2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Apophis66

Is atheism no more then a disease of the mind?

Apophis66

2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

Clinton Richard Dawkins beliefs is all I need to prove this as factual.
Apophis66

Con

Pro has no evidence for this claim.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...

The scientist and bestselling writer has become the face of a new crusading atheism. But even his closest allies worry that his online provocations do more harm than good.

https://www.theguardian.com...

What I need to make this fact is for Atheists to do as above. Yes wire them up and see the evidence. Action always speaks louder then words. That alone is all I have ATM. But the time will come as the tunnel vision of the scientific atheist mind will within time undermine there own inhumanity that in turn has created atheism the disease of the mind.
Apophis66

Con

In debates on this forum you are required to make arguments in your own words rather than just posting a bunch of links. You have no actual evidence that Dawkins has a diseased mind and only made the unproven claim that some people think he does more harm than good. You make a lot of ad hominem personal attacks on atheists without actually proving that atheism has anything to do with mental illness or disease. Even if you managed to prove that Dawkin's mind is diseased it doesn't follow that the mind of all atheists are diseased too.

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

Tell me then for the sake of it, if most atheists concept of people that generally believe in any kind of existence creator have no more then a disease of the mind.
Also if most atheists have a scientific outlook on about near everything and faith is for fools.

How does a scientific atheists have any concept of faith if they must see to believe.

An overall perception of what we are surrounded by, what we are and how existence ever come about cannot be explained within all of it's complexities. But atheists still believe that they can.

Atheists in general only have the laws of people that are obviously self serving. I have not met a generous humane atheist and I don't think I ever will.
Apophis66

Con

No, I do not believe that religious people have a disease of the mind and the vast majority of atheists I know don't believe that either. Religion is simply a belief I view to be incorrect but there is zero evidence it has anything to do with a physical mental disorder.

Many very smart people are religious and many are non-religious. People who have faith aren't necessarily foolish. While I find faith to be ineffective in determining truth and the scientific method to be a very effective tool I do not view those who have faith as fools and most atheists I have met agree.

Atheists actually believe in many things we can't see. We believe in wind, black holes, atoms, etc. What atheists don't believe in are things without evidence. Its fine to believe in something you don't see as long as you have some kind of evidence.

You are assuming we won't be able to explain the universe but science has a track record of advancing constantly and explaining things we didn't know before. We know an amazing amount about the universe but there is more to explain, but gaps in our knowledge doesn't mean we need to assume the supernatural explains it. Until evidence is presented then there is no reason to believe any speculation like the supernatural or God yet.

Some of the most advanced, humane, and civilized nations in the world are mostly non-religious/atheist like Western Europe and Eastern Asia. In fact the least religious places tend to be more wealthy, humane, and advanced. Most atheists I have met are kind generous people and maybe you are only meeting the loud obnoxious bad ones or making wrong assumptions. Many atheists are moral because they feel happier and more fulfilled being positive members of society and don't want the punishment and social isolation from violating the rights of others.

I live in Portland Washington and this is one of the least religious places in the country and full of atheists but it is famous for having the nicest most polite people in the country. I really hope you meet some nice normal atheists, most of whom don't think about religion at all.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

Atheists have a scientific view that is why religion has no place in there life. You can't bring some native tribe out of the depths of amazon jungle and believe they have no belief in some kind of existence creator.
Having this debate with you is like talking to a politician an you answer all I have said literally.

Free will; I don't know you. I only know of you. If I ever knew myself at all. Say what you mean and mean what you say is not mean it's meant.

Wisdom is to have the ability to have a structured conversation with the village idiot and accepting that tomorrow it's my turn to be the village idiot. Explaining complexities in the simplest manner is just like nuts and bolts. The hardest part is knowing how to put it all back together.

It's just fundamental principles that create the missing link and it's JUST fundamental principles that are the missing link.

Faith is going into a dark room looking for a black cat, knowing that it is there because of its meow. Religion without science is blind; Science without religion is inhumane.

Wisdom the unconditional love of philosophy STOP sign. I love myself, I think am grand, when I'm all alone I hold my hand. I think one day I'll marry me and try and raise a family.

If something come from nothing isn't anything possible. In the beginning there was only darkness, until he came out from behind our own eclipsed minds and showed us the way home.

The tongue is as a double edged sword it cuts both ways. Practicing; Empathy, Humility, Sympathy and Cooperation throughout life, creates an understanding of the surroundings that we are subjected to, doing this teaches us to talk to each other, so we can speak with each other and not at each other.

Philosophy, phycology and religion has got us out of the caves. So where does Atheism come into the progression of the humane race to become humane?
Apophis66

Con

I don't know how this supports your claim that atheism is a mental disorder.

You define faith as believing in things unseen. Atheists, scientists, logical folks also believe in things unseen as long as there is evidence. Science benefits from faith only as long as there is scientific evidence for these unseen things, but if there is no evidence, then that faith has no place in science.

I don't understand how this is relevant to this debate.

Civilization started long before philosophy and psychology. There is no evidence that religion got people out of caves and even if it did these religions were just superstitions in all sorts of Gods that today we know are false. In the modern age civilization does just fine now without religion as we see in secular East Asia and Europe.

