Anonymous
Zifsha.2

Is Islam the true religion?

Anonymous

Con

Hey, I saw on your profile that you are a Muslim and would love to have a debate about whether or not Islam is the true religion. I am a Christian and these kinds of debates fascinate me. If you wish to debate, Then accept for the first round and then arguments will begin in the next round.
Zifsha.2

Pro

You are on my friend. Let's set debate. Org in fire

Con

When trying to reason with Islamic literalists, They will say their quran is historically accurate even though the best they can show is that only some of the people and places mentioned in the quran actually existed. But there is absolutely no historical or archaeological that the stories in the quran are true. And Islamic scholars will often admit that their evidently not true.

Muslims might also argue that the quran is scientifically accurate even though the earth is not flat, The sun does not orbit the earth, The earth does not stand still, The sun is not concealed nor does it settle in as muddy spring, Gravity does in fact exist, And darkness is just the absence of light. The moon was never split in half either nor could it have been. Every claim the quran makes about any field of science is laughably and indefensibly wrong.

Now the next thing to examine is Muhammad. If he was a false prophet, He would make false prophecies and he did just that. For example, Muhammad prophecied that the Byzantines will overcome the Persians in 3 to 9 years. There are at least two problems with this prophecy. First, This prophecy didn't even come true as although the Byzantines did overcome the Persians, It took 13 years, Not 3 to 9. Second if Muhammad was able to make exactly correct prophecies, He wouldn't need to give such a large range duration. He would have given an exact year. Not a general range.

There are many other problems with Islam, But this should get us started for the first round.

Verse references:
quran 13:2
quran 31:10
quran 7:54
quran 13:3
quran 91:1-4
quran 15:16-18
quran 21:32
quran 37:10
quran 41:12
quran 67:5
quran 35:41
quran 14:33
quran 36:38-40
quran 41:12
quran 18:84
Zifsha.2

Pro

U strongly proved your side of view. During the debate I am not insulting other religions.
First, Of all do you believe Muslims and Christians belive in the same God? The only difference is Christmas belive in trinity and Muslims belive in Tawheedh_the oneness of God_and Muhammad is his final messenger.
The placees and things that haven't taken place will occur in the future. Therefore it's not an eligible point for the debate since no-one can prove or disprove it via science or logic. The Quran was brought 1400 years ago to the prophet Muhammad. Yet the facts in the Quran that exceeded the knowledge of the 14th century Arabs. As science develops these facts are being proven, Such as two sea not mixing, The human embryos resemblance to a leech, The orbit of the sun and so much more. Even more miracles are present in the linguistic perspective. The ending of earth has been seen, Prophet Muhammad's birth, Moon been split into half and regain to normal and bloodsheds happening to Gaza and Afghanistan. And prophet Muhammad the final prophet and he completed his prophecy and died peacefully. In the next round this shall be explained

Con

First, I would like to point out that if God had to send a final messenger with his final word, It would be inconsistent with the idea presented in the Bible that God is immutable, That he doesn't change. God does not change his mind. His word from the beginning is his word to the end.

You claim that Muhammad was a prophet, However, The Bible gives clear signs on how to identify a false prophet. There are two major ways:

1. A false prophet gives false prophecies

This is pretty self explanatory. Muhammad has been known for giving many false prophecies. You claimed that the one I mentioned in the last round is irrelevant because it is an event that could take place in the future. But this is not true. At that time, The Persians had just defeated the Byzantines and Muhammad specifically says that 3 to 9 years from that point, The Byzantines will overcome the Persians. First, If Muhammad could see the future, Why didn't he give an exact year? It didn't matter anyway because he was wrong. It took them 13 years. Anyway, Those 3 to 9 years are over and thus, That event could not happen in the future. This is undeniably a prophecy Muhammad got wrong and is a clear sign that he is a false prophet.

There are many other false prophecies by Muhammad, Here is a link to them
https://www. Answering-islam. Org/Shamoun/false_prophecies. Htm

Even if that event could happen in the future, Couldn't every religion say that about their unfulfilled prophecies, That they are just events that will happen? Why is Islam the only religion aloud to do this?

2. A false prophet teaches things contrary to the Bible

The fact that Muhammad was delivering God's final word is a clear sign that he is a false prophet. In the quran, Not only is virtually everything contrary to the Bible, But there is no historical, Scientific, Or archaeological evidence to back it up. If God's word changed, He would not be immutable. Thus, The Bible is God's only and final word.

