glossier
CDC

Is coming out at a very young age acceptable?

glossier

Pro

Is coming out at a young age acceptable? In my opinion, I think yes!
The age that we are talking about in this debate is a pre-teen ( 9-12 )
If somebody wants to join this argument, Please write " I accept "
Anybody can join the debate. Let's start! :)
CDC

Con

I accept. One question, Do you mean by coming out gay? The question is not clearly specified.
glossier

Pro

glossier forfeited this round.
CDC

Con

Since you forfeited the 2nd round and didn't answer my question, I'm going to assume you are arguing 'coming out gay at a very young age acceptable 'as your argument (unless you tell me otherwise). Now let me make my point.

The question states "Is coming out [gay] at a very young age acceptable? " With such a question, The answer would be entirely dependant on the living environment of the child. Do the child's parents or the people around them accept homosexuality?
If yes, Then the child should be fine with coming out as gay. Coming out to trusted friends should be fine.
However, There are many families who will condemn you base on your sexuality. In this instance, Coming out at a very young age is not acceptable in the parents eye. Also, There are many communities (one example is the many religions) where they will banish you from their church for being gay, And especially at a young age, It would not be beneficial for them because of the psychological effects it can arise. There are many people who will condemn the child for their sexuality. Hence as to why it's not fully accepted.

Now there is another problem. Base on the age range (9-12 years old) you set for this argument, You are assuming that young children are able to 100% know what their sexual identity is. How do you know that? Numerous amount of people will be very confused on what they are attracted too. One of my friends is one year older than me and she is still somewhat confused on her sexual preference. I would bump up the age range from 9-12 years old because they are still trying to figure out who they are as individuals, And something like sexuality, They need more time to figure it out.
glossier

Pro

glossier forfeited this round.
CDC

Con

My point still stands clear.
glossier

Pro

glossier forfeited this round.
CDC

Con

Guess just vote for me then.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Leaning would not care particularly care either way (He thinks). Leaning also doesn't plan on having kids, So hopefully avoid that child rearing experience to happen to him in future.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
Sexual attraction to the opposite sex can happen quite early in life. It's hardly adults forcing it on their children if that happens to be the case.
Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
this culture has gone to hell, Imposing this perversion on a child is the worst form of abuse, When they are an adult they can decide to be a pervert if thats what they choose leave kids alone
Posted by CDC 3 years ago
CDC
I'm assuming coming out gay? Is that right?
Posted by Erenyeager32 3 years ago
Erenyeager32
Can you specify a little perhaps, About what do you mean by "coming out"?

Masturbating?