Anonymous
Ondyjones

Is Islam the right religion

Anonymous

Con

When trying to reason with Islamic literalists, They will say their quran is historically accurate even though the best they can show is that only some of the people and places mentioned in the quran actually existed. Which of course they would be because fables are usually set in real places and often mention famous people of that time. But there is absolutely no historical or archaeological evidence that the stories in the quran are true. And Islamic scholars will often admit that their evidently not true.

Muslims might also argue that the quran is scientifically accurate even though the earth is not flat, The sun does not orbit the earth, The earth does not stand still, The sun is not concealed nor does it settle in as muddy spring, Gravity does in fact exist, And darkness is just the absence of light. The moon was never split in half either nor could it have been. Every claim the quran makes about any field of science is laughably and indefensibly wrong.

Now the next thing to examine is Muhammad. If he was a false prophet, He would make false prophecies and he did just that. For example, Muhammad prophecied that the Byzantines will overcome the Persians in 3 to 9 years. There are at least two problems with this prophecy. First, This prophecy didn't even come true as although the Byzantines did overcome the Persians, It took 13 years, Not 3 to 9. Second if Muhammad was able to make exactly correct prophecies, He wouldn't need to give such a large range duration. He would have given an exact year. Not a general range.

There are many other problems with Islam, But this should get us started for the first round.

Before I end, I would like to give a few reasons why Christianity is the right religion.

I will begin this argument by pointing out that, Unlike the quran, All scriptures in the Bible are God-breathed, Meaning everything single word in the Bible is directly from God. He used men in order to write the scriptures, But he told them exactly what to say. In addition, While the quran only had one author, Muhammad, There were 40 authors that God used to write the Bible, And the fact that they are all consistent with each other should say something. Nevertheless, This does not completely prove Christianity is the right religion. There are 3 main subjects that I will go over that support my argument of why I believe Christianity is the right religion.

First, Everything in the Bible is historically accurate. The Bible has 100's of prophesies made ahead of time and you will find that they have all been fulfilled. Here is a sample of a few.

1. Jeremiah: 11:12 prophesies that Babylon will rule over Judah for exactly 70 years, And they did. They ruled over Judah from 609 B. C to 539 B. C.

2. Nahum 3:15 prophesied that Ninevah would be destroyed by fire and sure enough, It was.

3. Isaiah 13:19 also prophesied that Babylon's kingdom would be permanently overthrown. This also came to pass.

There are many, Many more but listing all of them is beyond the scope of this debate.

Second, The Bible is scientifically accurate and everything claim in the Bible in any field of science is right.

Astronomy

Stars are innumerable (Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22)
Stars differ in glory (1 Corinthians 15:41)
Stars follow a predictable pattern (Jeremiah 31:35)
Earth hangs on nothing (not built on pillars) (Job 26:7)
Earth is round, Not flat (Isaiah 40:22; Psalm 103:12) Note: This claim might not sound significant, But in those times, Everyone believe the earth was flat.

Geology

Water cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10)
Sea currents (Psalm 8:8)
"Fountains of the deep broken up" (Genesis 7:11)

Biology

Blood circulation (Leviticus 17:11)

This is of course, Just a sample. But perhaps the most substantial claim the Bible made on science is the claim in Genesis 7 that there would be a global flood. There is overwhelming evidence of this from both geology and archaeology.

When you compare Christianity to all other religions, You find that it is the only one that is accurate scientifically and historically. It cannot be dis-proven in any way. Believe me, It has been tried. But even the most Agnostic and liberal critics will admit it. All other religions however, Are nowhere near as accurate and unique like Christianity is.

But even aside from accuracy, There is one major thing that separates Christianity from all other religions. You see, All other religions in the world have a leader such as Joseph Smith for Mormon, The Pope for Catholicism, Muhammad for Islam and they all come to tell you what to do right or what you have to work at, And what is the way to Heaven. Jesus, However, Says no, I have not come to show you the way, I am the way. Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and all you have to do is believe in him to receive eternal life. I believe that Jesus is who he said he is. He claimed to be the son of God. Without proving it, This statement means nothing. I could go out and claim to be the son of God. But Jesus's claim was significant. He claimed to be the son of God and he proved it by rising from the dead. There is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that Jesus rose from the grave and although I would love to go into it, That is a whole different debate. For now, I will just give a few links.

https://www. Desiringgod. Org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection
http://theconversation. Com/the-case-for-christ-whats-the-evidence-for-the-resurrection-75530

I referenced verses when refuting Islam. Here they are.

