metalfan101
MouthOfTheWolf

Is islam a peaceful religion?

MouthOfTheWolf has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

metalfan101

Con

I believe that Islam is not a peaceful religion. I don't see Christians in large scales getting offended over someone mocking christianity, or showing some support for terrorism. I see all over the news of terrorism coming from Muslims from middle eastern countries bombing in the name of Islam, and while not all Muslims are terrorists there are certainly a large scale of Muslims who believe that Sharia Law should be the law of the land, and those numbers only increase in Middle Eastern countries.
MouthOfTheWolf

Pro

Islam itself is a peaceful religion, which is what the title of this debate is asking. However, I will not deny that some terrorists are Muslim... Or at least do their acts in the name of Islam. Flashing back to 9/11, the instigators of that terrible act claimed to do it in the name of Islam, but there were many Muslims who were also killed that day, so you have to wonder if they actually cared about Islam or they just found it a convenient way to "justify" their actions and actually wanted to attack that religion. I highly doubt that there is anything in their holy book that commands Muslims to kill people, rather terrorist acts in the name of Islam are probably due to brainwashing or they were forced to do it. Instead of dissing Muslims and painting swastikas everywhere, maybe people should actually do something about the problem, which is not the religion but instead individuals in the religion more violent than the rest.
metalfan101

Con

And the last verse Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] - other than the disabled - and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -." in fact, one of the leading members of Isis has a hold an undergraduate degree, masters and PhD from the Islamic University in Baghdad, so I would say this man is pretty educated so I'm pretty sure this man understands Islam and his religion very well if he has a PhD. Terrorists choose to commit terrorist acts, in fact if they commit a terrorist act the Quran says he will get 72 virgins, and on top of that terrorists receive money and make a good living doing what they do. If these terrorists are forced who is forcing them? There are plenty of cases where Muslims who are radicalized who choose to go to places like Syria to fight in Isis. Nobody is forcing them to do it they choose to do those thing. in fact, one of the leading members of Isis has a hold an undergraduate degree, masters and PhD from the Islamic University in Baghdad, so I would say this man is pretty educated so I'm pretty sure this man understands Islam and his religion very well if he has a PhD. And to argue that the religion isn't the problem I would argue is the religion. There are many violent passages in the Quran but we don't see Christians in large scales during violence in the name of Christianity or Christians talking all the violent passages in their holy book seriously but muslims do, and if we see a large scale of violence coming from one religion than other we have to look at the Quran because that is the holy book that Muslims follow.
To your last point about a solution to the problem, ex muslim ayaan hirsi ali has offered a solution which is very similar to one which is for Islam to have a reform much like Christianity had their reform. But the problem is many muslims are content with their holy books, and think that the Quran is so perfect it doesn't need amending how do you expect a reform in Muslims, and muslims scholars think their religion doesn't need a reform. The other solution to the problem is for other Muslim scholars and teachers and parents to tell their kids not to be attracted to groups like Isis but instead many Muslims simply just shout that their religion is peaceful. Even the Green Prince aka. the ex son of Hamas which is an islamic terrorist group even said "To tell them no, Islam is a religion of peace. We just create the perfect climate for terrorists to keep on growing." When the president of the free world stands and says "Islam is a religion of peace" he creates the climate...to create more terrorism,"
Posted by metalfan101 1 year ago
metalfan101
that;s all you have don't feel bad for me, I feel more bad for you
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Poor Thing
Posted by metalfan101 1 year ago
metalfan101
more insults but no argument I thought Christians were suppose to be intelligence but you don't even use the brain your so called god gave you, but you have for me is threats of hell, and apologize to god
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
So sad, the EEG is flatlined, can't formulate thoughts at all can you, poor Thing. Locked into your own mind. You left dumb long time ago. Not a reasoning brain cell, left. That's a pity. For all your words, you've nothing to say that provides even a modicum of hope, faith, love, caring. Your destitute of any real feeling, devoid of hope, faith.
Your sentence IS to live with yourself, forever doomed to be tied to a religion board, incapable of leaving it, despite all your protestations you ARE CURSED to BE HERE. You say it's because YOU WANT TOO, everyone knows your guilty of the greatest of lies, like an addict you MUST LIE to yourself.
So go .... carry out your sentence, in the same level of obliviousness with which you live your life. Mores the pity.
Posted by metalfan101 1 year ago
metalfan101
Is that the best you got is meaningless scare tactics and threats I'm not that dumb, if you think that is suppose to convince me and telling me I'm denying anything when I'm not isn't going to work either. It's a punishment of being forced, I choose to be here aren't you here and you're not a Muslim, so is your god forcing you to be here too. So giving me meaningless bible verses like a parrot means nothing to me
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
Wow, you really are an atheist! Excuse after excuse, anything to deny you simply CANNOT LEAVE the religious section. After all, despite your excuses, that IS the main point. The PROOF you so desperately are trying to avoid having to say, isn't it? You can't LEAVE! You HAVE to remain here.

