John_Eaton
PandaXpress

Islam is not a religion of peace

John_Eaton has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

John_Eaton

Pro

The Quran is pro genital mutilation, Stoning of gays and execution of all those who disagree with them. Muslims are also in favor of the illegality of gay rights and gay marriage and they are in favor of Sharia Law. I have so many more points that I will bring up to anyone with enough balls to accept this debate.
PandaXpress

Con

This is a debate I've had one too many times with family members- not separating culture from actual religious text.

For this debate Islam = the Quran, As Quran and the words of Muhammed (which make of the Quran) are the religion. Nowhere in the Quran is FGM mentioned at all - this is, Unfortunately, A cultural issue in various parts of the Muslim world which is terrible and must be stopped (but not part of Islam).

Now, In the Quran it DOES mention anti-gay sentiments, And this is unfortunate, But plenty of Muslims have worked their way around that. The fellow Abrahamic religion of Christianity also mentions homosexuality and how it will lead to eternal burning in hell -

". . . Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, Which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, Serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Jude 7)"

Similar sentiments apply in Judaism -

" "[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, It is a תועבה toeba ("abomination")" (Leviticus 18:22)"

The stated punishment for willful violation of this is the death penalty, By the way.

Is this a flaw? Yes, But something that all of these religions unfortunately share. ISIS waves the Islamic flag, But they don't represent the true principles of Islam- inner and outer peace.

Thank you for this debate opportunity by the way, One step closer to my 3 debates required before I vote :)
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
"The Quran is pro genital mutilation, Stoning of gays and execution of all those who disagree with them. Muslims are also in favor of the illegality of gay rights and gay marriage "
The Bible is pro genital mutilation, Stoning of gays and execution of all those who disagree with them. Muslims are also in favor of the illegality of gay rights and gay marriage
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
I rarely expect anything. So.
https://wikiislam. Net/wiki/Islam_and_Violence
Posted by PandaXpress 3 years ago
PandaXpress
I don't see how you expect me to go into an anti-Islamic website and just believe what I see. Regardless, It is the pro's burden of proof to prove that Islam is NOT a religion of peace.

There's SO many similar text in various biblical texts it's not even funny.

https://www. Independent. Co. Uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381. Html

Please civilize yourself. Thank you.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis