metalfan101
MouthOfTheWolf

Is islam a peaceful religion?

MouthOfTheWolf has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

metalfan101

Con

I believe that Islam is not a peaceful religion. I don't see Christians in large scales getting offended over someone mocking christianity, or showing some support for terrorism. I see all over the news of terrorism coming from Muslims from middle eastern countries bombing in the name of Islam, and while not all Muslims are terrorists there are certainly a large scale of Muslims who believe that Sharia Law should be the law of the land, and those numbers only increase in Middle Eastern countries.
MouthOfTheWolf

Pro

Islam itself is a peaceful religion, which is what the title of this debate is asking. However, I will not deny that some terrorists are Muslim... Or at least do their acts in the name of Islam. Flashing back to 9/11, the instigators of that terrible act claimed to do it in the name of Islam, but there were many Muslims who were also killed that day, so you have to wonder if they actually cared about Islam or they just found it a convenient way to "justify" their actions and actually wanted to attack that religion. I highly doubt that there is anything in their holy book that commands Muslims to kill people, rather terrorist acts in the name of Islam are probably due to brainwashing or they were forced to do it. Instead of dissing Muslims and painting swastikas everywhere, maybe people should actually do something about the problem, which is not the religion but instead individuals in the religion more violent than the rest.
metalfan101

Con

And the last verse Not equal are those believers remaining [at home] - other than the disabled - and the mujahideen, [who strive and fight] in the cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred the mujahideen through their wealth and their lives over those who remain [behind], by degrees. And to both Allah has promised the best [reward]. But Allah has preferred the mujahideen over those who remain [behind] with a great reward -." in fact, one of the leading members of Isis has a hold an undergraduate degree, masters and PhD from the Islamic University in Baghdad, so I would say this man is pretty educated so I'm pretty sure this man understands Islam and his religion very well if he has a PhD. Terrorists choose to commit terrorist acts, in fact if they commit a terrorist act the Quran says he will get 72 virgins, and on top of that terrorists receive money and make a good living doing what they do. If these terrorists are forced who is forcing them? There are plenty of cases where Muslims who are radicalized who choose to go to places like Syria to fight in Isis. Nobody is forcing them to do it they choose to do those thing. in fact, one of the leading members of Isis has a hold an undergraduate degree, masters and PhD from the Islamic University in Baghdad, so I would say this man is pretty educated so I'm pretty sure this man understands Islam and his religion very well if he has a PhD. And to argue that the religion isn't the problem I would argue is the religion. There are many violent passages in the Quran but we don't see Christians in large scales during violence in the name of Christianity or Christians talking all the violent passages in their holy book seriously but muslims do, and if we see a large scale of violence coming from one religion than other we have to look at the Quran because that is the holy book that Muslims follow.
To your last point about a solution to the problem, ex muslim ayaan hirsi ali has offered a solution which is very similar to one which is for Islam to have a reform much like Christianity had their reform. But the problem is many muslims are content with their holy books, and think that the Quran is so perfect it doesn't need amending how do you expect a reform in Muslims, and muslims scholars think their religion doesn't need a reform. The other solution to the problem is for other Muslim scholars and teachers and parents to tell their kids not to be attracted to groups like Isis but instead many Muslims simply just shout that their religion is peaceful. Even the Green Prince aka. the ex son of Hamas which is an islamic terrorist group even said "To tell them no, Islam is a religion of peace. We just create the perfect climate for terrorists to keep on growing." When the president of the free world stands and says "Islam is a religion of peace" he creates the climate...to create more terrorism,"
Posted by metalfan101 3 years ago
metalfan101
Why do christians go to atheist sections same thing right, because Christians sure don't barge into atheist sections and the fact that you're triggered by an atheist in a religion sections says a lot. And the fact I'n here in a religion section is not proof god exists are you retarded?
If you're asking for me to send God an apology you're going to be waiting around a while because that God of yours is not getting an apology from me, your God should be the one issuing apologies. And saying those are the facts doesn't make it so.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 3 years ago
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
I mean really there is NO denying that only an idiot stays in an area they totally disagree with, perhaps a wee bit of a masochist?