You also mentioned that the quran has some scientific accuracies, Such as two seas not mixing, But you don't mention the scientific errors, Such as that the sun does not settle in a muddy spring, Or that gravity does in fact exist. This is known as the cherry picking fallacy because you are pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position while dis-regarding a significant portion of related cases or data that contradict that position.

You then go on to say that the ending of the earth has been seen and that the moon has in fact been split in half. Could you please provide a source for this? I could not find any source that made this claim.

Before I end, I would like to give a few reasons why Christianity is the right religion.

I will begin this argument by pointing out that, Unlike the quran, All scriptures in the Bible are God-breathed, Meaning everything single word in the Bible is directly from God. He used men in order to write the scriptures, But he told them exactly what to say. In addition, While the quran only had one author, Muhammad, There were 40 authors that God used to write the Bible, And the fact that they are all consistent with each other should say something. Nevertheless, This does not completely prove Christianity is the right religion. There are 3 main subjects that I will go over that support my argument of why I believe Christianity is the right religion.

First, Everything in the Bible is historically accurate. The Bible has 100's of prophesies made ahead of time and you will find that they have all been fulfilled. Here is a sample of a few.

1. Jeremiah: 11:12 prophesies that Babylon will rule over Judah for exactly 70 years, And they did. They ruled over Judah from 609 B. C to 539 B. C.

2. Nahum 3:15 prophesied that Ninevah would be destroyed by fire and sure enough, It was.

3. Isaiah 13:19 also prophesied that Babylon's kingdom would be permanently overthrown. This also came to pass.

There are many, Many more but listing all of them is beyond the scope of this debate.

Second, The Bible is scientifically accurate and everything claim in the Bible in any field of science is right.

Astronomy

Stars are innumerable (Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22)
Stars differ in glory (1 Corinthians 15:41)
Stars follow a predictable pattern (Jeremiah 31:35)
Earth hangs on nothing (not built on pillars) (Job 26:7)
Earth is round, Not flat (Isaiah 40:22; Psalm 103:12) Note: This claim might not sound significant, But in those times, Everyone believe the earth was flat.

Geology

Water cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10)
Sea currents (Psalm 8:8)
"Fountains of the deep broken up" (Genesis 7:11)

Biology

Blood circulation (Leviticus 17:11)

This is of course, Just a sample. But perhaps the most substantial claim the Bible made on science is the claim in Genesis 7 that there would be a global flood. There is overwhelming evidence of this from both geology and archaeology.

When you compare Christianity to all other religions, You find that it is the only one that is accurate scientifically and historically. It cannot be dis-proven in any way. Believe me, It has been tried. But even the most Agnostic and liberal critics will admit it. All other religions however, Are nowhere near as accurate and unique like Christianity is.

But even aside from accuracy, There is one major thing that separates Christianity from all other religions. You see, All other religions in the world have a leader such as Joseph Smith for Mormon, The Pope for Catholicism, Muhammad for Islam and they all come to tell you what to do right or what you have to work at, And what is the way to Heaven. Jesus, However, Says no, I have not come to show you the way, I am the way. Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and all you have to do is believe in him to receive eternal life. I believe that Jesus is who he said he is. He claimed to be the son of God. Without proving it, This statement means nothing. I could go out and claim to be the son of God. But Jesus's claim was significant. He claimed to be the son of God and he proved it by rising from the dead. There is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that Jesus rose from the grave and although I would love to go into it, That is a whole different debate. For now, I will just give a few links.

https://www. Desiringgod. Org/articles/historical-evidence-for-the-resurrection
http://theconversation. Com/the-case-for-christ-whats-the-evidence-for-the-resurrection-75530

I look forward to your response.
Zifsha.2

Pro

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word "Islam" itself means. The religion of Islam is not named after a person as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gotama Buddha, Confucianism after Confucius, And Marxism after Karl Marx. Nor was it named after a tribe like Judaism after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus. Islam is the true religion of "Allah" and as such, Its name represents the central principle of Allah's "God's" religion; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". The Arabic word "Islam" means the submission or surrender of one's will to the only true god worthy of worship "Allah" and anyone who does so is termed a "Muslim", The word also implies "peace" which is the natural consequence of total submission to the will of Allah. Hence, It was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) I in Arabia in the seventh century, But only the true religion of Allah re-expressed in its final form.

