bryant2350
TheBoldDebator

Is the KJV the best form of the Holy Bible?

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

bryant2350

Con

I believe that there are other good forms/translations of the Holy Bible, In my opinion, There are many different good translations of the Bible like the NKJV or the NIV that is used in many Baptist Christian churches I end my first argument.
TheBoldDebator

Pro

The Byzantine family, Also known as the Traditional or Majority Text, Was the text used and preserved by the Greek Church from the time of the apostles until the era of movable type printing. It is from this family that the manuscripts known as the Textus Receptus (also known as the Received or Stephens Text) were produced. The Textus Receptus was the translation base for the original German Luther Bible, The New Testament into English by William Tyndale, The KJV and others. The Alexandrian Text manuscript family is composed of texts that were generally circulated in the region of Alexandria. This family essentially disappeared for centuries after 500 AD, Only to be found again in the mid-1800s. Although these manuscripts are quite old, They often disagree with one another and show significant signs of grammatical revision. It is from this family that the Sinaiticus and Vaticanus manuscripts are produced.

Understanding the manuscripts, My family uses only the King James Bible. If you are a more mature Christian and you prefer to compare texts then do so, But just remember translators take a lot of license as some idiomatic and figurative phrases do not readily translate out into the English language well.

Many of the newer versions have stopped using the Received Text for their New Testaments and are instead using the Vaticanus manuscripts with their many errors. It pays to be careful in selecting a new copy of God's word. Not only are ministers preaching unscriptural doctrines the very Scriptures themselves are being corrupted as well. We must be very aware of these facts in order to discern God's truth from lies.
bryant2350

Con

bryant2350 forfeited this round.
TheBoldDebator

Pro

TheBoldDebator forfeited this round.
bryant2350

Con

bryant2350 forfeited this round.
TheBoldDebator

Pro

TheBoldDebator forfeited this round.
Posted by TheBoldDebator 1 year ago
TheBoldDebator
Oh oops- you"re fine XD Wai- why am I finally seeing this after a whole year-
Posted by bryant2350 3 years ago
bryant2350
Hey sorry guys I forgot about this site and just saw the emails
Posted by Adrian14 3 years ago
Adrian14
@thebolddebator- the thing is, The KJV wasn't even translated till the 1600's. If it's the only right version, Then what would the people who spoke English use before it was created?
Posted by TheBoldDebator 3 years ago
TheBoldDebator
Well @adrian14 I believe it is the best and only right version.
Posted by Adrian14 3 years ago
Adrian14
I think there is a difference between the best version and only good version. Even if the King James Version is the best version, I don't think it is the only good version
Posted by TheBoldDebator 3 years ago
TheBoldDebator
@bryant2350 Would you like to redo this debate since most of it is forfeited?
Posted by TheBoldDebator 3 years ago
TheBoldDebator
Rip. Well, I'll do my research first
Posted by bryant2350 3 years ago
bryant2350
because you stated you only believe in the KJV on your profile
Posted by TheBoldDebator 3 years ago
TheBoldDebator
Why me on this subject. . . Let me think about it. . .