dadddy
kitkathasopinions

Is watermelon wet?

dadddy has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

dadddy

Con

If water is not wet is it possible watermelon isn't wet? Watermelon contains of 88% of water so the real question is if watermelon is wet water is wet, I believe our gods have been lying all this time.
kitkathasopinions

Pro

Yes, it's wet. The reasoning that water is or is not wet doesn't apply here, because watermelon isn't purely water. Otherwise it would be a liquid instead of a fruit. The flesh of a watermelon-and yes, I am calling it flesh-contains water. Watermelon is not simply water; it is water and fruit flesh, solid and liquid. Therefore, watermelon is considered a wet object. My opponent might reason that the outside of a watermelon is dry. To that, I respond that it's the inside that counts. Thank you.