Islam is the religion which was given to Adam, The first man and the first prophet of Allah, And it was the religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to mankind. The name of God's religion lslam was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by Allah Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man. In the final book of divine revelation, The Qur'aan, Allah states the following:

"This day have I perfected your religion for you, Completed My favour upon you, And have chosen for you Islam as your religion". (Soorah Al-Maa'idah 5:3)

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah (God) never will It be accepted of Him" (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:85)

"Abraham was not a Jew nor Christian; but an upright Muslim. " (Soorah Aal'imraan 3:67)

Nowhere in the Bible will you find Allah saying to Prophet Moses' people or their descendants that their religion is Judaism, Nor to the followers of Christ that their religion is Christianity. In fact, Christ was not even his name, Nor was it Jesus! The name "Christ" comes from the Greek word Christos which means the annointed. That is, Christ is a Greek translation of the Hebrew title "Messiah". The name "Jesus" on the other hand, Is a latinized version of the Hebrew name Esau.

For simplicity's sake, I will however continue to refer to Prophet Esau (PBUH) as Jesus. As for his religion, It was what he called his followers to. Like the prophets before him, He called the people to surrender their will to the will of Allah; (which is Islam) and he warned them to stay away from the false gods of human imagination.

According to the New Testament, He taught his followers to pray as follows: "Yours will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".

THE MESSAGE OF ISLAM

Since the total submission of one's will to Allah represents the essence of worship, The basic message of Allah's divine religion, Islam is the worship of Allah alone and the avoidance of worship directed to any person, Place or thing other than Allah. Since everything other than Allah, The Creator of all things, Is Allah's creation; it may be said that Islam, In essence calls man away from the worship of creation and invites him to worship only its Creator. He is the only one deserving man's worship as it is only by His will that prayers are answered. If man prays to a tree and his prayers are answered, It was not the tree which answered his prayers but Allah who allowed the circumstances prayed for to take place. One might say, "That is obvious, " however, To tree-worshippers it might not be. Similarly, Prayers to Jesus, Buddha, Or Krishna, To Saint Christopher, Or Saint Jude or even to Muhammad, Are not answered by them but are answered by Allah. Jesus did nottell his followers to worship him but to worship Allah. As the Qur'aan states:

"And behold Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary Did you say to men, Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah He will say-"Glory to you I could never say what I had no right (to say')" (Soorah Al-Maa'idah- 5:116)

Nor did he worship himself when he worshipped but rather he worshipped Allah. This basic principle is enshrined in the opening chapter of the Qur'aan, Known as Soorah Al-Faatihah, Verse 4:

"You alone do we worship and from you alone do we seek help".

Elsewhere, In the final book of revelation, The Qur'aan, Allah also said:

"And your Lord says:"Call on Me and I will answer your(prayer). "(Soorsh Mu'min 40:60)

it is worth noting that the basic message of Islam is that Allah and His creation are distinctly different entities. Neither is Allah His creation or a part of it, Nor is His creation Him or a part of Him.

This might seem obvious, But, Man's worship of creation instead of the Creator is to a large degree based on ignorance of this concept. It is the belief that the essence of Allah is everywhere in His creation or that His divine being is or was present in some aspects of His creation, Which has provided justification for the worship of creation though such worship maybecalled the worship of Allah through his creation. How ever, The message of Islam as brought by the prophets of Allah is to worship only Allah and to avoid the worship of his creation either directly or indirectly. In the Our'aan Allah clearlystates:

"For We assuredly sent amongst every people a prophet, (with the command) worship meand avoid false gods " (Soorsh Al-Nahl 16:36)

When the idol worshipper is questioned as to why he or she bows down to idols created by men, The invariable reply is that they are not actually worshipping the stone image, But Allah who is present within it. They claim that the stone idol is only a focal point for Allah's essence and is not in itself Allah! One who has accepted the concept of the presence of God's being within His creation in any way will be obliged to accept this argument of idolatry. Whereas, One who understands the basic message of Islam and its implications would never concede to idolatry no matter how it is rationalized. Those who have claimed divinity for themselves down through the ages have often based their claims on the mistaken belief that Allah is present in man. They merely had to assert that although Allah according to their false beliefs, Is in all of us, He is more present in them than in the rest of us. Hence, They claim, We should submit our will to them and worship them as they are either God in person or God concentrated within the person.

