YeshuaBought
IAmCara

Is the animal product industry ethical?

YeshuaBought

IAmCara

Pro

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the video. But I have a lot of experience dealing with vegans/ vegetarians, so I pretty much already know what it is about:

"Animals have feelings too, we should all just be friends, blah, blah, blah."

The truth is, meat tastes good, and that is all the justification one needs. I'm sure if human meat or dog meat tasted good, people would eat that too. Plus, if we didn't eat animals, they would overpopulate the Earth and kill everyone. So much for being friends.

And for those of you who think you are helping animals by going vegetarian/vegan, don't you know you are just hurting them by eating their food? And don't say that you don't eat grass or hay. Those fields that were used to grow soy or corn, could have been used for grass, so you are still hurting the animals.
YeshuaBought

Con

Thank you for being honest. I am currently taking steps to become and stay a vegan, and I want to say why. Please watch a few minutes of the video. I hate consuming animal products because of the effects of what I consider to be the torturous conditions animals are kept in. Animals are confined to cages like property, beaten, forcefully inseminated, have their babies taken away at birth. I have observed animals and interacted with animals, and deduced from their reaction to certain stimuli that they are sentient. They have nerve endings, feel pain, get sick, get injured. How would you react if someone treated you like this.
IAmCara

Pro

So you say that you don't like the way animals are treated. But why don't you just buy meat and other animal products from places where the animals were raised ethically?
And even if mammals are sentient, would you consider fish so? Or invertebrates like shrimp and crickets? Crickets are very environmentally friendly and nutritious.
IAmCara

Pro

I really don"t have time to watch an hour long video, could you just summarize the reasons that are most important to you?
YeshuaBought

Con

Whp says you have to watch the whole thing? Watch 15 minutes please.
IAmCara

Pro

Haha, I really just wanted to hear your opinions. I'm a vegetarian too, and I was just trying to play devil's advocate. My first argument was basically a compilation of all the dumb things people I have said to me. The second argument was things I have considered. I really wish I could have heard more of your opinions. But that's fine. I would love to go vegan, it just really isn't an option for me right now since I still depend on my parents for food.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
"I'm sure if human meat or dog meat tasted good, people would eat that too." Human meat tastes like Venison. If someone liked the taste of human flesh, should it be legal for them to eat non consensual humans?

"Plus, if we didn't eat animals, they would overpopulate the Earth and kill everyone. So much for being friends." If all farm animals get castrated, then no.

"don't you know you are just hurting them by eating their food?" Vegans don't hurt them. There is enough food for both humans and farm animals, especially if everyone goes vegan and the farm animals get castrated. Then humans can take the land that animals used.
Posted by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
A very disappointing debate. If either of you wants to do this again, I'd be willing to take the Pro position. Send me a debate challenge by going to my profile page and clicking on "challenge to a debate".
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
YeshuaBoughtIAmCaraTied
Reasons for voting decision: In Round 3, Pro concedes that it's unethical and already was strongly hinting at their concession in Round 2. Pro loses because they let Con win by typing literally 0% debating quality... Pro threw the debate by admitting that they are vegetarian and that most of the time the animal product industry is unethical in both Round 2 and 3 if you read them together without Con's thing in between.