KJVPrewrather
Thesistic_Satanism

Is abortion murder (no mean pics).

KJVPrewrather has forfeited round #5.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPrewrather

Pro

I am newly prolife. I think abortion is murder save for the medical safety of the mother. I ask that neither me nor my opponent show dead people pics. Thank you.
Thesistic_Satanism

Con

Abortion isn't murder because the fetus hasn't developed enough to be considered a person yet, and is virtually only a bunch of cells, also it should be the mothers choice on whether they abort the baby or not.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

That is ageist to imply that you have to be a certain age or developmental milestone to be a person. I have developmental disabilities, aren't I a person with rights? What about the fact that the baby has his or her own genetic code, brain waves, and such? I am not Jesus, but I do know what a person is.
Thesistic_Satanism

Con

It's better to kill the baby during pregnancy than to give birth to it and put it in foster care. Especially because some of these foster parents are very abusive and will mistreat them.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

So you admit that abortion kills a baby? I am a woman, and I am very offended to think you are infering my alleged neeed for abortion to avoid parenting. I had my tubes removed for contraceptive reasons, because prevention is better than a cure. I was sexually assaulted by my natural father, but I am glad to be alive. Being tortured to death is no joke, ask Jesus. Anywhoo, despite our differences, I feel sad that you don't love yourself enough to assert your right to live before birth. Do you honestly feel your mother had the right to kill you before you were born? Do you know that unborn people are being cut to pieces in the name of choice? Did you know that unborn people are genetically seperate from the mother? Did you know that God had a plan for you before you were born that is being played out right now. I believe God was incarnate as an unborn baby Boy, so please understand that I can't support abortion.
Thesistic_Satanism

Con

Yes I do believe my mother had the right to abort me, especially because I suffered brain damage at birth due to oxygen deprivation, I believe she had more right to have me killed than anyone else infact, And a lot of the time I think it would of been better if she did infact kill me.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I am sorry to hear that. I was born with 4 mrntal illnesses, so I empathize, but I feel I have the moral right to live. My councelor says I'm probirth control, not prolife, but I do suooport humans from genetic conception to death. Life begins at conception because that is when you had your genetic code. It would be wrong to kill you. God created you for a reason.
Thesistic_Satanism

Con

I'm pretty sure when god created me he made a mistake, I mean I did die during birth and was resuscitated by the doctors at the hospital.
Posted by judaism 3 years ago
judaism
I'm torn on the issue, it is good to see both sides.
Posted by 704476 3 years ago
704476
in todays world woulnt it be doing that child a favor or let it be born and deal with depression and anxiety
if you truly believe it is human at that point then why not kill it and it will be pure because it didn't have a chance to sin it will happily go to "heaven" or let it be born , it can get older and the weight of the world gets heavier " why cant i be perfect" "nobody loves me " and they will suffer . eventually this child that you could've saved will commit suicide then he\she will go to hell and burn for eternity ....

see now you can prevent this from happening while it is still developing in the early stages of forming
i don't believe in god i don't believe there is a savoir but i do believe that you will pay for any sinful thing you've done and if you forgive yourself and know where you've gone wrong you will rest in peace until the end of time
Posted by Fiasco 3 years ago
Fiasco
I think it all boils down to this: Is an embryo or fetus alive? And who has been trusted with such a decision?

We all agree that killing innocent humans is murder. To say that their life mightn't be as good as they'd like is no excuse! If the fetus is alive, it is human. If it is human, then it's the same human that it would be until it grows old and dies. If we deemed if morally OK to kill a living human being without their consent at this stage of their life, why not justify the same for the rest of their life? Murder is murder, no matter what the murderer believes! I can't just kill you and tell the judge, "I thought I was doing him a favor." They'd throw me into an insane asylum!

So tell me, if you can: Who made these life-or-death decisions?