Similarly, Those who have asserted the godhood of others after their passing have found fertile ground among those who accept the false belief of God's presence in man. One who has grasped the basic message of Islam and its implications could never agree to worship another human being under any circumstances. God's religion in essence is a clear call to the worship of the Creator and the rejection of creation-worship in any form. This is the meaning of the motto of Islam:

"Laa Elaaha lllallaah" (There is no god but Allah)

Its repetition automatically brings one within the fold of Islam and sincere belief in it guarantees one Paradise.

Thus, The final Prophet of Islam is reported to have said, "Any one who says: There is no god but Allah and dies holding that (belief) will enter paradise". (Reported by Abu Dharr and collected by Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim).

Con

I would like to reduce your entire argument on why the quran is the word for God into a short argument. You argue that the quran is the word of God because Muhammad said so, And then you say Muhammad is credible because he was sent my God. I would like to point out there are a few flaws in this argument and it all comes down to circular reasoning. What you are basically saying is that Muhammad was sent by God because Muhammad said so. As you can see this logic leads nowhere except in a circle and doesn't prove anything. You see, It would be like me saying this. If I said to you that apples are the best tasting food because no food in the history has ever tasted better you would look at me and say I haven't proven anything and you would be right. All I've done is re-stated the question making my argument sound convincing when in reality, The logic is just circular. Although we don't immediately realize it, Muslims are doing the same thing here.

In your second argument you say that the quran is not a new religion brought by prophet Muhammad, But is just a re-expressed version of the Bible. There are a few problems with this argument. First, When a book is re-expressed, You take the contents of it, And just express them in a different way that may be more clear or precise. The contents themselves, However, Don't change. The reason it is impossible for the quran to be a re-expressed version of the Bible is because the contents in the quran compared to the Bible are completely contradictory. Here are a few examples:

1. The Bible teaches that Jesus did in fact die on the cross, While the quran rejects this. I believe that Jesus also rose from the grave, That is actually where there is the most debate. Almost everyone agrees that Jesus at least died on the cross. There is overwhelming evidence for the fact that Jesus died on the cross, Even the most skeptical critics will admit it. Yet the quran rejects it. Even though all scientists and archaeologists agree that Jesus at least died on the cross, Muslims must reject it for their quran to be infallible. But after looking at all the evidence, You realize that Jesus did in fact die on the cross and it is another huge error in the quran.

Here is a link to more things the Bible and the quran disagree on
https://crossexamined. Org/jesus-bible-quran-law-non-contradiction/

What these major differences prove is that the quran is not a re-expressed version of the Bible, An entirely different religion. A re-expressed version of the Bible would not take away any of the meaning. But furthermore, The Bible specifically mentions that it is the first and final word of God.

Here is a link to 40 Bible verses that clearly say God's word never changes.
https://www. Openbible. Info/topics/god_is_unchanging

God and his word are immutable, They never change. Thus, It is impossible for the quran to be God's final word. God's word doesn't change.

I would also like to point out that almost all the points made in the quran are bare assumptions with no real evidence to back them up. For example, The quran said that Abraham was a Muslim. This statement, Like all of the others from the quran, Have no evidence from any field of study to back them up. If anything there is evidence that says it isn't true such as it's historical inaccuracies. All of the claims in the Bible however, Can be backed up with evidence of all sorts. You see, History, Science, And archaeology are the best places to look for evidence for religion. If history, Science, And archaeology all say that Islam is not the true religion, People simply should not believe in it.

You also said that all prayers from other religions are not answered by their God, But by Allah. But the thing is, All religions will make this claim, All of them will say their God answers all prayers, But saying something doesn't make it true.

The rest of your argument is either giving information about Islam, Or is just an assertion without evidence. Yes, I will agree that there are some interesting things about Islam, But a lot of religions have an interesting story. That doesn't make them true though.

Christianity is the only religion that cannot be dis-proven in any way. All other religions can. All other religions have errors and mistakes in them, The Bible however does not.

What my opponent hasn't really done is prove that the quran and Muhammad are reliable. She must do that to prove Islam is the right religion.

