NKJVPrewrather
JackMerricks

Is healthcare a right?

JackMerricks has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I say yes, con says no. Make this first move.
JackMerricks

Con

Health care is a service, like for example a moving service is not a right you can't walk to you're local U-Hall and demand they give you a moving truck. The same is true for health care, just because you may need antibiotics doesn't mean you have the right to demand that a doctor prescribe you antibiotics. I think the best argument against this is from Ben Shapiro "No matter how much I need bread I do not have a right to steal your wallet or hold up the local baker to obtain it". No matter how much you need antibiotics it does not mean you can force a doctor to prescribe you antibiotics.
NKJVPrewrather

Pro

I see healthcare as a right to life issue. Human have the right to live and they need healthcare to live. My life would be in danger if I was denied healthcare. Also, this is my body, I have the right to choose whether I am sick, injured, or to prevent a conception.
Posted by TheMorningsStar 3 years ago
TheMorningsStar
While this is a debate topic I am somewhat interested in (would have to do a little more research) I am going to pass on this purely because I am interested in debating someone new for my second debate. Just keep me in mind in the future if you still want to debate this then.