Toffee
Anonymous

Islam a peaceful religion

Toffee

Toffee

Pro

I challenge you, is islam peaceful? I say yes what about you? BTW get ready to lose

Con

you got nothing

allah=FEAR, of the punishment of pain and death by the hand of other muslims
Toffee

Pro

Mate, first learn about grammar before you attack Islam.

Firstly, you cannot say that Allah directly equals fear as it is not true because, yes Muslims should fear Allah but for the right reason. What I mean is that we should all do good and righteous deeds in order to get rewarded by Allah and the fear that we have is the fact that Allah is capable of doing anything including sending us to hell and sending us to heaven. This fear Muslims should have of Allah is one to drive them to do good deeds in order to go to heaven, you may see so-called Islamic terrorists in the media killing many people but they are going against the teachings of Islam. In fact the word 'Islam' is an Arabic word which literally translates to as "peace" therefore you can tell instantly that if they committing non-peaceful acts they cannot being following a religion called "peace". It's logic!

Good luck
King Toffee

PS: could you please capitalise the first a in Allah for respectable purposes

Con

you mean santa not allah

muslims have no choice but to follow islam, the penalty of leaving is death.. so they will say good things about it
Toffee

Pro

So you think that the penalty for leaving Islam is death huh? Well let me just clarify this is a false allegation as there is no evidence to prove this point of yours.

Also people will say good things about it as they are believers in their faith not because they are forced to

PS: What religion r u?

Con

its in the quran.. it also makes islam not a religion

i am not religious
Toffee

Pro

Once again you have not shown any evidence to back up your point, you can say that it is in the Quran but please tell me where it says (ie what chapter,verse) this because otherwise your argument is invalid because you will making up false statements linked with Islam.

Also you previously said that Muslims are forced to follow Islam well in the Quran it says "There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned." (chapter 2 verse 256) which shows that Islam is a religion which promotes freedom as well as peace and that no one is forced to follow it.

Finally I would like add that in the Quran it says : "Allah commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion" (in chapter 16 verse 90). This verse clearly portrays the fact that Islam has peaceful teachings and this is just one of the many verses or sayings about Islam's peace.

Yours

King Toffee

Con

irrelevant..
Toffee

Pro

Mate, your the only thing here that's irrelevant.

But what is relevant is that Muhammad(peace be upon him) once said: "Do you know what is better than charity, fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations among people" This quotation shows how peaceful the founder of Islam was and that quotation resonates with many Islamic teachings and this proves that Islam is an extremely peaceful religion.

Thanks
Toffee

Con

islam is terrorism, and pedophilia.. you pedophile
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Toffee
Evidently none of you could reply to my comment.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Toffee
Also Jackabus please give me proof (ie link or textual reference) that supports your stament

yours King Toffee
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Toffee
Dear ChaseE and SirHarrison0 please give me examples of where Islam promotes violence because you cannot say such a statement without evidence.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
jakabus
When mohamad went to see the wise men about something, They looked into the old testament of the bible and referred to it as the holy books... so not even mohamad trusted the quoran... I think its a hate book anyway... I would warn everyone to stay away from it
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
SirHarrison0
he doesn't have to respect "allah", he can do what he wants with his grammar. Islam is many aspects of the quran has many pieces of literature that command the killing and other actions upon the people of the book.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
ChaseE
It's also worth noting Islam is really the only major religion that promotes holy war, jihad. Shiite Muslims also are very hostile to women and homosexuals. Furthermore, Mr. Toffee, (I like toffee, btw), by saying that the Islamic terrorists are not real Muslims is a use of the No True Scotsman fallacy, which is defined as "a way of reinterpreting evidence in order to prevent the refutation of one"s position. Proposed counter-examples to a theory are dismissed as irrelevant solely because they are counter-examples, but purportedly because they are not what the theory is about."
Vote Placed by ChaseE 3 years ago
ChaseE
ToffeeAnonymousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Before this debate, I did not believe Islam was a peaceful religion. Hearing about ISIS and Al-Qauda and all the other Radical Islamic terrorist groups didn't help reinforce their peaceful tenets in my mind. But based on the debate, I believe Pro offered better evidence to support his position, whereas Con's statements were along the lines of "Not true," without offering any evidence of his own. Pro's conduct was arrogant, but Con's was condescending and spiteful. For that, I give them a tie, because I thought neither Pro nor Con was mature in the debate. Pro definitely had better spelling and grammar, without a doubt. Pro made more convincing arguments than Con. Pro's evidence quoted the Koran, whereas Con offered no evidence whatsoever. Pro was the only one who used sources, which was the Koran. While my personal beliefs on the matter are unchanged, it is clear to me based on this debate that the winner is Pro.