TornadoDog33
backwardseden

Is there a good God in this universe? And does free will exist?

TornadoDog33

Pro

This debate is a challenge to backwardseden's comment on the opinion poll "IIS LIFE WORTH IT? ! ? ", Which can be accessed here- https://www. Debate. Org/opinions/is-life-worth-it-i-really-don't-think-so-when-life-decides-to-unleash-infinite-hell-on-me-and-only-me

First of all, I want to say that I am utterly shocked and horrified about the stories you (backwardseden) gave on your opinion. How someone could do such things is unfathomable. But that does NOT mean that free will does not exist, Or that there is no God out there. Yes, He did create the stepfather that tortured his daughter. But that does NOT mean he created him to do the things he did. I know you most likely don't want to here this, But it WAS the man's choice. God did NOT make him this way. And the way you describe it, That's not how free will works. Yes, A lot of the time, Evil will take over, But that is NOT because of God. It's because we all, As humans, Are naturally evil. But God did not create us like that. According to the Bible, God made everything perfect, Without sin. He made man in his own image, Naturally good. It was only after Adam and Eve sinned that evil came into this world. (Genesis 1-2) Seriously, If you read your Bible, You'd know that this is what it says. Now, All humans have a disposition to do evil.

Also, If, As you say, Evil wins every time, Then how come there are stories where the good comes out winning? Seriously, A quick bit of Internet research will pull up a ton.

"But free will doesn't exist! " The fact that you're saying this means you are using your free will to deny the fact that free will doesn't even exist. You defeat your own point!

And, I'm sorry, But I have to give you a few words about how you portrayed my God. The way you portrayed him is completely untrue and unacceptable. I know you might be mad at God for some reason, But this crosses the line. Calling him a "jacka**" is completely unfair to Him, And cruel to those who believe in him. Show me those 30 verses you claim shows God as a tyrant. Not only have you insulted God, But, As a Christian, You have insulted ME personally. And don't you say that I'm a "butthurt little b***h". I'M NOT. THE MERE FACT THAT I'M CHALLENGING YOU TO A DEBATE LIKE A MAN MEANS THAT I'M NOT.

And if you're a man, You will respond to this challenge with facts, Not with insults. I will not deal with people who have an automatically closed mind.

Respond when you're ready.
backwardseden

Con

Yeah what I stated in the topic of "Suicide: Is Life Really Worth it? " really happened and yep you agreed its unfathomable. "But that does NOT mean he created him to do the things he did. " Sure---it---100%---does. Since you believe in your god, Without a stinking shred of proof, Naturally, In which case you cannot even prove exists, Then you MUST believe that YOUR god is the cause, Otherwise YOUR god is NOT a god and is NOT in control of everything, Is NOT in charge of everything, Is NOT all knowing or all powerful, Is most certainly NOT omnipotent, And is most definitely NOT perfect. So which is it? Sorry, That"s NOT an opinion.

"But that does NOT mean that free will does not exist, " Oh absolutely it does that is IF and only IF you believe in YOUR god. I on the other hand happens to not believe in YOUR god because I have the education and intelligence to know better. So do billions of others. Then the change-up "Or that there is no God out there. " Well then the B. O. P. In on you. But alas, No one, Not one person in the entire history of the human race has been able to do as such. Do YOU happen to think you are better and or knows better than everybody that has ever lived? There"s no tests, Declarations, No demonstrations to prove your god exists. How can there be? After all YOUR god in his superior ego god complex bible, Because that is what YOUR bible is entirely about and nothing more, Never gave a description of himself. Not one teeny tiny little hint. So what is YOUR god? What exactly is IT?
Now if you believe in YOUR god then you have 0 free will. None. There"s nothing in your bible that states something to the effect of "I the lord thy god grants man free will". In fact, Its not even a close call. So by this thinking, Reasoning, Rationalizing, Common sense, Logical process - in which case YOUR god has none, You have no free will.
Also if YOUR god has no free will, How is it possible that you/ man has free will? If YOUR god is supposedly omnipotent and thus knows everything, Such as his future, He will have already known his choices before they were made. That is not free will.
Also threatening people with death is not free will. Let"s use the 10 commandments as a prime example. If you work on the sabbath, Blaspheme, Commit adultery, Swear at your parents, These are all rules that according to YOUR asinine god that if you break any one of them, Its death. You have to look over your shoulders and wonder if you will be breaking any one of them at any given moment. That is doing away with free will. Again, And please pay attention, That is NOT free will.
Here are some videos to ultimately prove that if you believe in YOUR god that you have no free will. DDO does not take youtube links, So please use the text and copy and paste it into your youtube search engine.
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=hOaLlyRId4I - An All Knowing God versus Free Will: The Greatest Religious Contradiction
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=lAqFbiBDb_c - Free Will With God
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=Z1BzP1wr234&t=5s+How - How God Favors Evil

