milkishealthy
K_Michael_Tolman

Is water wet?

milkishealthy

Pro

I believe that water is wet by definition. If one H2O molecule were to be by itself, Sure, It isn't wet. However, Not lone H2O molecules that we typically define as "water" is, In fact, Wet because every single H2O molecule is covered by or is touching at least one other water molecule.
K_Michael_Tolman

Con

wet (adj. ):
consisting of, Containing, Covered with, Or soaked with liquid (such as water)
-Merriam Webster

You're right in consisting, But not so much in containing or soaked with.

The way something feels wet is part of fluid dynamics. It has to be a liquid or coated in one. The liquid behaves differently from other matter, So it has a different sensation. Liquids fit their containers, Or mold to objects within its way. This is what makes something feel wet.
I don' have anything else to say, I guess. I basically agree with you.
milkishealthy

Pro

Notice the "or. "
It doesn't have to be all of them to be considered "wet. "

It doesn't matter if water doesn't have the same qualities or characteristics of most things we consider "wet, " if it follows the definition given by perhaps every dictionary ever, Then it is therefore wet, Especially since there are no bonus scientific qualifications for something to be "wet. " If there are bonus expectations that I don't know about, Please tell me about them and give a source to where I can find said expectations.

Also, You agree with me? Neat.
K_Michael_Tolman

Con

Only an hour to post arguments, Huh? This seems dependent on someone being online for a while.

I don't know of any scientific requirements for being "wet" so I guess we're done?
milkishealthy

Pro

Okay, I guess.
K_Michael_Tolman

Con

Nobody vote on this, Please. We didn't really debate. XD