There were many points in my last argument that you did not seem to address. I will give a list of them:

1. Historical inaccuracies in the quran

2. Reasons that Christianity is the right religion. These include:
a. Christianity is completely historically accurate
b. Christianity is completely scientifically accurate

3. Muhammad's false prophecies.
Zifsha.2

Pro

I might agree with you but unfortunately no. Christianity isn't the right religion. . . Jesus isn't a God neither he died. Jesus was taken to sky were he will stay until his time comes. Jesus was taken to sky for his country disbelievers were planning to kill him.
But the smartest of all, Allah inform Jesus and took him to sky. . God turned the disbelievers chief's look into Jesus outer appearance. . He was hanged in something like T which Christianities believe is blessed. Bibble isn't a true word of God since the true word of God of bibble doesn't ceased to exist anymore now and there are several edits of bibble. . . That is edited in the way they wanted. But unlike bibble only one version of Quran exist and would exist till the last day. In the day's of Muhammed pbuh Allah challenged guraishi to write a verse like Qur'ans verses. . . . But non of the guraishi could make a verse like verses of Qur'ans. This proves that Quran cannot be ever edited. Quran is a word of God. The Quran was narration, Speech. Yet it's grammatical accuracy and attention to detail is astounding. As a reasonable person, I cannot believe that is a coincidence. I will argue about credibility of Quran in the last round which is your highest attack target. . . .
Now your point is that prophet Muhammad pbuh isn't a true prophet for there are a few incorrect prophecies. No there isn't a single prophecies except the fact that some people believe that there are incorrect prophecies. . . . In your point like Persians. . Yes it took 13 years and did took longer than 9 Years /3years But deep into that there is a very good reason for this.
In Quran the Sarah al fajr God says: "Is there [not] in [all] that an oath [sufficient] for one of perception? ".
Now your question is why do we know there is a God and if there is why isn't there only one why isn't there more than one God? If we look at the surrounding nature you can see a perfect, Peaceful and everything In an ordered manner. Everything done to the perfection. . But who could have done these in such a great way? How could a huge tree be formed by a little seed in a organised manner? Allah the mighty, The creater has made these and us to test us. . . The reason for one God is that if there is an another God there will be things that only one agree which leads to a mere fight. Like a job as managers. If there is more than one manager there will be things that only one agree and this effects the the workers below them. Another reason is that, Allah is the only God with characteristics of God. . . In a true story of past Egypt there was a Pharaoh who claim himself as God. . . God gave him health, Richness, A family and a country to rule. What did the Pharaoh give in return? A refusion, Cold hearted words and told prophet Moosa To say that he: Pharaoh is the only God. The cruel Pharaoh died in the sea. . . But does a god have a birth, Death, Go toilet, Eat or drink? No a god doesn't. And due to this Allah the hearer, Seener, Unbirth and death is the only god present In the universe.
Bibble isn't the only book with history. Qur'an has a long talk of history about the past, Like the story of Pompeii Lets read:What was the consequence of doing that? And what was the end of those people? What is the start of their story?

City of Pompeii is an old roman city that lived in a lot of luxury. God gave people of this city a lot of graces such as the best crops, A lot of rains and many natural resources.

One day, People of Pompeii was celebrating God of fire day, But suddenly and without any kind of warning a volcanic eruption occurred which released a lot of lava. As a result, People tried to escape but all of them were killed immediately and the city was disappeared. Also their bodies were covered with lava and these covered bodies had transferred after many years to be fossilized rocks. {2}

A representative picture to the volcano which destroyed city of Pompeii and killed all People. Population of that city was up to 20000 person. So we have to remember God's saying: (So we seized them all of a sudden while they were unaware) (S"rat Al-A"r"f "" verse 95)

This city was hidden till it was discovered in the 18 century. They found that people's bodies were fossilized and petrified on their last condition, Which means that death came suddenly and they were not able to do anything.

It's God's justice, In Qur'an God told us about his punishment on some people because of their sins, God says :( Do then those who devise evil plots feel secure that Allah will not sink them into the earth, Or that the torment will not seize them from directions they perceive not? , Or that He may catch them in the midst of their going (in their jobs), So that there is no escape for them (from Allah's punishment)? ) (S"rat An-Nahl- verse 45-46). Indeed this verse tells us about this city and any other city might do like them. Archaeologists had found that punishment was descended on those people while they were on their daily life with no previous warning.

