bluto
32doni32nido32

Is social media really necessary?

bluto has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

bluto

Con

Social media (Twitter, Snapchat, etc.) seems unnecessary because is it really important to show off your hair? or share selfies with strangers? no not really, we can put down our screens and live. Right?
32doni32nido32

Pro

It's not necessary in order to live, no, but many people stay connected this way. Yes, some people post a lot of selfies and show off interesting events going on, but this is partly because they want to share that enjoyment with others. I have a lot of friends on my social media because that is the only way I can see them until a significant amount of time later. Sure, my phone may die even if I barely used it because it blew up from notifications, but we don't need to stare at our phone all day.
Hopefully this makes some sense. :D
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
The word "necessary" implies we could not function without it. This is clearly not true, so one would have to redefine the debate to have any kind of discussion here.

If you said instead "It is necessary for everyone to have access to social media" it would be a different story. Implying that it would be OK for some members of society to have access and some not.

It is not "necessary" in a society without social media. It can be "necessary" in some circles of society if it exists.
Posted by unknown777 3 years ago
unknown777
No, it's not social media, It is real life that is necessary
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Your age criteria or something outlaws me accepting this debate. either alter the settings or directly challenge me to this (make sure you have ticked the box demanding a reason for voting) and I'll gladly accept.