Jhhillman
conservative.justice

Is the minimum wage helpful to workers and the broader economy?

conservative.justice has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/24/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Jhhillman

Pro

The minimum wage is necessary to protect workers. It's simple. A full-time job should be an escape from poverty. Additionally, minimum wages improve overall economic health, because people have more purchasing power, which is good for businesses as well. Prove me wrong.
conservative.justice

Con

I choose to accept your challenge on the following grounds,

Round 1) Greeting
Round 2) Opening Statements
Round 3) Rebuttel
Round 4) Closing Statement
.
.
Your arguments from the first round are null and void
No rebuttals in the 4th round
Sources listed in the comments
.
.
.
.
Assuming you agree to my terms I am ready to debate on the position that minimum is harmful to the economy and workers right
.
Thank you and let's have fun
Jhhillman

Pro

I agree to your rules, with one exception. We should be able to rebut arguments in the fourth round. Here is my opening statement:

The minimum wage is necessary to protect workers. It's simple. A full-time job should be an escape from poverty. Without a minumum wage, millions of people will be consigned to poverty Additionally, minimum wages improve overall economic health, because people have more purchasing power, which is good for businesses as well. A minimum wage is necessary fir a healthy economy that meets the needs of all it's participants.
Posted by conservative.justice 3 years ago
conservative.justice
I"m so sorry I have been super busy with finals and completely forgot about this. If you cahallemge me I would love to have another debate.