So God alerts us not to do like those people or to feel safe from similar end, God says :( Did the people of the towns then feel secure against the coming of Our punishment by night while they were asleep? * Or, Did the people of the towns then feel secure against the coming of Our punishment in the forenoon while they were playing? * Did they then feel secure against the Plan of Allah? None feels secure from the Plan of Allah except the people who are the losers. )(S"rat Al-A"r"f - verse 97-99)

Researchers had found many drawing for pornographic pictures in this city as evidence that adultery and homosexuality were in every place in the city. Also, Researchers believe that people of Pompeii were doing the adultery in front of kids and all people and they were not shy of that. Also they believe that adultery was in a large scale more than today's.

People of Pompeii believed in God of Sex, So they used to glorify him and to draw paints to get his satisfaction. We have to mention that there is an exhibition which includes these paints and pictures but children are not allowed to watch it without a special approval. {3}

Walls in some rooms in Pompeii with drawing of adultery, These drawing remained as an evidence that there is wisdom behind what happened to those people, And how much they deserve to die by this terrifying way.

What happened to the people of this city is totally identical with the following verse, God be he blessed and exalted says :( So, When they forgot (the warning) with which they had been reminded, We opened for them the gates of every (pleasant) thing, Until in the midst of their enjoyment in that which they were given, All of a sudden, We took them (in punishment), So! They were plunged into destruction with deep regrets and sorrows. * so the root of the people who did wrong was cut off. And all the praises and thanks are to Allah, The Lord of the ""lam"n (mankind, Jinn, And all that exists) (S"rat Al-An""m- verse 44-45).

Indeed God had opened for them gates of every pleasant thing, As mentioned before such as natural resource, Rains, Best crops, Etc". But they forgot their God and followed their instincts, So they died by this terrifying way. This is one of the gods rightful punishment to people like this. Quran is also scientifically accurate unlike bibble which has incorrect information due to edits. Scientifically accurate points like earth rotating, Gravitational pulls, Formation of trees, Two sea not mixing and other points. Future activities like Jesus returning To earth, Activities that will take place after the sunrisin from West. . .

Con

I'd like to take a step back from all the minutia of this round and simply go back over my main points and what my opponents arguments are all trying to say to you.

She starts off my making a few assertions that don't have evidence. For example, She says that Allah informed Jesus and took into the sky and that he never died on the cross. This is not true however. There is both historical and archaeological evidence that Jesus did in fact die on the cross and he died exactly how the Bible said he would.

https://www. Livescience. Com/62727-jesus-roman-crucifixion-found. Html

My opponent also argues that the Bible was edited. This is not true however. When the Bible was translated to English, There were several translations. For example, The KJV Bible is a very literal translation of the Bible. This meaning, It was translated word for word from Hebrew or Greek to English. When you have a translation like this, It is often confusing to read for people who speak English. That is why there are other translations of the Bible such as the ESV or the NIV that are not a literal translation of the original Bible, But they are translated in such a way that they make sense for us to read in English, And they don't take away the meaning. All the translations of the Bible mean the same thing, But are just communicated in a different way. For example, Some people will say the ball was thrown by the boy, While others will say the boy through the ball. They mean the same thing, It just depends on the way people prefer to say it. These are not edits. Edits take away part of the meaning, While all of these different translations of the Bible keep the same meaning. They are just different ways to say something. Some people prefer to read different translations of the Bible depending on what's the easiest to read for
them.

It is also common to hear Muslims say that their quran has never been changed but this is another claim that is simply not true. There are 22 different translations of the quran and unlike the Bible, The quran has been truly edited. You will actually find that many things in different translations of the quran are completely contradictory!

https://carm. Org/have-there-been-changes-in-the-quran

You also said that there is not a single incorrect prophecy in the quran, And that there was a good reason that the Byzantines overcame the Persians in 13 years, Not 3 to 9. The reason you gave wasn't very clear but in the end, It's pretty simple. If the Byzantines were not going to overcome the Persians in 3 to 9 years, He shouldn't have made the prophecy.

You then go on to answer a question that I didn't even ask. You said that I asked how we know there is a God and how we know there isn't more than one. Because this is an area where we both basically agree, That there is a God, I feel no need to address it.

