realdanieldancuta
SansSkeleton

Is global warming real? CO2?

realdanieldancuta

Con

Global Warming is a hoax. Most of the statistics and charts you find on the internet are simply people who want funding, Want to push a leftist agenda, Or who haven't looked at the facts. To understand this issue, We must first define global warming. It is a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth's atmosphere. Now, To say that the Earth is getting hotter may be true, But we cannot forget the context. We have been in this inter-glacial period for the last 10 thousand years, So has the Earth gotten hotter in the last 500 years? Maybe. (I'm not going to check statistics because it doesn't matter. ) The main thing about global warming is, If the temperature increased from 4, 000 years ago, To 2, 000 years ago, Then it went back down for 2, 000 years is that warming or is it climate change? The climate is always changing, And chemicals in the atmosphere and in the world are always changing. Some say CO2 is the reason for global warming because they see that CO2 levels have been going up, And the weather is getting higher at this specific moment in our inter-glacial period. They then assume that CO2 is the cause of this temporary warming. (Not global warming because it is not gradual, And it is not consistently going up) Them assuming this position is like me saying that ice cream consumption causes shark attacks. I know, It sounds pretty crazy! The reason I use this example is because when ice cream consumption goes up, Shark attacks go up. It is a terrible assumption to say then that there is a cause and effect relationship taking place. Just because 2 different things seem to have a correlation on a graph or in statistics is not a premise for a cause and effect relationship. While CO2 goes up, In the last inter-glacial period, Sometimes the weather has gotten colder, Sometimes it has gotten warmer, Sometimes it has stayed the same. This is because of CO2 and how hot it has no cause and effect relationship, Simply occasional correlations in statistics. If CO2 is the cause of global warming, Then ice cream consumption is the reason for shark attacks. Clearly, You understand my point that we cannot simply assume these facts to be self-evident when they, In fact, Are mere coincidences. I will finally like to point out that NASA is biased. Whether they say what I believe or not about anything they are biased. If NASA says that global warming is real, Then it receives funding to make studies, Investigate, Etc. If NASA proved that global warming does not exist, Then would it receive funding for investigation global warming? I don't believe so. In the times of American slavery, Judges were given 5$ to set the slaves free if they escaped to a free territory, But 10$ to send them back. My point is that once you get accustomed to a casual flow of income from a certain thing, You will not willingly give that up!
SansSkeleton

Pro

Hello there "realdanieldancuta". I am debating FOR the side that climate change is real and here. I also wish for you to consider my argument and read through it THOROUGHLY. (I also note your many spelling and grammatical mistakes). My first argument to support my statement is what you have mentioned, CO2 levels rising. What you have said, And I quote,

"Some say CO2 is the reason for global warming because they see that CO2 levels have been going up, And the weather is getting higher at this specific moment in our inter-glacial period. They then assume that CO2 is the cause of this temporary warming. (Not global warming because it is not gradual, And it is not consistently going up) Them assuming this position is like me saying that ice cream consumption causes shark attacks. I know, It sounds pretty crazy! The reason I use this example is because when ice cream consumption goes up, Shark attacks go up. It is a terrible assumption to say then that there is a cause and effect relationship taking place. Just because 2 different things seem to have a correlation on a graph or in statistics is not a premise for a cause and effect relationship. While CO2 goes up, In the last inter-glacial period, Sometimes the weather has gotten colder, Sometimes it has gotten warmer, Sometimes it has stayed the same. This is because of CO2 and how hot it has no cause and effect relationship, Simply occasional correlations in statistics. If CO2 is the cause of global warming, Then ice cream consumption is the reason for shark attacks. "

Of course, You do not exactly understand the science of CO2 and climate change. When a large amount of CO2 clogs up the atmosphere, It creates alike "blanket" and when the sun rays from outer space beam, It passes through easily, But as it bounces off different objects, It cannot exit Earth's atmosphere and remains trapped with the Earth and the atmosphere. As more and more join the Earth, It starts heating everything up. Some of them hit icebergs, And make the sea-levels rise. This uncounted addition of variables to a closed system, Flood all coastal areas, Which lead to damaged property. And as the Earth heats up, It provides more "fuel" for natural disasters and hurricanes. More hurricanes mean BILLIONS of dollars in damage and countless lives at stake. (I also criticize your illogical analogy of "sharks and ice-cream")

I await your response to begin my second argument.
realdanieldancuta

Con

Hello, I will overlook the facts where you assume I don't know the science, And you assert that I have many spelling and gramatical mistakes. I want to point out that it was in your free will and it was your choice to come into this argument. If we are truly trying to show 2 sides of the argument, Then I believe it is innapropriet and a waste of time to say these things. However, I understand it might make you feel better or start off on a high note. First of all, You went on in your argument about what happens when CO2 clogs up the atmosphere, Kind of setting your argument apart from mine and completely ignoring all the points I made and not addressing them. The one time you did adress one of my points was in parenthesis at the end of your argument. You don't even explain why, Probably because you need more time to think, Which is fine but you I would respect it if you could simply debate my points and why they are right or wrong, Or assert your position so we can find some common ground, And go from there instead up going on about what happens when CO2 clogs up. I certainly do appreciate you telling me this, But you didn't exactly make a point or an argument to why my points were wrong. If you want to debate at least debate the right way. . . I would also appreciate it if you could explain why you are right, Or I am wrong, Instead of not giving a reason and thinking I accept that. That would be outrageous! :)
SansSkeleton

Pro

SansSkeleton forfeited this round.
realdanieldancuta

Con

realdanieldancuta forfeited this round.
SansSkeleton

Pro

SansSkeleton forfeited this round.
Posted by unicorngod 3 years ago
unicorngod
dude 97% of scientists believe in climate change. I'm guessing it's because they have evidence. Also people usually misinterpret climate change, Which is why we call it that and not global warming
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Lame argument. . . You know nothing of science. The very bases of science is intellectual honesty and integrity, The two things your argument is lacking.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
Ultimately everything, Including every human action is part of a natural process.
So in that context "global warming" even if caused by human action is part of naturally occurring process.