"I know you most likely don't want to here this, But it WAS the man's choice. " So according to YOU, Then there is something that YOUR god is NOT in control of and NOT in charge of, That there is something that YOUR god does NOT know - namely man"s choices, So then this means that YOUR god is NOT all knowing or all powerful, Is NOT omnipotent by any means AND is NOT perfect. That IS according to YOU. Those are YOUR words. Those are YOUR words because, Well let"s face it and no offense, You are only 16, Still stuck in high school with an obvious high school intelligence and education and YOU did not in any possible way think things through. Not only that but if you legitimately think and believe the way you do, Well then YOU can throw YOUR god"s infamous "plan", P**s on it first of course and then toss it into the nearest black hole because after all if YOUR god cannot keep track of YOUR/ EVERYBODIES/ MAN"S free will at all times and manipulate it towards what this god of YOURS wants, Not only what is the point in being a god, But this gives YOU/ EVERYBODY/ MAN free reign to manipulate YOUR god"s divine righteous plan and there"s not one stinking thing he can do about it. That"s according to YOU. CONGRATS! You have just proved that YOU and billions ARE better than YOUR god. AND you most certainly are! Now what part of that don"t you get?

"That's not how free will works. " Oh it most certainly is. "Yes, A lot of the time, Evil will take over, " According to YOU if YOU believe in YOUR god, He"s evil. Hey this god of YOURS freely admits it with about 20 verses or so. Nah. I 100% know that you being the fuddyduddy so-called christian that you think you are, There"s 0% of a chance you will look at them. And here"s why" "But that is NOT because of God. " There! You just proved it unto yourself.

"It's because we all, As humans, Are naturally evil. " I"m not. Billions of others are not. Nice try kid at an invented excuse. Try telling that to your friends and loved ones (if you have any) and POOF, They WILL walk away from you and not even think twice. "But God did not create us like that. " Then YOUR god is NOT a god and there are, Once again, Things that are NOT within his control to thus NOT make him a god.

"According to the Bible, God made everything perfect, " That"s one of the dumbest things ever stated because after all god isn"t perfect. That"s according to the bible. Btw, YOUR god, If perfect, In which case he"s not, Not even close (we"ll get to that in a jiffy), Would not be stupid enough to ---ever--- for any reason, Use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible. So in other words, YOUR bible is not only peed on diaper trash, But you would know this if you were to have actually read the damn thing and made even the slightest attempt to make some sense out of the damn thing.
god not being perfect? Simple. He created man with all of his heart attacks, Diseases, Cancer being a major one, People glued to wheelchairs for their entire lives, Autism, And then because HE thought that man was "wicked" HE decided to drown everything and save 2 of everything when HE could have saved EVERYTHING from agonizing pain and suffering. But of course there"s 0% proof that the entire earth was ---ever--- flooded at the same time. "Be fruitful and multiply"? So YOUR god lied since he murdered everybody. Saving only one family and two of every animal (what about plants and trees? ) in which would have sunk the ark if built according to biblical specifications, Is the exact same as murdering everybody. AND of course YOU are perfectly fine with the justification of YOUR god murdering babies, Children and pregnant women (thus abortions) for absolutely no reason. Well there is no justification for these heinous acts, Not ever. AND according to YOUR bible this god of YOURS has done this multiple times.
"More people have died in the name of god than for any other reason. " George Carlin and he"s right.

Matt Dillahunty "What is sin and why should I care about it? (That"s a very good question. ) I don"t give a damn about sin. And that"s because I am not stupid enough nor ignorant enough to believe in a selfish self centered god so I have to look over my should every second of every day and worry about something that is completely meaningless such as sin) I understand why I should live an ethical life and treating people in certain ways, We have secular foundations for moral systems. But sin from the christian perspective is a crime against god or god"s nature itself - right? If god makes the rules and you violate it, That"s a sin. Well what if god makes a rule that you should kill your child, Does that make it good? Caller " Yeah that"s where I do things that are not aligned in what the bible says. " Matt "Yeah. But are they good things? Do you have good reasons to have that the things you are doing are not immoral? Like do you have an example? Like don"t confess to a crime or anything. For example the bible is opposed to homosexuality. Do you think there"s something immoral about those who are homosexuals? " Caller "Uh there"s none that I can think of. " Matt "Yeah me neither. And so if the bible"s opposed to it add the bible is the word of god, And the Koran is opposed to it as well and the Koran is supposed to be the word of god as well, And there are two holy books and let them argue over who god is and what god thinks and until they can come up with a sound secular justification for homosexuality being immoral then I don"t need to pay their views any money because its just an opinion at that point. "

