Arganger
Antoine_Wolfgang

Is my minority group more oppressed than (insert Con's minority)?

Antoine_Wolfgang has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Arganger

Pro

I figured, seeing as so many people on other sites spend time arguing over who has it worse, I might as well do it seriously.

Though the point of this debate's existance is for irony still try to take it seriously.

You most belong to the minority you are saying is more oppressed.

We are talking 1900 - Now. If you wish to change this, say so in the comments and it may be changed.

I will be arguing that the disabled community is more oppressed.
Antoine_Wolfgang

Con

I accept your debate. I should like to begin my argument by claiming that my minority group (White race) within many parts of the World are being oppressed by many governments, one of which would be the South African government under the leadership of Cyril Ramaphosa.

Whites are being expelled from their homes, and the government incentivizing its own citizens to loot, injure and kill the white minority within South Africa. I would also like to state other minority groups are being privileged on the basis of their skin color in primarily white nations, which completely hampers the progression made by many whites living in the lower income bracket of said country. These preferential policies for which I am alluding to of course are Race quotas and Affirmative Action, not directed at whites.

Although I do not believe that any racial group or minority are being persecuted or discriminated against by an institutional body, it must be clear that whites tend to be rejected from obtaining quotas and preferential policies that supposedly serve as an advantage for people of a different skin color.
Arganger

Pro

I'll start with describing my groups horrors:
Starting with 1900 - 1975.
We were killed, doctors would recommend starving babies to death with disabilities including down syndrome. Life saving surguries were also denied very commonly.

Eugenics caused thousands of disabled people to be forcibly sterilized.

Extreme segregation- Disabled people placed in asylums, often dying if young.

Immigration exclusion.

An example of the attitude at the time,

"I wish very much that the wrong people could be prevented entirely from breeding; and when the evil nature of these people is sufficiently flagrant, this should be done. Criminals should be sterilised and feeble-minded persons forbidden to leave offspring behind them" -theodore roosevelt

Now I will skip to 1990-Now

Selective abortion- Modern technology has allowed a whole new eugenics, targeting the disabled before birth. 67 percent of babies with down syndrome have been destroyed this way.

Euthinasia has targeted the chronically ill, drawing a double standard with suicide.

Segregation in the classroom.

What is called abuse on nondisabled kids is legal as therapy for disabled people. Including ABA and shock therapy.

The law ending much of what happened in the 1900's is currently under attack, the ADA is being risked by the ADA education and reform act.

...This is just from America.

I'll use my next round to address south africa and white people primarily.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.newstatesman.com...

http://cdrnys.org...

https://www.congress.gov...

https://www.healthline.com...

Antoine_Wolfgang

Con

I have to forfeit my position on this matter. I misread the question and your position upon entering this debate.
Arganger

Pro

Okay then.
Antoine_Wolfgang

Con

While we're here, how do you change the font size and underline?
Arganger

Pro

In blue, you can see the word, "Text" above the box you type in.
Press on it and it will allow you to do so.
Be aware it also stops checking your spelling.