trombone123
RMTheSupreme

Is "What I Whant To Be When I Grow UP?" an important topic to think about?

RMTheSupreme has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

trombone123

Pro

Let's say that the job you would like to have has standards you must reach before you apply for the job. Well, if you decided that you wanted that job when you were about 11-15 years old, then you can educate yourself about the position beforehand.
RMTheSupreme

Con

You could die at any moment. Give up on your dreams.

What makes it important? Nothing exists until you prove anything exists.

What is it to think of the question 'what do I want to be when I grow up?'... Are there even thoughts? Is there only my consciousness and anyone else is only pretending to think?

Lots to prove, one Round left to do it.
trombone123

Pro

You're right we all could die at any moment of the day or night. But what's so wrong with dreaming about the future? Dreams could also come true you know. Everyone has their expectations but then there's reality. The real world, where people die because of guns and violence. No one should give up on their dreams even if they are going to die. However, everyone dies at some point right? The world may be unfair but it sure does give you chances to show everyone what you got. That's why you should start thinking about the future at a young age so that you can prove to everyone that you can become one of the best of the best even at a young age. No one should stop dreaming, even if there is a gun pointed at your head. You may think that your life is ending there and now, but dream about what death can offer you. No one knows if you get to have another chance to be alive again, but you should still dream. Dream about what you would be like in your next life. People don't know what the other person is thinking about, that's what makes humans' dangerous. You never know what the other person is thinking about. How about this, instead of thinking about the question 'What do you want to be when you grow up?' think about this question instead, 'How do want to live your life?'. It's your turn now.
Posted by stephenh 3 years ago
stephenh
I agree @2far4uCharlesDarwin
in terms of growing up, what most people have come to their mind is career. The perfect career is tied with dreaming and hope for the future, and I think this is something that requires a lot of thought. We will be dedicating at least 1/3 of our lives to a job. Think about that. There could perhaps be a separate argument on how important career choice is.
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
How about being a rule model for the people around you by becoming a well rounded individual that has learnt how to take an interest in an others life instead of being there own favorite topic to talk about.

Isn't that right blowhard RMTheSupreme with his own proflie

RMTheSupreme's Information
About Me: I am a genius and a madman and proud of being both. I've been through more than you can imagine and think on levels no other human could comprehend.
Activities:Poker, debating, PvP non-fps gaming and from time to time trolling.
Beliefs:Trust nothing, trust no-one. Love yourself and use everyone to please your ego. Buddhism is the complete inverse of how one should go about life, even inner calm is dangerous and constant inner panic is a far better baseline emotional foundation on which to base one's motivation to live and way to go about life.
Music:Rap and EDM subgenres.
Quotes:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
- Philip Pullman

"Loneliness, Stefan. That's why you and I memorialise our dead. There's the briefest of moments before we kill where we literally hold their life in our hands, and then we rip it away, and we're left with nothing. So gathering other people's letters or writing their names on a wall. It's a reminder that in the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone."
- Niklaus Mikaelson

"I am searching for the bones of your father but cannot distinguish them from those of a slave."
- Diogenes of Sinope (to Alexander the Great)

And we should take what he says as what? Grown Up ROFL