Verse references:
quran 13:2
quran 31:10
quran 7:54
quran 13:3
quran 91:1-4
quran 15:16-18
quran 21:32
quran 37:10
quran 41:12
quran 67:5
quran 35:41
quran 14:33
quran 36:38-40
quran 41:14
quran 18:84

I look forward to your response
Ondyjones

Pro

Bismillahirahman arahim thanks for the challenge con

First off proof Islam is right

First off we agree there is a God seeing how your a christian

This God must be one

The trinity makes no sense it is illogical

Who controls the universe? Father son or Ghost?

If they all do without conflict they are one person not three

To be a person is to have an independent will

You say God is one being with three persons

If these persons disagree with one another their will be a conflict and a chaos not a cosmos

The father would say let it be day in this city

The son would say, "no are you crazy it should be night! "

So the trinity is impossible

You say the bible is proof

We don"t believe in the Bible!

We believe in what Moses wrote and what Jesus wrote

You say over 40 authors wrote the bible?

How do you know?

If Moses wrote the first five books of the Old Testament why does the fifth book mention how he died and was buried?

None of the manuscripts of the Old Testament date anywhere near the time of Moses

There is plenty of time for them to be altered

Matthew couldn"t be written by Matthew since he is mentioned in the third person in Matthew 9:9

Furthermore the gospels are written in Greek Jesus and his peasant deciples spoke Aramaic

Also the gospels were written after Paul

Paul contradicts Jesus and his brother James and the whole Old Testament!

Paul was a Christian killer

He probably used the formula if you can"t beat them join them technique

He destroyed Christianity from within

Furthermore we don"t have the original New Testament

We have the copies of the copies of the copies and plenty of changes crept in

Also the bible is scientifically inaccurate

Just read the beginning

Was the whole universe created in 6 24 hour days?

How can there be light and days with no sun moon and stars?

How can plants exist without sunlight?

The bible is wrong

Islam means submission to the will of God

Abraham was a Muslim not a Christian or Jew

Muhammad saw was known as truthful even by his arch enemies and never lied in 40 years

How can someone who never lied in 40 years just start lying and believe his lies?

Muhammad saw is also the most influential person in history

How can a crazy man be the most influential person in history?

So he wasn"t a liar or lunatic but legit

Also Quran mentions embryology 1400 years before microscope

You say Muhammad saw wanted to invade byzentines?

Source please?

Islam is truth

God is one not three

Worship only one God and believe in his last Prophet Muhammad Mustafa saw amen

Con

Hey, We have been out of town so I haven"t had time to post. I will have an argument though by next round
Ondyjones

Pro

Ok see u next round

But please understand that Islam is the religion of Abraham

Christianity is a fabrication by Paul

Trinity makes no sense

If God is 3 distinct persons

Then he must have 3 distinct wills

So the will of the son would contradict the will of the father

If they have the same will they are 1 person not 3

And Jesus never taught trinity

Even if I agree the gospels were written by eyewitnesses

Then how did they remember exactly what Jesus said years after he "died"?

