappointed at his lack of appearance in the later novels. When he died I not only cried for days, but I also developed erectile dysfunction.

You make the point that Harry Potter teaches you to stick with your friends. This is a bad message to be sending to children, as my friends only caused me pain. They teased me about my micropenis, and the only time I was truly happy in my formative years was when I was stroking the polyester silk screened nipple of my Edward Cullen body pillow. (Note: I only bought the Edward Cullen body pillow as the Dobby body pillow did not come in my size). In addition, I believe it worth noting that the only reason Harry, Ron, & Hermione remained friends, was the constant wish the two guys felt to bone Hermione. You say that Twilight teaches that without a boyfriend, there is no point in living. This is never stated in the books, and I would argue that the books actually teach that if you have the opportunity to engage in coitus with a vampire so attractive that he could make even my micro twitch, you should go for it no matter the cost.

I too take a bow at the end of this argument, not because I think it was at all coherent, or that I am proud of what I have just textually vomited out and forced upon the masses in any way, shape, or form. I bow to commemorate and celebrate the life of my hamster. I am always saying prayers for Osama. O God, please give him back, I will keep asking you!
Posted by Jquicuf 2 years ago
Jquicuf
I agree because Harry Potter is a really good movie and has one of the best scenography and characters.
Posted by SuperSmartSassySweetie 2 years ago
SuperSmartSassySweetie
sorry about the multiple comments. computer glitch
SuperSmartSassySweetie
I agree with Pro through and through. Con, your argument was in coherent and completely off the point. I do not know the exact logical fallacies you committed (there were so many). A debate should be over the topic and should remain on topic. No one wants to hear about your tragic childhood. We want to hear about what you feel about Harry potter or twilight. Please refrain from participating in any other debates if all you will do is tell your sorry, sorry tale.
SuperSmartSassySweetie
SuperSmartSassySweetie
SuperSmartSassySweetie
SuperSmartSassySweetie
Posted by Tracy1999 3 years ago
Tracy1999
Harry Potter is much better than Twilight in some aspects such as the plot, the underlying message and so on, but in terms of triangle love , from my perspective , Twillight is maybe bettter than Harry Potter. On the scale of 1 to 5 , i will give 4 star for Harry potter because Harry potter has a stimulating plot with many unexpected twists and 2 star for twilight because of the attractive triangle love