KJVPosttribulationist
ShouldBePresident96

Is there a rapture taught in the Bible?

KJVPosttribulationist has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

KJVPosttribulationist

Con

The rapture is an event that some Christians teach is from the Bible. It means Jesus beams us up to Heaven if we believe. I am a futuristic posttribulationist which means the gathering together of the elect happens after the Tribulation of those days according to Matthew chapter 24:20-31, and that the Tribulation is a two part 7 year time that is divided into the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation according to Matthew 24:15, and that this 7 year time begins with the covenant with many mentioned in Daniel 9:27.
ShouldBePresident96

Pro

First of all, a 6 f***ing month voting period? A five-round debate on a topic that should be 3? You have got to be kidding me.
I will accept this since you forfeited my last debate with you.

Revelations 3:10 states "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

That is talking about God saving/rapturing someone to save them from the Tribulation, otherwise known as the hour of trial or the hour of temptation.

I personally believe only the purest Christians would be raptured before the Tribulation, and the ones that do not fall into temptations during the Tribulation or at least the ones that repent for their actions and accept God in their hearts would be saved after.
KJVPosttribulationist

Con

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
ShouldBePresident96

Pro

And? What does that have to do with if there is a rapture? That did not counter my argument at all. If anything it backed it. "All the tribes of earth mourn and they shall see the Son of man" meaning all those left from the rapture, non-believers, mourn as they see Jesus return to earth with glory.
Posted by Knowledgeable 3 years ago
Knowledgeable
The rapture is a big joke taught by Catholicism/Christianity and similar religions. No-one will be floating around in the sky. The word "rapture" is not even found in the Scriptures.

Thy kingdome come. Thy will be done, IN EARTH, as it is in heauen. -Matthew 6:10
Posted by Arganger 3 years ago
Arganger
The point of revelation would be lost if none of us suffered.