Everyone else can easily see your making excuses that make no sense, no matter how many spins you put upon it. God will always bring you BACK here, or to another community that HAS a religion section. You and all atheist want proof of God, you have it and STILL refuse to accept that proof.

You see, believers KNOW "WHY" your here. Proof of God IS the punishment of being FORCED to REMAIN on religion boards of some kind, somewhere. To hear the word of God, you deny. To be accursed, to hear of Hell, and of its torment, that is only a breath away. So sad such a pity.
Your eternities is only a heartbeat away!
- A car crash
- A stray bullet
- An unexpected stroke
- You have an appointment and you are going to die on time!
- No accidents in Gods kingdom
- Where will you find yourself?
- How sure are you?
- What is the basis of your conviction?

Ezekiel 3
18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

You have been so warned. Seek Him while you are still able..... sup to you
Posted by metalfan101 1 year ago
metalfan101
Did you just say christians don't go to topics they're not interested in then you haven't really talked to very many Christians or been observing correctly, and you say all atheists do that hahahaha give me a break. And since I'm an atheist I can't say anything about Islam or I have no knowledge, Islam is not some secret religion that only Muslims understand. An atheist can speak about Islam, weren't you as a Christian just speaking about Islam saying it's a cult but I thought you said non Muslims shouldn't be speaking about Islam. So I guess going by your premise ex Muslims that are atheists shouldn't speak about Islam, ex christians that are atheists now can't speak abut a bible.
I know what a moron is you don't have to tell me, if anyone is a moron it's you. And of course an atheist can talk about Islam, it's not just for Muslims to talk about. So there's nothing moronic about a non Muslim talking about Islam, anyone who has a basic idea of Islam can talk about. If non Muslims can't talk about Islam then Christians can't talk about Islam either. Or to those really religious christians shouldn't talk about satanism either since they're not a satanist.
FollowerofChrist1955
Of course I mean lacking in good judgement!
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
And get you .... debating Islam? Your an atheist for Pete's sake why would YOU have anything to say about Islam, your not Muslim? Your know nothing OF Islam except what you READ! your not Hindu, Indian, literally you've NO knowledge whatsoever. This is WHY people should set parameters to their debates so morons don't accept the debates shutting out qualified debaters.

moron
noun
1.
Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:
i.e... atheist hanging around religion boards or a non Muslim debating Islam.
2.
Psychology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
Christians DON'T go to things they have no interest in. No one does, only atheist and politicians. You've been lying to yourself this long, what else is knew.
You can't make excuses to justify what everyone knows is categorically indefensible. People simply DO NOT inhabit areas they have ZERO interest in. That's just a Fact.
That ALL Atheist inhabit a Religion Section very much indicates an inability to LEAVE IT, and that can only be God directed. But .... whatever makes you warm fuzzy. Enjoy your stay?