Atheism benefits human progression because people can't use blind faith in ancient commandments to discriminate against women, gays, and non-believers. Without religion social ethics becomes rational and we have to look at the societal benefit of different policies. Even if atheism doesn't benefit society not all facts do, and are just facts.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin

Pro

So then is it that atheist are no more then educated idiots as to reason with these tunnel vision scientists that throw the baby out with the bath water.
Yes please explain what to throw the baby out with the bath water actuarially means, as you have had very little comprehension to what else I have put forward towards my claims and try not prove again how your own arrogance makes you more so ignorant.
Tunnel vision scientific view that has and will continue to prove that most atheists minds border upon sociopaths or being born psychopaths.
If you bothered to at least consider the link below you could understand that a atheist scientific view of what we are surrounded by is not only destructive towards the peace of all nations, it will also be the undoing of your the atheist scientific arrogance.

The first act of co-operation was, if I don't try to kill me you won't try to kill me right. This reasoning falls within philosophy and psychology view point.
Just because it wasn't described within the complexes of the modern literature doesn't mean it wasn't so. Reasoning is what atheists have problems with where there own comprehension of perception is crippled by there own arrogance that in turn makes them ignorant. Just like the first subspecies humans to climb down from the trees.

I have asked for it before in many posts upon many sites for atheists to be wired up just like the scientist below within the link and with all reasoning it is more then probable that they fall within the realms of sociopaths or born psychopaths.
Mental illness.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...
Apophis66

Con

You make a bunch of claims that you never try to support. You claim that atheists are idiots, have tunnel vision, ignorant, little comprehension, and arrogant. You provide no justification for saying so and I know many atheists in my home city who are very humble, kind, and intelligent. Simply yelling claims doesn't win debates unfortunately.

But only in the last round do we see anything resembling and argument for your main point. You argue that atheists are psychopaths and that is why atheism is a disease of the mind. Well, studies have been done about the likelihood of psychopathy for different beliefs and no correlation or trend was found. There is no evidence that links atheism to psychopathy. In addition some of the most wealthy and humane nations in the world has the least religion and most atheism and certainly doesn't fit your claim that atheists are evil psychopaths.
http://www.patheos.com...
http://journals.plos.org...
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 2 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Something for New Atheists online to think about. Prof. Brian Cox finds the label "Atheist" to be divisive and believes science can not disprove the existence of God. Excerpted [16.30-18.20] from God, The Universe and Meaning... | #43 Under The Skin with Russell
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
you call that a win within this kangaroo court. when only atheists vote on debates of this nature.

yep and tell me when I should take this site seriously?

Apophis66 why is it so hard for you to come to terms with the fact that atheists are no more than fence sitters that lean towards there own lack of factual evidence when the so-called atheist Stephen Hawkins passed away and his rebuttal to his critics insisting that intelligent design does not prove that God exists but only that a God-like force played a role in the creation of our universe approximately 13.8 billion years ago.

What have you got to say to that? Just go on say he just lost his marbles before he passed away.
Posted by ConcodroidMK2 2 years ago
ConcodroidMK2
@2far4uCharlesDarwin - you've not given any real proof. In my debate with Apophis66, I've given proof, not just shouted claims. Hate to rag on a fellow believer, but you need to respond with tact and intelligence, not blindly shouting insults and ideas like @backwardseden.
Posted by Apophis66 2 years ago
Apophis66
Congrats on your third debate loss.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
yes the minority suffers by the majority rules that are stuctured by a 1% of the worlds population and the 1% are phycopaths and sociopaths.

You people think that you are so smart you can't see how stupid you really are.
Posted by Apophis66 2 years ago
Apophis66
If you think I am a fence sitter for not believing in God, do you believe in flying unicorns? Do you believe they don't exist or do you just not believe in them?
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Come on Richard Dawkins where are you and all of your juvenile opinionated bias followers, that just won't come to terms with there own apathetic black or white scientific tunnel vision that continue to throw all goodness aside for there own competitive endeavours.

Man up.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
I am wasting my time with these fence sitters.
Where the hell is an someone that will stand up and say, Debate with me for I am a firm disbeliever in any god or gods.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
What is sin?
Is sin to be humane or is sin to be inhumane?

Atheist:
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

You and all that have replied to this thread are no more then fence sitters trying to find there way home with no more then juvenile opinionated bias, that just won't come to terms with there own apathetic black or white scientific tunnel vision that throws all goodness aside for there own competitive endeavours. pride is a sin, humility is not.

Both votes against this so called debate are in the same boat.
Neither will say it as it is, are you an undecided fence sitter or are you a firm believer in atheism.
Posted by Apophis66 2 years ago
Apophis66
So we will stop sinning because we have no need to? How is that?
Vote Placed by Wizofoz 2 years ago
Wizofoz
2far4u2CharlesDarwinApophis66Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made zero sense- just assertions. Com refuted very well.
Vote Placed by KostasT.1526 2 years ago
KostasT.1526
2far4u2CharlesDarwinApophis66Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RfD in the comments.