supergirl03
MiMsrtum

Is acapella music better than more mainstream music?

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 7/3/2018 Category: Music

supergirl03

Pro

Hello!
I think that acapella music is better than mainstream music. In case you don't know, acapella music is the act of making music and instrument like sounds with your voice. There are some really good acapella bands. To name a few: Pentatonix, Straight No Chaser, The Dalton Academy Warblers, etc.

There are some popular acapella movies that have been made such as the Pitch Perfect trilogy, and all of the music from those movies is very good. I once had a friend of mine listen to an acapella song and she asked me if there was a drum somewhere. She wouldn't believe me until I let her see the video to the song that we were listening. The famous TV show,"Glee", is focused on acapella music.
MiMsrtum

Con

Yo I would like to say acapella music is very nice BUT I would also like to say with personal experience if you play part of band in fith grade and you really listen in the band hall the music sounds GREAT but the point is the music you hear in the band hall sounds like acapella just the tuba sound BUM sounds like the low parts of the song my point is that music has a greatness but I guess it"s me but if it"s music I listen no matter who it is
supergirl03

Pro

I've had personal experience in musical activities as well. I have participated in both band and orchestra (orchestra is better). There are some acapella groups who make mainstream music sound better.

https://youtu.be... - "Havana" originally done by Camila Cabella

https://youtu.be... - "Some Nights/We Are Young" originally done by FUN.

https://youtu.be... - "Toxic" originally done by Britney Spears

https://youtu.be... - "Uptown Girl" originally done by Billy Joel

Acapella music has such a simple sound to it but from seeing the behind the scenes, it's actually far more challenging than most think. You have to make sure that everything sounds right when you're doing the composition. Mainstream music is quite simple, you just put a bunch of cool sounds together and hope it works. It's not super specific and in fact, I would call it the more "lazy" type of music. There are some musicians who don't even try at their job, they just ask their DJ to find something that sounds cool and say a bunch of random words and then auto-tune the crap out of it. Most famous musicians supposedly lip-sync during a live performance. I personally prefer acapella music because it would be nearly impossible to lip-sync during a live performance.
MiMsrtum

Con

True music is great and orchestra is better and acapella is very nice to listen to in fact I used to help my friend when he went to schools and sang music I say used to because of a problem with his voice and that brings me to my next thingy in mainstream music when you have a sore throat it"s not a problem because you don"t use your voice not including band but in acapella if you have a sore throat your basically benched
supergirl03

Pro

Getting past your run-on sentences, I think you're wrong. In mainstream music, it is a problem to have a sore throat because you do use your voice. There are some musicians (not many, but some) who don't use auto-tune. I don't think Demi Lovato uses auto-tune and I'm pretty sure Jennifer Lopez doesn't either. Unless you're some sort of DJ, you have to use your voice in music. It wouldn't make sense not to use your voice unless you specialize in the instrumentals. A sore throat is not the end of the world, in fact if you drink a lot of water you'll be just fine.
MiMsrtum

Con

First I would like to thank you for such a friendly debate and Jeniffer Lopez doesn"t use auto tune she lip sinks but everything els was I agree with and you win have a good day