Aileen3310
David.Cameron

Is the Bible man-made?

Aileen3310

Pro

I am a teenager who is currently an Atheist (I belong to an Atheist family) But I know there is a God out there. I was somewhere in between accepting Islam or Christianity... But after my last debate, I think I've lost faith in accepting Christianity slightly, and I am slightly closer to accepting Islam. But if someone can answer my objections to Christianity were I cannot deny further then I will gladly embrace this religion.

Note: This debate is not meant to be offensive! If anyone feels offended by anything I say them I'm really sorry, as I don't mean to hurt anyone.
David.Cameron

Con

While the creation and binding of books used to be a highly labor-intensive process, this is no longer the case. The manufacture of books is now a highly mechanized process (see video as evidence), that barely involves human participation. Given these changes in the manufacturing of the book industry, few modern printings of the bible should be considered "man-made."

Moreover, where humans are involved in the manufacturing process, the workers are both male and female. Therefore, categorizing the bible as MAN made is inaccurate in this respect as well.
Aileen3310

Pro

No, no, no.

Is the Bible the word of God? Or was it written by man?

Sorry, that's what I mean.
David.Cameron

Con

Well which side of that proposition are you on? Are you asserting that the bible is the word of God?
Aileen3310

Pro

No, I am not. I am 'Con' Which is quite clear to see.

Anyway, this debate is wasted. I'll have to do it again.
David.Cameron

Con

>I am "Con" Which is quite clear to see.
> Is pro in a debate entitled "Is the Bible man-made?"

It was not clear at all. Please vote Con. Thanks
Posted by mosc 2 years ago
mosc
Sure the Bible is man made. Does the revelation of God to Man require that God writes the Bible? What an utterly absurd question. How does the Bible exist as a revelation of God? Which God? Hinduism lies completely outside of the parameters of the Bible. Clearly the Bible does not negate the Indian worship of their Gods.

Next question: What does the descendants of Avraham have to do with 99. 9 % of the people on this planet? Xtianity as a religion and likewise Islam never accepted the "Revelation" of the Torah at Sinai. Proof you ask? Sure. The New Testament counterfeit and the Koran none sense never once bring the Name of the God revealed in the revelation of the first 2 commandments at Sinai. Neither scam religion knows the Name of the God of Israel and both scam religions worship other Gods.
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
@rextr05 It is up to the instigator to clearly outline the terms/definitions/parameters of any debate in the first round. Pro did not do this, and thus opens themselves up to semantics. Moreover, it was not clear from the hop which side of the debate pro was even on. As you do not understand this, it would be best if you permanently abstain from voting all together.
Posted by rextr05 2 years ago
rextr05
Con, isn't not up to you to change the intent of a debate according to your perception of it. The debate's intent comes from the debate's originator. The 2nd round, you were made aware tht you had grossly misinterpreted pro's intent, yet you kept up your childish direction. Tsk,tsk. Your comments below show either your sarcasm or complete ignorance of the intended debate content. I vote for the former.
Posted by Nicholaspanda 2 years ago
Nicholaspanda
@David.Cameron, I believe you were mistaken. I honestly have no idea where you thought this topic had any correlation with "manufacturing". This debate was clearly supposed to be whether God made the Bible or man. And to answer that question: it's both. God wrote some passages while his followers wrote others. I'll be glad to further discuss this topic with you, Aileen3310, if you'd like to.

- Nicholas
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
Your intent is irrelevant if you are not clear about: A) What is being argued; B) Where you stand on the proposition; and C) The parameters of the debate. If you intend the debate to be about a specific topic, you need to be clear and you need to actually advance an argument (you did not).
Posted by Aileen3310 2 years ago
Aileen3310
Excuse me? This debate was not even supposed to be about book-production. I don't care who prints Bibles' nowadays onto books. That has nothing to do with what my debate was supposed to be about. Therefore this was not a debate.

(Even someone decided to do a rather strange debate about whether or not the Bibles' are produced by men only, I'd be Con for that.)
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
Sorry love, but I was the only one who actually advanced any kind of argument in this debate, i.e. the bible is not man-made because its produced through a high mechanized and gender-diverse process.
Posted by Aileen3310 2 years ago
Aileen3310
Sorry, I said I was 'Con' By mistake. Anyway, It was quite clear. I don't know where you got the idea of book production from. It was supposed to be a religious debate. Oh well.

(Nobody needs to vote on this, as it was not even a debate.)
Posted by DrAnomaly 2 years ago
DrAnomaly
wtf did I just read?