James-Mop
HaydenCR

Is debate broken?

James-Mop has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

James-Mop

Con

https://1drv. Ms/w/s! AjFh8x_Xihqiakuy_xS83OTioZY

All credits to Okoboji Jack Ave
HaydenCR

Pro

Hello nice to meet you. Is debate broken? Well yes. . . Yes it is.

1. We live in world where posting a url link and nothing else is considered a basic arguement. No structure, No expanditure, No relation or explanation.

2. I've been on this site for awhile now and people do the same thing, Factually everyone I've debated: ad hominems and strawmanning an arguement. Insults and moving into a different topic unrelated to the main topic.

3. No seriously I was debating a dude over religion and he just kept posting youtube videos and url links and telling me my points are invalid, Becuase I won't watch a video.

4. The fact that so many people use links and then say, " okay I posted the link now debate it" is illogical as im debating the person who made that youtube video and not my instigator so now this person can sit back and use no data of their.

5. Even when someone has a valid point or arguement it seems as though people will try so hard not to defend their point or even win, But just make the other person not win even if it means going off topic or not having any points.

6. Debate is about persuasion, People who have an ideaology even if proven wrong will still not change their mind even if facts are right in their face they still won't change their mind so it makes you think does debate work?

Just to clear the air im all for 1st ammendment and against safe spaces, Debate and argument are the backbone of our nation at least politically. I just think people don't practice the structure of debate correctly, Thank you.