Speedrace
InfakeWars

Is Superman Faster Than The Flash?

Speedrace

Con

The argument is simple, Is Superman faster than The Flash? I will be arguing that he is not, And that the Flash is faster.

The burden of proof is on my opponent, The Pro, To prove that Superman is faster than The Flash.
However, I can still use proof when countering his arguments.

No hypothetical or speculative arguments. Any sources/comics must be cited.

Have fun!
InfakeWars

Pro

I found this debate after accepting the friend request. Thx for the support!

I will prove through comics that SuperMan is faster than The Flash.

I can prove this for one big reason: The multi-verse and complex labyrinth that is the multi-verse.

There are times that The Flash (Referenced for now as F. ) was faster than Superman (referenced as SM) but also times when SM was faster than F. So, We can conclude that yes, SM was faster than the Flash, But only in certain situations pertaining to their comic.

If you can prove that The Flash was always faster than SM, Then you have won, Otherwise, I can prove that there was always once an instance where SM was faster than the flash.

Your turn. Take your stance, And word wisely, I am one to use word-play to my advantage in debate. . .
Speedrace

Con

As I said, The burden of proof is on you, So I can't really say anything this round until you elaborate.

However, You did say the following:

"If you can prove that The Flash was always faster than SM, Then you have won, Otherwise, I can prove that there was always once an instance where SM was faster than the flash. "

This is not true. Even if Superman beat The Flash once or twice, The situations of how he won and how many times he won, In comparison to the situations in which The Flash won and how many times he won are what will determine who is faster.

For example, If I was to ask if I am better at chess than you, We must look at the evidence. Just because you beat me at chess once does not make you better than me. We have to look at the bigger picture.

That said, I need you to present and elaborate on your evidence because the burden of proof is on you.

Go ahead!
InfakeWars

Pro

InfakeWars forfeited this round.
Speedrace

Con

The burden of proof is on him.

He forfeited.
InfakeWars

Pro

InfakeWars forfeited this round.
Speedrace

Con

The burden of proof is on him.

He forfeited.

I, However, Will lay down my case anyway.

Comic Book Issues:

The Flash #49

In this issue, Barry Allen and Jay Garrick are in a hide speed chase, And in an attempt to catch them, Superman quickly runs out of breath and has to give up.

Superman #199
The Flash #175

Both of these were ties.

World's Finest #198-199
DC Comics Presents#1-2

Both of these were wins for the Flash.

However, This is best summarized with the following:

The Flash Rebirth #3

In it, Superman tries to stop the Flash from sacrificing his life, Claiming that he had won some of their races. However, The Flash drops the mic when he says "Those were for charity, Clark, " before zooming off and leaving Superman in the dust.

To conclude, The Flash is most definitely faster than Superman.
InfakeWars

Pro

InfakeWars forfeited this round.
Posted by Speedrace 3 years ago
Speedrace
Lol, Why does that matter
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
We aren't sure how he did that. The DCEU didn't really think that through.
Posted by Speedrace 3 years ago
Speedrace
The Flash literally RAN THROUGH TIME
Posted by yellocsp 3 years ago
yellocsp
superman in my opinion and some evidence, That SM is faster

first, Silver age superman legit "Broke the bounds of infinity. . "

that concludes my mini-debate
Posted by Speedrace 3 years ago
Speedrace
Me?
Posted by Pokmons222 3 years ago
Pokmons222
Which flash are you guy talking about Jay Garrick; Barry Allen; Wally West; Bart Allen?
Posted by K_Michael_Tolman 3 years ago
K_Michael_Tolman
The fact that Superman can move almost or equally fast to the Flash has always bugged me. It's kinda like if Hawkeye was an amazing shot, But then Iron Man also used a bow with similar accuracy. Hawkeye's become redundant.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
Yeah, I have to agree with con. The canon does everything to demonstrate this short of just coming right out and stating it. The only time I could see superman winning might be in bodily movement or while he's flying, Especially through the vacuum of space. So it comes down to the definition of "Fast"
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
@Speedrace

Check my response back to you in backwardseden debate.
debate. Org/debates/The-bible-is-false-because-jesus-is-false-thus-jesus-was-not-the-messiah/3/
Posted by Speedrace 3 years ago
Speedrace
Lol ikr, We'll see what happens though