YahooAnswers
YomKippur

Is Masturbation Good?

YahooAnswers has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

YahooAnswers

Con

Hello. As we all know masturbation is a common sin affecting more than 5 billion people every day. Oftentimes they justify this by saying it provides them with yuge orgasms but this is against God's teachings.

Masturbation can trap someone in psychological trap, And God wanted us to be free and live happy Christian lives, Not sadly fap inside a cellar.

We must do everything according to God's teachings, And glorify God every day. When we masturbation, We have scorned ourselves. We must then redeem ourselves.
YomKippur

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate on this topic. I hope to have a respectful and informative debate. I will be taking the position of con and will be arguing that masturbation is good.

For this debate I will be referring to masturbation by the following definition:

"The self-stimulation of the genitals with the hands for sexual pleasure with the intention of orgasm. "

Masturbation, If done in moderation and not addictive, Is good for human health. Masturbation releases endorphins which in turn makes you feel happier. It is good for your mood and helps fight depression, Stress, Anxiety, Tension and helps you relax and sleep better. Masturbation also releases oxytocin which is a natural pain killer and is good for relieving pain and headaches.

Masturbation also helps improve your sexual life with your partner, Creating a healthier relationship with the one you love. You can learn what you find sexually enjoyable and, If you are a male, You can practice lasting longer. This will create better sex and in turn a joyful and close relationship.

There is also some evidence that masturbation helps prevent diseases. Men who masturbate are less likely to have prostate cancer as regular ejaculation helps keep a prostate healthy (1). Regular ejaculation will also keep semen healthy. Women who masturbate are less prone to period cramps and yeast infections.

Even in the religious sense, It has some benefit. It helps you appreciate the gift of sexuality that God has given you and is a healthy way for young people to anticipate a spiritual bond with their future spouse. It also helps prevent temptation for sexual immorality as the longer you go without sexual release, The greater the urge to engage in sexual activities. If you release your sexual tension then you will be less tempted to fornicate, Commit adultery or have excessive lustful thoughts. Since masturbation helps relieve depression, Stress, Anxiety and tension, It will help you better focus on your relationship with God.

The Bible does not speak out against masturbation. There is no passage that says the act of masturbation is immoral or a sin. If anything, Masturbation helps to prevent sexual sins by releasing sexual tension. My opponent may use the story of Onan as an example of why masturbation is wrong. But the sin of Onan was not that he masturbated, But that he disobeyed God by not impregnating his deceased brother's wife as according to teaching.

In conclusion, Masturbation is good for your health as long as it is not addictive and done in moderation. It releases positive chemicals in your brain that make you happier and helps relieve negative emotions and pain. Masturbation helps improve your sexual life which will greatly help your relationship with your partner. It also helps prevent diseases such as prostate cancer and yeast infections. Masturbation, Even from a religious view, Is useful and nowhere in the Bible does it speak against masturbation. I would like to thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate on this topic and I am most interested in seeing their response. :)

1. Leitzmann MF, Platz EA, Stampfer MJ, Willett WC, Giovannucci E. Ejaculation Frequency and Subsequent Risk of Prostate Cancer. JAMA. 2004;291(13):1578"1586. Doi:10. 1001/jama. 291. 13. 1578
YahooAnswers

Con

As an old person looking in good fait h, I comm end my "opponent" for putting for, Th an argument.

Al though my op ponent may analyze the scence of mastuirbation, I can assure that porn is against God.
As we see in Matthew 5:28, HE hath said

But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart

When one hath beat thy meat, Then one hath committed adult things against her. Thus, This contracdis the Bible's message.
Also, When one beat thy meat, It cause thy harming of thy genitals. It can alsso cause masturbatory procrastination, Which can prevent productivity.

I theeanlk thy opponent for puting for than argument. And I like to see his side.
YomKippur

Pro

I thank my opponent for their response.

Masturbation is a separate issue to pornography. The benefits I have previously mentioned are only as a result of masturbation and not pornography. It is a subject of debate as to whether or not pornography is harmful, But as of this debate I only speak of masturbation without the use of pornography.

Masturbation does not involve lust. Lust is the act of desiring sexual activity with another person. Masturbation does not involve this. Masturbation releases sexual tension thus reducing sexual desire. If lust is harmful and should be minimized then masturbation should be recommended.

Masturbation does not harm the genitals and does not stop productivity if it is done in moderation.