Axiom.revealer
Stupidape

Islam Vs Atheism

Axiom.revealer has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Axiom.revealer

Con

If you wanna ask any question against Islam I would love to clarify it . I will give you my logic why do I think Islam is the right religion and also why do I think there is a God. And if you have any questions against Islamic context then I'll love to clarify it.
Stupidape

Pro

God does not exist. Logically, there is no reason to think God exists, just as there is no reason to believe unicorns exists. Since it is more difficult to prove a negative than a positive, the burden of proof is upon my opponent. Think of a bag containing thirty pens. The task of proving that none of the thirty pens is the color red is much more difficult and time consuming that proving that just one of the pens is red.

Although science cannot disprove the existence of God at this time, science can show the probability of God existing. The chances that God exists is extremely low. Meaning it is extremely probable that God does not exist, including the God of the Islam religion. The correct term is temporary agnostic position. Meaning, in the future there will be more scientific evidence that will ultimately prove if God exists or not.

Just as with the example of a bag with 30 pens, we can say we looked in a whole bunch of places for God and found no scientific evidence. We have found no evidence of heaven nor hell, no fossil evidence of nephilim, and no evidence of a great flood. No evidence of a flying winged horse flying to heaven with the Islam's greatest prophet on its back. There are no flying horses around today, no fossils of winged horses, no transitional fossil evidence of winged horse. The miracles of the Islam religion can not be repeated nor is there any evidence they occurred to begin with.

Then, there is the entire virgin birth problem. How is a virgin birth even possible? We have DNA and anatomy evidence now to show that a virgin birth is impossible.

How did God come into existence? The entire God argument is self defeating due to infinite regressions. Where did God come from, who created God? If another God or being created God, then this leads to infinite regressions. Due to a creator inherently being more complex than a creation. Each being that created God must be more and more complex with no end.

The main problem with using God is how God came into existence is not explained well or at all. The more complex and powerful God is the more improbable God is.

I'm running out of time. Here is a huffingtonpost article by Richard Dawkins which explain a lot better than I can why there almost certainly is no God.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Posted by Stupidape 3 years ago
Stupidape
Just to clarify, the contender will be arguing that God doesn't exist, and Axiom Revealer Pro, will be arguing that Allah is the only and only true God? I willing to accept the debate if that is correct. I am an atheist.
Posted by Debating_Horse 3 years ago
Debating_Horse
I might accept this debate!
Posted by Percivil 3 years ago
Percivil
Percivil to backwarseden do you read?