calamari
flakypie

Is Racism as simple as black and white? Are people of colour the only ones who experience racism?

calamari

Con

This something many people are conflicted on and I want to see what the wider public and other people from around the world think
flakypie

Pro

People of color are not the only ones who experience racism.

For example, If someone thought all Germans were Nazis, And beat them up because they were speaking in German or doing other normal german things, This would be a race hate crime. It's not just Muslims and Africans, Though they probably get the majority of racially motivated insults.
calamari

Con

calamari forfeited this round.
flakypie

Pro

That's what I thought. Any questions?
calamari

Con

calamari forfeited this round.
flakypie

Pro

flakypie forfeited this round.
calamari

Con

calamari forfeited this round.
flakypie

Pro

flakypie forfeited this round.
calamari

Con

calamari forfeited this round.
flakypie

Pro

flakypie forfeited this round.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
I like Sonofcharl answer.

And I think I'll assume you mean people of any skin color, (seems reasonable enough to assume that, I think)
Hmm. . Any physicality as well? Nah, If there was no difference whatsoever how could they be considered a different race?
Just a different people then? Hmm, I'm not sure that's really racism in that case, More like nationalism. (Then again. . )
Hrm, Where's that book? Rummage rummage. . Ah, There it is.
Was he more like his father or mother, From a personality standpoint?
"People who knew my parents and me often said that my mental abilities were from my father but my temperament and energy come from my mother. One explanation of their differences in personality might be that my father was a northerner and my mother a southerner. The north German is very quiet and constructive. The southern German is more lively and artistic. All great statemen were north German, Whereas all the great artists came from the south. "

I suppose that person could be saying that because of the cultures of the north and south the people end up that way (To his mind). But since it's Hermann Goering, I choose to assume he thinks it's because of blood.
Even if there's no obvious physical differences, People can believe there's a difference, And if they happen to hate them. . . Create absurd lies and slander, Hate and discriminate against them.

Ask me the difference body wise between a German who is Jewish and one who is not. . . I couldn't tell you.
Although I suppose if they all did that one cotton swab test there could be traceable genetic differences. . . Wouldn't really matter much though, Pretty sure everyone's been around here and there with most everyone else sometime in the past.

Mmm, Anyway, I like Sonofcharl answer, Doesn't just have to be skin, Or shape, Or any genetic difference. Maybe. Person might be able to make arguments about what constitutes race or something, Or something else.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
People of color are some of the most racist and tribal people in the modern world.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
Racism occurs when one group of people assumes that it is different to another group. This is as much to do with acquired cultural differences as it is to do with skin tone. The Indian Sub-Continent pre-partition, And modern day Cyprus are two obvious examples of regions where people of the same heredity and physiology assume that racial differences exist.