RevelationEm
CoolDude124

Is Water Wet?

CoolDude124 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

RevelationEm

Pro

I believe that yes, water is wet. I have many opinions as to why, and wish my opponent the best of luck in this debate.
CoolDude124

Con

Water cannot be wet because being wet is the sensation of having water stick to you. Think about it this way, would you call a straw in a cool drink wet? Not until you took it out. So since every water molecule is surrounded by water molecules and therefore submerged in itself, water cannot wet as it is still in water.
RevelationEm

Pro

I agree with part of that. You said that 'Wet' was the sensation of having water stick to you but, that is exactly why I think water is wet.
Think about it this way, you can have many adjectives that mean 'Wet' you can have things like moist, damp, or soaking. Now, imagine that you have a paper towel and you put a couple drops of water on it. The paper towel is now damp. But, if you dunk it in the water, it will become so wet that it disappears. This is similar to sediment.

There is no such thing as having pure water. There will always be some form of sediment. Whether it's rock, or a paper towel, it is always there. This is what makes water wet.

But, if water did not have sediment, and it was completely pure, then it wouldn't be wet.
Posted by Unicorn135 3 years ago
Unicorn135
water is acctally not wet search it if you don't believe me or get a book on it it is just a word we made up to deccribe water when we touch water we come in contact in some sort of way it impacts on are state of being.