Alexandercorderosalas
worldpower

Israel-Palestine

Alexandercorderosalas has forfeited round #2.

Alexandercorderosalas

Con

Im not expert on this, But i consider that palestine must stop to do the atacks against Israel, War is not a soluution, This conflict is about lands, They should go to search another
sollution for their conflict
worldpower

Pro

Con argues that ``war is not a solution. This conflict is about lands. They should go to search another solution for their conflict. `` This is an important opinion. Oppressive policy toward Palestine by Israel fuels the hatred feelings among Palestine. What is urgently required to cope with the this dire situation? One possible solution is dialog between Israel and
Palestine. It seems to me that this is difficult to realize in the near future. However, I strongly believe that dialog could contribute to paving the way for mitigating the conflict between Israel and Palestine.

Dialog reminds me of the book by Martin Buber. His book, ` I and Thou` (1923) teaches us much about `Dialog`.
According to his theory, Human relationship is divided into two categories. One is `I and Thou`relationship.
Second is `I and It ` relationship. ``Between man and man, The I -Thou relationship into which both parties enter in the fullness of their being- as in a great love at its highest moment or in a ideal friendship. ``1)
On the other hand, ``the I - It relationship, As in scholarly pursuits in which other beings are reduced to mere objects of thought or in social relations(e. G. , Boss and worker) wherein persons are treated largely as tools or conveniences. ``2)

The important thing is that ``humans find themselves primally distanced and differentiated ; it is our choice to then thin
or thicken the distance by entering into an `I - Thou `relation with an `other` or withdrawing into an `I - It` mode of existence. `` 3) Furthermore, ``an `I - It` relation experiences a detached thing, Fixed in space and time, While an ` I-Thou` relation participates in the dynamic, Living process of an `other`. 4)

We must recognize that `I - It ` relation has overwhelmed ` I - Thou` relation between Israel and Palestine for many years
since the end of World War Two. The important thing is that `about one in five Israelis are Arabs, The descendants of
Palestinians who stayed in the country after the creation of Israel in 1948, And they have long been disaffected. `` 5)
Taking this fact into consideration, I believe that building a `I - Thou` relationship enables to mitigate military conflict and
to cope with the hatred feelings between Israel and Palestine.

Sources: 1), 2) Martin Buber- from mysticism to dialog, Https://www. Britannica. Com.
3), 4) Buber, Martin/ Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Inp. Utm. Edu.
5) Israel is facing greater dangers than Hamas, By Pankaj Mishra, The Japan Times, May 20, 2021.
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
@worldpower
Martin Buber, I and Thou (1923)
Sounds an interesting book, Sounds that it talks a lot about dehumanization in society.

I REALLY don't know enough about religion to say what other's believe, But I do remember reading this, Once upon a time in the Bible.

Nehemiah 13
23 Moreover, In those days I saw men of Judah who had married women from Ashdod, Ammon and Moab. 24 Half of their children spoke the language of Ashdod or the language of one of the other peoples, And did not know how to speak the language of Judah. 25 I rebuked them and called curses down on them. I beat some of the men and pulled out their hair. I made them take an oath in God"s name and said: "You are not to give your daughters in marriage to their sons, Nor are you to take their daughters in marriage for your sons or for yourselves. 26 Was it not because of marriages like these that Solomon king of Israel sinned? Among the many nations there was no king like him. He was loved by his God, And God made him king over all Israel, But even he was led into sin by foreign women. 27Must we hear now that you too are doing all this terrible wickedness and are being unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women? "

Though I live in melting pot America myself, I've begun to doubt the mixing of values and cultures, Recently.
I say 'doubt, Not speak against, Because 'really, I like myself best in life.

But it'd not surprise me, If people on either side of the conflict, Would prefer that their cultures 'never meshed.
Posted by Hezikiah 2 months ago
Hezikiah
"This conflict is about lands, They should go to search another" Where?
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
@Alexandercorderosalas
I don't know enough about the situation to have a strong opinion,
But my weak opinion is,
"Wow, You guys are screwed. " 'Both sides that is.