KJVPrewrather
Duby23

Is consensual sterilization a human right?

Duby23 has forfeited round #2.

KJVPrewrather

Pro

I say yes, con says no. Make the first move.
Duby23

Con

Consensual Sterilization is not a human right.

This is one of the most difficult debate topics I've ever seen because it's main arguments have to do with eugenics. I am here to argue that it should not be a human right because, in general, it is not important nor imperative that every single human needs to reproduce. I will be very specific: when I say not "every single human needs to reproduce" I am not advocating that a certain kind of human should be able to, but, in general, it is not important that they do. Human population is skyrocketing beyond control currently and ensuring that all humans are able to reproduce seems counterproductive to fixing the problem.

Also I ask a question to my opponent, who is providing the sterilization and under what circumstances are they occurring. Is it the government, parents, religious leaders, or something else?

I will say that consensual sterilization is preferable to any other method, but it is not a human right simply because it is not imperative.

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Yes it is. It is a one time proceedure that saves thousands of dollars worth of birth control over a lifetime. This is my body, and my right to choose. I was in the right when I had my tubes removed, because I don't want to be pregnant. It is not safe for me to be pregnant anyway.