Repcon
sboss18

Is Stop and Frisk Effective

Repcon has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Repcon

Pro

Here is the debate structure:

R1 Acceptance & definitions
R2 Arguments
R3 Rebuttals
R4 Defense

I will be arguing that stop and frisk is an effective policy. My opponent will argue that stop and frisk is not effective.

Round One- Agree upon definitions if any, and accept debate rules
Round Two- Present arguments without rebuking what the opposing debater argued. So if I presented my argument first, you cannot rebuke the points that I made in your.
Round Three- NOW you can finally rebuke opposing arguments made by your opponents in Round Two.
Round Four- Defend your round 2 arguments WITHOUT introducing any new arguments.

Stop and Frisk: Stop and frisk is when police temporarily detain somebody and pat down their outer clothing when there are specific articulate facts leading a reasonable police officer to believe a person is armed and dangerous.

Source
https://definitions.uslegal.com......
sboss18

Con

I accept and will be arguing that the "Stop and Frisk" policy is both ineffective and racist as it disproportionately targets minorities.

I wish Pro good luck in the coming rounds. Happy debating!
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
Post a blank comment if you're going to forfeit this round please.