ithyla
omar2345

Is special someone more significant than friends?

ithyla

Pro

Let us argue on the debate period.
omar2345

Con

I don't know why I took up this debate oh well.

I am assuming this if this is wrong you could've defined your words but you didn't.

Special someone: Someone that is special is better or more important than other people.

Special:better, Greater, Or otherwise different from what is usual.

Friends: a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection

Mutual affection:sympathy of each person for the other

Basically all points are listed on this website: Friendships: Enrich your life and improve your health (Mayo Clinic)- Link might be the problem why I can't post this argument.

1. Help you cope with traumas, Such as divorce, Serious illness, Job loss or the death of a loved one
2. Encourage you to change or avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits, Such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise
3. Boost your happiness and reduce your stress
4. Increase your sense of belonging and purpose
5. Improve your self-confidence and self-worth

I want you to say why a special someone is more important significant then friends. After that then I want you to rebut the 5 arguments. The reason is it is only fair that we both have arguments to rebut.
ithyla

Pro

Actually, I don't get your point.

Special someone is more significant than friends 'coz you can live w. Your special someone until forever. Your friends can see you vice versa only on special moments or in a coincidence but w/ your special someone, You can live with that person forever, I still can't state that much 'coz i don't get your point. . .
omar2345

Con

special someone until forever. - That is not always the case. Like a boyfriend or girlfriend. They might die or cheat on you.

person forever- The special someone is special until the person isn't. It might for a good chunk of your life or for 1 week until they cheat on you. It is never forever.

Can you tell me what you did not get? If you can't then quote what you didn't understand or I will discuss it in the comments of this debate. Whichever option you want to pick.
ithyla

Pro

I don't need your options, Special someone is a way more significant than your friends!

And also, Special someone is not only your spouse/partner but also our family members!

And that specialty won't fade if ou trust each other and had faith
!
omar2345

Con

Special someone is a way more significant than your friends! - Haven't told me how

Special someone is not only your spouse/partner but also our family members! - Have not told me how this is a good thing.

And that specialty won't fade if ou trust each other and had faith- What if they die, Cheat on you, Steal your money, Take the kids, File for divorce, Disown you? - Some of them apply to significant other and some apply to family members.

ithyla

Pro

ithyla forfeited this round.
Posted by ithyla 3 years ago
ithyla
@omar2345 I'm taking the special someone
Posted by GraysonGg_116 3 years ago
GraysonGg_116
I would be more inclined to take this argument if your topic and intro actually made sense. . .
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@ithyla
What side are you taking?