Sin is hypocritical and contradictory in your bible. Thus sin does not exist.
Does every man sin? Yes. There is no man who does not sin (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, Because they are the children of God. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. . (I John 5:1). We should be called children of God; and so we are (I John 3: 1). He who loves is born of God (I John 4:7). No one born of God commits sin; for Gods nature abides in him, And he cannot sin because he is born of God (I John 3:9). But, Then again, Yes! If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, And the truth is not in us (I John 1:8)

"Also, If, As you say, Evil wins every time, " I never said that. You might want to recheck that. And once you recheck it, And once you see the videos posted and once you do some research on the subject, That is if you wish to do as such because I have, Then you can apologize to me if its within you.

""But free will doesn't exist! "" Not what I said either. Recheck that also.
I"m out of space.
TornadoDog33

Pro

TornadoDog33 forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Con

backwardseden forfeited this round.
TornadoDog33

Pro

TornadoDog33 forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Con

backwardseden forfeited this round.
TornadoDog33

Pro

TornadoDog33 forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Con

backwardseden forfeited this round.
TornadoDog33

Pro

TornadoDog33 forfeited this round.
backwardseden

Con

backwardseden forfeited this round.
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
i just realized I spelled basis wrong. . . Lol
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
Free will is a funny excuse that religious people use when terrible things happen in the world. I find it humorous that all the truly awful things that "god creations" do on a daily bases can be completely dismissed by just saying "god gave us free will".

Also, A little side note, If God is "perfect", How come all of his creations are so insanely flawed? You call this intelligent design? Don't flatter yourself god, A perfect being could do better. You would think a perfect god wouldn't make creations that are so flawed, Much like us humans. But eh, What good is critical thinking when you're religious, Right guys?
Posted by PointProven 3 years ago
PointProven
God and free will cannot coexist.

If god knows everything, It means he knows everything you'll ever do.

Therefore, God knew Hitler was going to kill a ton a jews.

If god knows everything you will ever do, And he still put you on earth to do all those terrible things, God caused you to do those things.

Also, If god made you, He made your soul and everything about you, That would include everything you will ever do. Thus, We would not have free will.

You see, God and free will contradict each other, Therefore you can only believe in one or the other, Or else you are contradicting your other belief.

If you believe in God, You do not believe in free will, If you believe in free will, You do not believe in god.

I believe in free will.
Posted by GuitarSlinger 3 years ago
GuitarSlinger
Both God and Free will exist.

People do bad things out of their own free will. God will not force anyone, Ever, To conform to do what he wants. He wants us to choose. He did not create automatons programmed like mini-robots to do God's bidding. On the contrary, He gave each of us free will.

If you are parent, Especially, Of teenagers, You understand this concept. I want my teenage son to spend time with me. But, I want him to do so out of his own free will, Not because he is forced to. Have you ever made a teenager do something with you against their will? HOw fun is that. Lol. So, I give him the choice. YOu can spend time with me, Or you can go hangout with your friends and do what you want-- it's your choice. When he does come and spend time with me, I welcome him with open arms and love.

Now the moment God swoops in and prevents someone from doing something wrong, GOd is taking away that person's free will. GOd will never do that.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I have genuine friends and loved ones and you can't change that, Sorry. Not everyone is impossible to get along with.

I am not debating you anymore "The moment you start arguing with a fool, You have already lost. " lmam Ali
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Awe jackiebaby "even if you were to prove Backwardseden wrong in every way possible" Hmmmm. Yeah. I keep pointing out unto you why you have no genuine friends and loved ones. Here's yet another example of ultimate proof. NO ONE who is a pus bucket of fat is ---ever--- going to want to hang around with a complete moron like you who states imbecilic statements like that jackiebaby. NO ONE. How can "you", That would be the host of this debate, And or ---anybody--- prove me wrong considering the absolute fact that NOBODY can prove your teeny bopper god of the excrement bible exists?
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
@Tornadodog- even if you were to prove Backwardseden wrong in every way possible, He would still not believe. Accepting your arguments would mean accepting God and that is something he'll never do.