You may say they were inspired

But then I could say the Quran fell from the sky

So it"s the word of God

And since Muhammad saw was a truthful man

And since the Quran is a miracle

Islam is true alhumdulillah
Ondyjones

Pro

My argument still stands
Ondyjones

Pro

Argument continues
Ondyjones

Pro

Ondyjones forfeited this round.
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
@backwardseden- you are a bitter, Angry man and one day, That anger will catch up with you
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Adrian14 - Well you just got caught in a mega substantial lie. Just as you always do. It must be comforting to your teeny bopper brain to lie, Much less knowingly lie and think you can get away with it. 1. "He left town last week and just got back. " That's a good one. Try lying again. So jackingbaby posted this debate DURING HIS VACATION according to you to further p**s people off - correct? Just so he can deliberately forfeit them - correct? Good job in not knowing what the f--k you are talking about.
2. "They went to Disney. " Oh really? According to what imbecile on banana split endz you? How would you know? No. I get it. I really do. So handsome jackiebaby and family is going to take a vacation down to disney ON THE COLDEST DAYS OF THE YEAR, BY FAR especially on SUNDAY WITH Non<x>stop RAIN TO BOOT you fricken stupid pile of s--t, Um no, Nobody would be THAT stupid especially if living in Fl and only a couple of hours drive away. So try for better lies. K?
3. "I understand that he would choose God over me, I would too. " Absolutely no you don't. You are full of crap. I get it, I really do. So you are telling me that since you would do this that you essentially are Hitler, Hong Xiuquan, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin all combined etc. Right? Why of course you do stubby. After all, They all told those that were following them to die for their cause and beliefs. Same-exact-thing-here. Only its far worse. Why? Whereas Hitler, Hong Xiuquan, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin were all real and can be proved as real, Your god cannot be proved as being real.
Case closed. DO NOT even dream about bothering me again. Just because you are an all time loser, And you know it, Especially just like your so-called genuine friend would easily have you snuffed out for his fake and false religious god, While he continues to breathe, Wow oh wow, This is by far the most selfish act anyone can ever commit. You cannot do worse if you wanted to. Do yourself a favor. . . Get some REAL. . . Genuine friends. Bye.
Posted by Adrian14 3 years ago
Adrian14
He left town last week and just got back. They went to Disney. He does in fact have genuine friends and loved ones and guess what, I understand that he would choose God over me, I would too. Why do you make such a big deal over the littlest things?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Adrian14 - Oh really? He's in Orlando? He's in Orlando doing what exactly? Oh and you know this - how? Does jackiebaby tell you everything that he does? I bet he does because you are a close personal friend of his that he would sell you down the toilet to have a bullet put in your head first and foremost ahead of his faith so you would be DEAD in which you nor he nor anybody can even prove that his nor your god even exists. That's nothing but atrocious selfishness. This selfishness would never hold up in court if it were to claim anyone's life. What a great deplorable genuine friendship that you 100% know doesn't exist. And you can lie about it all you want. In fact, The both of you are true compulsive liars and on that merit alone, You have no genuine friends or loved ones, A HUGE red flag and your loneliness SCREAMS in its own frailty.
So exactly when did your hero and icon who you must think is better than you since he places his faith first and you secondary, Jackiebaby, When did he take off for Orlando? Oh and duh, Btw you fricken maggot, I happen to live in Orlando. Yeah, That matters.
Oh and btw, Your hero and icon had 8 hours, At least to post his argument for RD2 rather than using a preschool excuse that he's used countless times before. Nah he cowardly backed out of it because he's a piece of crap and doesn't have any answers for a reply and your hero and icon knows it.
And duh as omar2345 stated, If he's not able to finish the debate, Then he shouldn't have started it. Duh. Now was going on vacation a spur of the moment type thing? Regardless, If so when did he leave?

Regardless, My nap takes precedence over anything you have to say because there's nothing you can say to defend someone who in no possible way is your friend AND YOU KNOW IT. So cut the charade ribbon in two. Bye.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Adrian14

Problem is Con created the debate. If Con was not able to finish the debate he could have made the debate another time.
Posted by Adrian14 3 years ago
Adrian14
Chill backwards, He"s in Orlando on vacation. My gosh what is wrong with you?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@Ondyjones - Your opponent jackgilbert, Or better known as jackiebaby, Has used that same excuse on more than quite a few occasions for what he has stated on his 2nd RD. And he's simply full of s--t. He also forfeits a lot in which he absolutely loves to do just to p**s people off and for no other reason. Only here, Its a lot worse as you've obviously outgunned him and he truly has no response and he knows it. So what is he doing? He's dragging things on and on and on which is his tactic as he has no genuine willingness for an honest debate. Just giving you fair warning. You are simply better than he is as is nearly everybody here on DDO, Point blank obviously. For god's sake if he cannot stick around for his debates, Then its simple, He should not create them nor should he become involved with them. Btw, To support what has been stated here, Simply examine his profile debating record. Please tc and have fun.
Vote Placed by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
AnonymousOndyjonesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro only argued against Christianity rather than proving Islam.