I mean IF you've no interest IN God, there would be No reason for you to "be" here .... unless of course, you've NO CHOICE which is exactly what I'm pointing out to you as proof God exists. That you cannot leave the Religion Section of any debate board. Because you have denied Him, your punishment is to be forever in battle against Him, upon some board, somewhere, being shown scripture after scripture and NEVER being allowed to understand them ..... UNLESS AND UNTIL, you apologize TOO Him (God).

Thems just the facts precious. Deny it .... okay, sure ..... BUT do it you must ..... eh?
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
Problems with the English language I see! I SAID you HAVE NO CHOICE, you must be here. And even IF you left, you could NOT STAY away, oh you could change your name or some such thing, But you would KNOW that your cursed to remain on the Religion Section of some debate board. Because like the caged animal you are, you have offended God, and escape me, you can, but escape Him, you cannot.

So tell me, is inability to follow conversation a common failing for you? Or is it JUST cause your atheist and can't think for yourself?
Posted by metalfan101 3 years ago
metalfan101
So an atheist can't be in a religion section, who made up that rule you? People can be in any section that they want, and you're atheists are not capable of self thought because you say so? How is it affecting you that an atheist is on a religion tag? And me staying on a religion board proves that there's a god hahahahaha thats really dumb logic. I'm denying god because there's lack of proof for the existence of god, maybe if christians would stop preaching to us atheist
Posted by metalfan101 3 years ago
metalfan101
FollowerofChrist1955
metalfan101;
Despite what you say, it's your actions that define you. Gripe as you will, it is MY God, who keeps you locked to a Religion Section of a debate board isn't it! Do not deny it, because you cannot. Let us reason, together you and I, a thing most impossible for an Atheist as they HAVE no ability to formulate self thought, they are doomed to parrot the works of others, forever DUPED.

Consider with me What Is more RIDICULOUS and PATHETIC than an Atheist, to "be"FORCED to stay on a religion board. That ALONE PROVES there IS a God. God did say in Romans 1 that His wrath is kindled against you for you ungodliness and wickedness, since what may be known of Him is plain to you, because God has MADE it known by his creation, so that you are without excuse.
So sad ...

Forcing you to remain on a Religion board, would do nicely as a punishment to an Atheist .... and yes, I've checked ... YOUR ALL HERE. Making excuse after excuse for "WHY" your here, but EVERYONE on the board knows that it makes absolutely NO SENSE for you people to BE here!

I mean, you hate everything to do with God, you DENY He exists, and YET, here you all sit, constantly denying Him on a section that talks non<x>stop ABOUT Him. I don't care WHO YOU ARE, that's gotta be supernatural. No way, I would be sitting on a mechanics board, listening to mechanics talking .... why? BIG surprise I Ain't interested! Nobody stays where they've no interest either? Except ... atheist!

You see why those of us who KNOW God, might begin to believe your here AS punishment for your rejection?

Good news is that it makes your presence more tolerable, and funny at times. I get to see you people blowing gaskets over the things we say about God. Awww, funny.

So tell me ? What's exactly YOUR Excuse for being on a Religion Board Atheist? Oh and try to be original, won't you?
Posted by metalfan101 3 years ago
metalfan101
Ok, but it's also backed up by the numbers according to the pew research survey in Palestine 89% of Muslims support Hamas, in Jordan it's 60% Lebanon and Nigeria it's 49% thats a lot of people, I'm sure not all Muslims support Hamas but many of them do support Hamas which is a terrorist group. Hamas is no different than Isis but Muslims are quick to denounce Isis but they can't do the same for Isis.
Your point that the constitution was a document, but if a document can be amended so can a holybook why should it be looked at any differently? I would argue it's not just some muslims that are homophobic I would argue many Muslims are homophobic more than Christians are. Just for having an israeli flag as a profile picture and I'm not even israeli many muslims are very hostile towards me manly because of anti semetic attitudes in their society, and in their society that kind if behavior is normal or acceptable.
Lastly, I never said I hated all Muslims dislike islam as a religion and criticizing it doesn't mean I hate all Muslims. I dislike Christianity that doesn't mean I hate all Christians. You're assuming I hate all Muslims when I never stated all Muslims are violence, all Muslims are this way I said many, so show me anywhere in my statement where I said I disliked all Muslims. You don't have to tell me that there's nice Muslims I'm aware there's nice Muslims I've spoken to Muslims that are nice. And I treat everyone equally that includes Muslims also I talk to them on apps like Parlor since there are many arabs who use that app and I try to be nice to them as any other group. In my experience I've spoken to a few nice Muslims from the middle east but I've also spoke to many hostile and rude Muslims who are rude to me simply because of where they think I come from. The point I'm making here is everything needs amending and changes if Christians can progress and become more open minded why can't Muslims do the same?
Posted by KalleAnka123 3 years ago
KalleAnka123
Well a lot of Americans I speak to and see on TV are for guns, against abortions and love every war America has ever started. I don't let that define my entire view of the American people.