Although the quran gives some history, It was provided after the event so it really isn't all that special. Any religion can give history, But the Bible, Unlike every other religions predicts the exact events before they happened

https://www. Answering-islam. Org/Quran/Incoherence/places_persons. Html

You said that the Bible has edits and is thus not scientifically accurate. But as I mentioned before, These are not edits. They are simply different ways to say something so that people can choose the translation that is easiest to read for them. The Bible is in fact scientifically accurate in every way possible.

https://www. Jw. Org/en/publications/magazines/g200711/bible-scientific-accuracy/

It is also accurate in every way historically. Here are more correct prophecies.

1. Babylon will rule over Judah for 70 years. The Bible had this exactly right. They ruled over Judah from 609 B. C to 539 B. C

2. Babylon's gates will open for Cyrus

3. Babylon's kingdom will be permanently overthrown

4. Babylon Will Be Reduced to Swampland

5. The Jews Will Survive Babylonian Rule and Return Home

6. The Ninevites Will Be Drunk in Their Final Hours

7. Tyre Will Be Attacked By Many Nations

8. Tyre's Stones, Timber and Soil Will Be Cast Into the Sea

There are 100's of others but perhaps the most important prophecy it made was the coming of the Messiah. Prophecies in the Bible were not just fulfilled many years ago, They are being fulfilled every day. Here are 5 Biblical prophecies fulfilled in 2018

https://www. Breakingisraelnews. Com/119711/biblical-prophecies-fulfilled-2018/

My opponent also said that she will mention the credibility of the quran at the last round but I would like to point out that presenting something at the last round doesn't give me a chance to answer to it.

Christianity is truly the only religion that cannot be dis-proven in any way. Historically, People have tried to find a single prophecy in the Bible that isn't true, They cannot. They have tried to find a single scientific error in the Bible, They cannot. They have looked to archaeology to dis-prove the Bible, They cannot. It's been tried, But no one can. Why? Because the Bible is the word of God and everything he says is true. He loved us so much as to send his son to die for us. He paid for your sins. I encourage you today to put your faith in Christ before it's too late. He has personally revealed himself to me, He can do the same for you. I know it is hard to come into a completely different religion, But you are coming into a religion that is un-breakable. Christ changed my life, If you put your faith in him, He will change yours too.
Zifsha.2

Pro

I say this is like throwing rocks to a beehive. . . Even if I explain something it's not easy for other people to understand from English. . . . The part of the sun setting in murky waters and darkness shrouding the earth are questions arising from linguistics. When the Quran is translated into English, The deep miracles present in the Arabic cannot be conveyed in the translation. So, This is a matter of the Arabic language. This could be used as a metaphor, Or as an enhancer of the language in the verse. It could also be a meaning that cannot seen at first first glance or with the incomplete knowledge of humans, As was the matter of the sun's orbit, Which was cleared once mankind's knowledge improved. As for gravity, Gravity was discovered before scientists discovered gravity is present. When I referred to a prophecy of the future, I was not referring to the one about Persians. This was a misunderstanding on your part, And no one in Islam uses that excuseI. Since the total submission of one"s will to God represents the essence of worship, The basic message of God"s divine religion, Islam, Is the worship of God alone. It also requires the avoidance of worship directed to any person, Place or thing other than God. Since everything other than God, The creator of all the things, Is God"s creation, It may be said that Islam, In essence, Calls man away from worship of creation and invites him to worship only his Creator. He is the only one deserving of man"s worship, Because it is only by His will that prayers are answered.

