thetruthwillout
dgitelman

Islam

thetruthwillout

Pro

As a musim I would like to know why people are so against Islam ? I would also like to share what Islam is for me, and that is largely different from what the media portrays.
Islam is a religion of love. God is Love. There is only One God, he has no sons, no daughters, no children at all. He was not begotten by anyone nor does He beget. What's so strange and evil about believing in One God ??? God sent down all the prophets. We accept Jesus, as a prophet, and admire him. We accept Moses, Abraham, Adam and Muhammed, the final prophet. We accept that God sent each prophet with a religion, we accept that Judaism and Christianity were preached, but we believe that once the respective prophets died the people changed the books to their own liking. That is why we now follow Islam, the final religion sent by the final prophet. We preach peace, justice, equality. The very call to prayer was given first by an African man named Bilal. The women of Islam are honoured. In the days before Islam,women had no rights, they were abused. Islam brought with it the respect and equality of women. The non muslims would kill their daughters as they only wanted sons. Islam forbade this injustice. Islam welcomes people of all colour, all kind. After all , God created all of us. Now I will tell you what Islam is NOT. Islam is NOT extremism. Islam is NOT ISIS. Islam is NOT so called religgious groups who go out killing non-muslims, raping and pilaging. These groups do NOT represent Islam, yet they say the things they are doing is in the name of Islam. However, we true Muslims know that these people are definitely not Muslims. We do not accept them as Muslims. Islam is NOT violence, it is not killing innocent people. These groups will soon face the One Lord and answer for all the wrongs they have caused. To those of you wishing to know more about Islam, i recommend reading and English version (or whatever your language is) of the Qur'an. In it you will find truth, peace, love. In it you will find the true meaning of life.
dgitelman

Con

As you have said, not all Muslims are extremists. However, the media is very, very cruel to certain people, and it has essentially allowed for the categorization of ALL Muslims into the extremist category. I myself know several Muslims who are nothing like the terrorists in the Middle East, and yet, there are people who, amazingly, believe the media's portrayal of the Muslim faith.
Then again, people believe anything these days...
I myself am also a Messianic Jew, which is basically a Jewish person who believes in Jesus, strangely enough.
To be fair, we also believe that he is the "Son of G-d", as well as the "Messiah", who will basically bring heaven to Earth.

I'm curious... What is your opinion of the Jewish faith? It would be interesting to know...
thetruthwillout

Pro

My opinion of the Jewish faith is that I believe somewhere out there in the world there might be Jewish people who are still practicing the pure undiluted religion sent down by God. However I also believe that the Qur'an cancels out all other books as it is the last religion.
In general I do not have anything against Jews and find some aspects of the religion beautiful and fascinating :)
dgitelman

Con

Your views on the Jewish faith seem to be quite interesting. And, to the extent of my knowledge, there are indeed Jews who still practice the "original" religion, by which I mean that they follow the Bible very strictly.
Essentially, they interpret the Bible and the Commandments quite literally; you could say they're Orthodox.
But, as I said last round, the media is, to put it lightly, cruel to certain people, and also biased. Especially in America.
This is true, not only for Muslims and the extensive coverage of the Islamic State, but also true for Jews and the coverage, or lack thereof, of everything happening in Israel with Hamas and all.
Also, Israel is called out in the UN for "Human Rights Violations", more so than countries that you might expect to be called out for such things, such as Syria, or Venezuela.
So yeah, I think that the leaders of the world can be classified as, to some extent, anti Semitic.
This doesn't apply to all world leaders, though.

I'm just saying, though.
thetruthwillout

Pro

The issue in the middle east is indeed a very sensitive one xD I personally support the Palestinians as i have seen many videos of them being tortured and violated. I also know of people who've went there and heard their stories. The Zionists have no right to treat the Palestinians the way they are, as Palestine itself belonged to them before it was taken over by the Zionist after World War 2. Just to make it clear I do not like nor support the Zionists and their terror. However, the true Jews, those are the ones I'd gladly accept and welcome. Zionists and Jews are two very different things.
What are your thoughts on Zionists and the issue in the Middle East ?
dgitelman

Con

The problem with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is that it's possible that, if the Palestinians were to actually cooperate with the IDF, then maybe the conflict wouldn't exist. Of course, the Palestinian Authority encourages resistance. Such organizations do next to nothing to help end the conflict.
Mind you, I am personally biased towards Israel, but Hamas really should stop firing missiles preemptively, as it will prevent possible negotiations.
The problem with Hamas is that they target Israeli civilian targets, such as schools. Were they going after military targets, it might be different.
However, there is a reason for most things. The videos which you see on the Internet of Palestinians being oppressed, is most likely because they were resisting occupation, and being violent.
Of course, I know some people who have served, or are serving, in the IDF, or the Israeli Defense Force.
The thing is, approximately 84% of Arabs in Israel actually prefer it to what might be Palestine. Had the area been occupied by Palestine from the start, the US probably would've found an excuse to go in and restore a pro-American government in the area.
Also, Israel wouldn't be where it is today in terms of technology had it been occupied by Palestine from the start. The US has invested millions, maybe billions, into Israel, allowing Israel to become one of the most technologically advanced countries in the region, with all people in areas occupied by Israel receiving better medical treatment than if they were in Palestine.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
I meant to say CONDEMN xD
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
And Islam does NOT allow paedophilia
My bad i forgot the meaning of condone xD
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
Islam does NOT allow forced marriage sorry
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
Also, Islam condones forced marriage. If a girl is unwilling she does NOT have to marry the man. Islam condones paedophilia as well. These days girls and boys mature much later in their age, and so naturally these days it would not be correct to marry a 9 year old girl as she would still be a child. But in those days, some 14000 odd years ago, the age of 9 was kinda seen as perhaps how we view 18 year olds today. It is not strange nor uncommon for 18 year olds these days to marry and/or have sex as they are considered adults.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
It is sufficient evil for a person to fabricate a view that was not uttered by any of the scholars throughout the centuries. This indicates that this view is wrong. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Every view that is held by only one of the later scholars, and not by any of the earlier scholars, for which there is no precedent among any of the earlier scholars, is wrong, as Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: Beware of developing a view that you have never heard from any scholar. End quote.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
@Masterful you were actually right. My error. But the reasoning holds.

The fact that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) married "Aa"ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) when she was nine years old is nothing strange. It is well-known that the age at which girls reach puberty varies according to race and environment. In hot regions girls reach puberty earlier, whereas in cold polar regions puberty may be delayed until the age of twenty-one years.

At-Tirmidhi said: "Aa"ishah said: When a girl reaches the age of nine years, she is a woman.

Sunan at-Tirmidhi (2/409)

Imam ash-Shaafa"i said: In Yemen I saw many girls aged nine who had reached puberty.

Siyar A"laam an-Nubala" (10/91)

Al-Bayhaqi (1588) narrated that ash-Shaafa"i said: The earliest age at which I heard of girls reaching puberty was the women of Tihaamah who reach puberty at the age of nine.

Ash-Shaafa"i also said: In San"aa" I saw a grandmother who was twenty-one years old; she reached puberty at the age of nine and gave birth at the age of ten, and her daughter reached puberty at the age of nine and gave birth at the age of ten.

As-Sunan al-Kubra by al-Bayhaqi (1/319)

Based on that, the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) consummated his marriage with "Aa"ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) when she had reached puberty or was very close to it.

What is required of anyone who speaks about any branch of knowledge is that he should speak on the basis of knowledge and fairness, far removed from ignorance, fanaticism and following whims and desires.
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
He did not. He actually married her when she was 9 and did not have sex with her until she reached puberty. In those days people matured faster. Think about it, your great grandma might have married at age 14 and 15. Going 14000 some odd years back, women and men matured and married at extremely young ages.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Muhammad married a 6 year old then had sex with her when she was 7, rebuttal?