The link you posted doesn't have anything to do with this debate. It says the bible has changed during the past 1300 years because of mistranslations and that Christianity was more accepting of evolution 160 years ago then today.

The koran is just as dated as the bible, the torah, the vedas, the sutras and any other religious text of your choice. That people choose to ignore the parts of their chosen holy book that no longer fit into todays society is a personal choice. Many muslims drink alcohol and eat pig, many christian have sex outside of marriage, many jews eat non-kosher, hindus no longer burn widows on their dead husbands funeral pyres and many buddhists no longer believe that their ancestors were the model human beings. Ignoring parts of your religion that clearly make no sense today is a personal choice, they don't need reformations.

Wherever you got this idea of a christian reformation I assure you it's wrong. There has not been any reformation in Christianity since Martin Luther nailed his list on that church door 600 years ago.

As for a constitution, it's a legal document, not a holy text.

And if we are gonna use arguments such as "as for the muslims I speak to", I live next to a mosque/muslim community center that serves great kebabs on Wednesdays. Some of the people I meet there are first generation immigrants and they are more open minded than many people at my university.

But what does any of this matter, you spoke to some homophobic pro Hamas muslims. That must mean the 1,7 billion muslims on this planet, one quarter of the world population, are violent terrorist suicide bombers who are after our women and children. Honestly I can't be bothered anymore. You seem set in your ways so I give up. Have fun not liking muslims.
Posted by metalfan101 3 years ago
metalfan101
I understand Hamas and other terrorist groups are corrupt and you're saying the average Muslims think Hamas is evil, but is it that the many Muslims I speak to seem to support Hamas and call them freedom fighters, they are quick to denounce Isis but not Hamas. I would like to think the majority of Muslims denounce Hamas but that has not been the case when speaking to Muslims.
To address your second point, Islam does need a reform, the constitution had a reform, Christianity had a reform Islam is no acceptation to the rule, and there was an ex Hamas member who ever said Islam needs a reform, even ex Muslim ayan hirsi ali who would argue Islam also needs a reform. And the fact that Muslims think their religion is perfect and needs no amending and reforming and it's that kind of attitude and that's going to make it hard for Muslim scholars and teachers to grow and have their religion advance along with the rest of modern society instead of being stuck in their old ways and traditions. And Christianity did have a reform, and they evolved but I don't see Islam involving in any way (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...). At one point there were many Christians opposed to homosexuality now I'm seeing more and more Christians being open minded and accepting gays, while Muslims still are not being accepting of homosexuality.
And the Muslims I spoke to who were raised in homophobic or anti semetic households it took leaving Islam or just questioning what they are being taught to think differently and be more open minded. I also admit that in middle eastern countries society and countries play a role in how Muslims think also.
Posted by KalleAnka123 3 years ago
KalleAnka123
Also, there is nothing wrong with Islam. There is no need to reform it. And I have no idea where you got this idea of Christianity being reformed. There is no such thing going on, there is no council of elders in the Vatican deciding what Christianity of tomorrow will look like.

People in the west are getting more and more educated and realising that it's stupid to follow a 2000 year old book. So instead they decide to ignore the dumb and dated stuff and following their own version of Christianity. No reformation anywhere to be seen.