You say that the way of finding whether or not the Quran is accurate is by checking whether it contradicts the Bible. A question arises: how do we know the Bible that is being written today is accurate? I say being written today because we Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet, And the Bible was indeed revealed to him. But since then, People have been making changes to the Bible. There is the new testament and old testament. The new testament receives 'updates', Changes which are being brought to Allah's words for Jesus. And the Bible in fact prophesies the arrival of Muhammad. This one hundred percent of claims that Muhammad is the final messenger. From here all a question arises. How do we know Quran wasent something that prophet Muhammad wrote gain power? And you also claim that 'unlike the Quran', The Bible was from God. This is not true. The Quran was revealed to the prophet Muhammad by Allah through the angel Jibreel. The author of the Quran was not Muhammad; the Quran is Allah's message that was taught to Muhammad, Whom then taught to the believers. The Quran was also written by many of the Sahabas, Not only Muhammad. But this doesn't mean that Quran isn't appropriate. If prophet Muhammad was the author of the Quran why would his actions on a blind man would be existing in the book? When the blind man came to messenger Muhammad to know the region better, Prophet Muhammad as a normal human instinct turned his face away and this was mentioned in the Quran. Why would this be mentioned if Muhammad was the author of Quran. . . No. The whole story of this is mentioned in surah al abasa. . .
https://en. M. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Abasa
And you cannot say that there is no other religion like Christianity: there is Islam. There is one thing that you, Especially as a Christian, Have to believe: the fact that we have the same God. The main difference is that Christians believe in Trinity and Muslims believe in Tawheed, The oneness of God, Allah. We Muslims also believe in Jesus, That he was a prophet and he did not in fact die on the cross. Instead, Jesus was lifted to the heavens and remains there to this day. Believe in it or not is something that you can do whilst someone explains. . . . There isn't proof of this that much but from history Muslims say the leader who was planning to kill jesus, Appearance turned to jesus as he was lifted from earth to sky. . As the leader died on the cross his appearance turn to his real form.
As for credibility where you have try to attack several times there are logical, Scientific and many other proof. The Bible is the sacred scripture of Judaism and Christianity. The Christian Bible consists of the Old Testament and the New Testament, With the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox versions of the Old Testament being slightly larger because of their acceptance of certain books not accepted as scripture by Protestants. The Jewish Bible includes only the books known to Christians as the Old Testament. Furthermore, The arrangements of the Jewish and Christian canons differ considerably. Prophet Muhammad has been prophesized in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. The second witness was Waraqah ibn Nawfal, A Christian scholar who died soon after a solitary meeting with Muhammad. Waraqah attested Muhammad was the Prophet of his time and received revelation exactly like Moses and Jesus.

The Jews of Medina were anxiously awaiting the arrival of a prophet. The third and fourth witnesses were their two famous Jewish rabbis, Abdullah ibn Salam and Mukhayriq.

The sixth and seventh witnesses were also Yemeni Jewish rabbis, Wahb ibn Munabbih, And Ka"b al-Ahbar (d. 656 CE). Ka"b found long passages of praise and the description of the Prophet prophesized by Moses in the Bible. Login for more details :https://www. Islamreligion. Com/category/33/evidence-islam-is-truth/.

I am not saying that bibble isn't accurate. It is for Muslims belive in the true edit not edits by human beings. Thanks for the offer jack. BUT. . . . . Even if someone opens a way to other religions a true Muslim never changes the religion. . . So would I. To the last breath I will continue to be a Muslim to the last breath.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Wait they should come back to you. The moderator replied two days later for me.
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Yes, But they have not responded
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
The question at hand here begs the question that there IS a 'true' religion. Con's arguments are all geared towards christianity versus Islam. The most I'd do is give Con spelling/grammar, But neither of their arguments are sound.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@timmyjames

Have you messaged the moderator?
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
@thoht- all you have to ask yourself is whether or not pro proved Islam was the right religion. That"s all the vote is based on because that"s what the resolution says
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
I can't bring myself to vote on a debate where two people are using terrible points to argue whose imaginary friend is the real one. I tried.
Posted by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
Bye
Posted by Zifsha.2 3 years ago
Zifsha.2
Gotta go n have dinner before mom comes and send me to space. . . Bye guys
Posted by Zifsha.2 3 years ago
Zifsha.2
Gotta go n have dinner bye
Posted by Zifsha.2 3 years ago
Zifsha.2
Give it a break, Omar. . . I forget those little marks and stuff human instinct. . .
Vote Placed by timmyjames 3 years ago
timmyjames
AnonymousZifsha.2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con as pro did seem to get frustrated with him a few times and took information from a source without crediting it. I?m not counting off spelling and grammar because pro does not naturally speak English. Arguments go to con as he refuted all pros claims. In the end, pro did not do much to prove Islam. Con definitely proved Christianity but even if he didn?t, he still wins for disproving Islam. Sources go to Jack as well.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
AnonymousZifsha.2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro seems to concede when she said, "U strongly proved your side of view. "
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
AnonymousZifsha.2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro copied from two sources I have found. (Sources I found are in the comment section). I didn't really like either arguments but Con did give arguments that were the least worst. Con did more rebutting and did not copy. Removing the copying Pro has little points. Would also include timmyjames vote. (Already voted two out of the three he mentioned so I will only add his sources vote. timmyjames stated: "Sources go to Jack as pro only used one source from Wikipedia While Jack gave more credible sources such as live science"