Justifedmeans
RMTheSupreme

Is it right to wage war for peace?

Justifedmeans has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Justifedmeans

Con

The end result of this will be peace but the kind that is "artificial". One of the first questions I must ask to justify it is wrong is "do the end justify the means?". when I say artificial peace i mean the kind that is at first look quiet but in closer inspection the loser's remaining leaders are plotting another war against the victors. My final argument is the fact that I think one cannot trust someone who is ready to go to this stage.

Thanks if ever you debate for i want to truly see its pro's.
RMTheSupreme

Pro

Why does anyone ever fight back in a war? Why not all submit to the first one who attacks?
It's all about evening the playing field.

Peace is, and always has been, a matter of both sides being threatening enough that neither feels they'd gain more than they'd lose if they'd wage war with the other.

That is peace. :)
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
If there were only 10 people on the planet. Would it be right to wage war for peace ?.. 5 against 5 ..6 against 4.........9 against 1.
Posted by Gabe6120 3 years ago
Gabe6120
Considering this is a philosophy debate, it's gonna be pretty hard to win this.