thetruthwillout
dgitelman

Islam

thetruthwillout

Pro

As a musim I would like to know why people are so against Islam ? I would also like to share what Islam is for me, and that is largely different from what the media portrays.
Islam is a religion of love. God is Love. There is only One God, he has no sons, no daughters, no children at all. He was not begotten by anyone nor does He beget. What's so strange and evil about believing in One God ??? God sent down all the prophets. We accept Jesus, as a prophet, and admire him. We accept Moses, Abraham, Adam and Muhammed, the final prophet. We accept that God sent each prophet with a religion, we accept that Judaism and Christianity were preached, but we believe that once the respective prophets died the people changed the books to their own liking. That is why we now follow Islam, the final religion sent by the final prophet. We preach peace, justice, equality. The very call to prayer was given first by an African man named Bilal. The women of Islam are honoured. In the days before Islam,women had no rights, they were abused. Islam brought with it the respect and equality of women. The non muslims would kill their daughters as they only wanted sons. Islam forbade this injustice. Islam welcomes people of all colour, all kind. After all , God created all of us. Now I will tell you what Islam is NOT. Islam is NOT extremism. Islam is NOT ISIS. Islam is NOT so called religgious groups who go out killing non-muslims, raping and pilaging. These groups do NOT represent Islam, yet they say the things they are doing is in the name of Islam. However, we true Muslims know that these people are definitely not Muslims. We do not accept them as Muslims. Islam is NOT violence, it is not killing innocent people. These groups will soon face the One Lord and answer for all the wrongs they have caused. To those of you wishing to know more about Islam, i recommend reading and English version (or whatever your language is) of the Qur'an. In it you will find truth, peace, love. In it you will find the true meaning of life.
dgitelman

Con

As you have said, not all Muslims are extremists. However, the media is very, very cruel to certain people, and it has essentially allowed for the categorization of ALL Muslims into the extremist category. I myself know several Muslims who are nothing like the terrorists in the Middle East, and yet, there are people who, amazingly, believe the media's portrayal of the Muslim faith.
Then again, people believe anything these days...
I myself am also a Messianic Jew, which is basically a Jewish person who believes in Jesus, strangely enough.
To be fair, we also believe that he is the "Son of G-d", as well as the "Messiah", who will basically bring heaven to Earth.

I'm curious... What is your opinion of the Jewish faith? It would be interesting to know...
thetruthwillout

Pro

My opinion of the Jewish faith is that I believe somewhere out there in the world there might be Jewish people who are still practicing the pure undiluted religion sent down by God. However I also believe that the Qur'an cancels out all other books as it is the last religion.
In general I do not have anything against Jews and find some aspects of the religion beautiful and fascinating :)
dgitelman

Con

Your views on the Jewish faith seem to be quite interesting. And, to the extent of my knowledge, there are indeed Jews who still practice the "original" religion, by which I mean that they follow the Bible very strictly.
Essentially, they interpret the Bible and the Commandments quite literally; you could say they're Orthodox.
But, as I said last round, the media is, to put it lightly, cruel to certain people, and also biased. Especially in America.
This is true, not only for Muslims and the extensive coverage of the Islamic State, but also true for Jews and the coverage, or lack thereof, of everything happening in Israel with Hamas and all.
Also, Israel is called out in the UN for "Human Rights Violations", more so than countries that you might expect to be called out for such things, such as Syria, or Venezuela.
So yeah, I think that the leaders of the world can be classified as, to some extent, anti Semitic.
This doesn't apply to all world leaders, though.

I'm just saying, though.
thetruthwillout

Pro

The issue in the middle east is indeed a very sensitive one xD I personally support the Palestinians as i have seen many videos of them being tortured and violated. I also know of people who've went there and heard their stories. The Zionists have no right to treat the Palestinians the way they are, as Palestine itself belonged to them before it was taken over by the Zionist after World War 2. Just to make it clear I do not like nor support the Zionists and their terror. However, the true Jews, those are the ones I'd gladly accept and welcome. Zionists and Jews are two very different things.
What are your thoughts on Zionists and the issue in the Middle East ?
dgitelman

Con

The problem with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is that it's possible that, if the Palestinians were to actually cooperate with the IDF, then maybe the conflict wouldn't exist. Of course, the Palestinian Authority encourages resistance. Such organizations do next to nothing to help end the conflict.
Mind you, I am personally biased towards Israel, but Hamas really should stop firing missiles preemptively, as it will prevent possible negotiations.
The problem with Hamas is that they target Israeli civilian targets, such as schools. Were they going after military targets, it might be different.
However, there is a reason for most things. The videos which you see on the Internet of Palestinians being oppressed, is most likely because they were resisting occupation, and being violent.
Of course, I know some people who have served, or are serving, in the IDF, or the Israeli Defense Force.
The thing is, approximately 84% of Arabs in Israel actually prefer it to what might be Palestine. Had the area been occupied by Palestine from the start, the US probably would've found an excuse to go in and restore a pro-American government in the area.
Also, Israel wouldn't be where it is today in terms of technology had it been occupied by Palestine from the start. The US has invested millions, maybe billions, into Israel, allowing Israel to become one of the most technologically advanced countries in the region, with all people in areas occupied by Israel receiving better medical treatment than if they were in Palestine.
Posted by Considerthefollowing 3 years ago
Considerthefollowing
I would like to put out there that the atheist view is cool too....
Posted by dgitelman 3 years ago
dgitelman
It was indeed.
Debates are always fun, given you're debating with a civilized person
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
@dgitelman thank you for this debate it was a pleasure :) x
Posted by Topaet 3 years ago
Topaet
I would like to debate about the same topic, if you create another debate, I'll accept it.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
Pedophilia, however, IS WRONG. It is a vile and disgusting act. Men who take advantage of little girls are evil, simple as that. Islam does NOT allow pedophilia.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
@Masterful https://en.wikipedia.org...

"In the 12th century, the jurist Gratian, an influential founder of Canon law in medieval Europe, accepted the age of puberty for marriage to be between 12 and 14, but acknowledged consent to be meaningful if the children were older than 7. Some authorities claimed that consent could take place earlier. Marriage would then be valid as long as neither of the two parties annulled the marital agreement before reaching puberty, and the marriage had not already been consummated. Gratian noted that "If one over the age of seven takes a prepubescent wife of less than seven and transfers her to his house, such a contract gives rise to the impediment of public propriety".[17]"

This means, at the time it was the norm. The Prophet IS NOT a pedophile, as at the time it was the norm of the people to marry young, just like in these times it is the norm to marry at older ages, due to later maturation.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
@Masterful kindly read this article which indicates that the age of consent for a girl was 12 years old in medieval england.
Now think a few hundred years before those times. It is clear from observation and evidence that in the earlier centuries maturation was much younger and marriage occurred at very young ages. It was the norm of the time. As times went the maturation age increased, until now, in this century, where we regard the age of 18 as being an adult.

https://www.historyextra.com...
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
Nooo I would never justify pedophilia eww
I will look for scientific evidence shortly
From an observational perspective, it can be seen that many of our great grandparents matured much younger and therefore were married much younger, at ages 14 up. So keeping that in mind, think about how much quicker girls and boys from 1400 years ago aged
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Who said that women matured much earlier in the past? Do you have scientific basis to make that claim, or are you trying to justify pedophilia?