Anonymous
Kvng_8

It Is Scientifically Possible To Be Transgender

Anonymous
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Pro

I believe it is scientifically possible to be transgender. I myself am a transgender woman, So you could call me biased; however, I have a good argument and sources to back up my claim of course. I will allow my opponent to go first.
Kvng_8

Con

Transgenderism is a thing but it's not scientifically possible to be transgender.

Transgender - denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex.
You aren't born transgender.

Trans = transition - the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
Meaning male transitioning to female or female transitioning to male.

Gender - either of the two sexes (male and female), Especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones.

Answer these questions.

What sex were you born as? Male or female?

If a human feels in their mind that they are a elephant. Does that make them an elephant?

Why are there not transgender animals?

Here's when personal pronouns come into play, Because some transgender people, Or people who are non binary or whatever the case may be might get offended if they are called by the wrong pronoun (he/she/they) which pronoun would you prefer? Which pronoun would be appropriate for a transgender female or a transgender male? Because in real life scenarios, A transgender person who comes off as a man on the surface might get offended if called "he". A transgender person who comes off as a woman on the surface might get offended if called "she". So would it be they?

Your turn.
Kvng_8

Con

Kvng_8 forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

Kvng_8 forfeited this round.
Kvng_8

Con

Kvng_8 forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
"but I think it's sufficiently strange enough to warrant the question if only for the sake of ruling out a possibility. "
"By definition (Wiki): White people is a racial classification specifier, Used mostly and often exclusively for people of European descent; depending on context, Nationality, And point of view. "

""So how do you be black? "
Being born black with black parents. Common sense. "

Disregard the different ways you can be determined to be a specific race with your statement about being black even though you gave the definition of white people. Whatever the reason you are wrong.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
Not giving up I'm just not giving you anymore energy. Its a waste of time. You're the one with the bad arguments. You never changed the definition of race from me. You are the one who is deluded. Bye.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@Kvng_8

"I don't have to give you any or prove anything to you"
I have made your transgender argument become "I do not agree with the idea. "
I have made your definition of race became only about the colour of someone's skin.
But when giving evidence to something not proven with science.
You give up.

Your arguments were bad and the only thing you don't want to give is pseudo science. Okay.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
I don't have to give you any or prove anything to you
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
"Okay"
Evidence or you don't have any?
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
"Not equal in opportunities, Geographical location, Genetics and money. I can think of more but I am sure you understand what I am talking about now. "
Sure

"Evidence can be right or wrong. I can't say you are a liar instead would say the facts are wrong. It is not opinion based. "
Okay
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
"Not equal in terms of a form of paper (money)? Ok"
Not equal in opportunities, Geographical location, Genetics and money. I can think of more but I am sure you understand what I am talking about now.

"Even if I provide evidence you'll say I'm lying"
Evidence can be right or wrong. I can't say you are a liar instead would say the facts are wrong. It is not opinion based.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
* Even if I provide evidence you'll say I'm lying
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
If I provide evidence you'll still say I'm lying.
Posted by Kvng_8 3 years ago
Kvng_8
"Am I wrong? "
No. I made a typo and you told me to leave it as is so I accepted and said okay

"But they are not equal. We have laws yes but there are factors that stop them from being equal. "
Not equal in terms of a form of paper (money)? Ok

I'm not providing a source about anything because this is not a debate, We are in the comment section

"Lie until evidence is given. "
Okay
Vote Placed by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
AnonymousKvng_8
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con does not have a clear definition of the difference between sex and gender. Perhaps we should have started with that. It is possible to be transgender. There is nothing in 'science' to disprove or prove that one's identity is a mismatch with their bodies. Not until we have a scientifically accurate way of measuring people's thoughts. This comes down to truth detection, not measuring chromosomes. Chromosomes would be sex-based not gender-based evidence. If the trans person was biologically male scientifically but said "I am a woman" and the truth detection device that was proven by science to be accurate said truth, then that would be scientific proof of transgender's existence. Transspecism is not the same as transgender. Not all disorders are 'bad.' Not all abnormalities are 'bad.' In the case of gender dysphoria, the problem is with the body not the mind. In this case, it is not a neurological disorder but a body disorder. Con can refer to the psychological texts on thi
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
AnonymousKvng_8
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Reasons in the comment section Starts with Pro
Vote Placed by EverlastingMoment 3 years ago
EverlastingMoment
AnonymousKvng_8
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: I found that the key contentious point of the debate came from the topic discussing gender dysphoria. All the other arguments presented seemed to just add context rather than sway the voter. Now from this argument regarding gender dysphoria I felt there was an inconsistency in Pro's case. While Pro argued that there was significant evidence to show that gender dysphoria is a neurological disorder and does exist, there wasn't much that helped differentiate how this only existed on the male-female spectrum and not other genders that individuals identify as. Con did call this out. And Pro couldn't clearly show the distinction in this argument and thus since his argument on dysphoria was very inconclusive the result felt clear. The burden of proof from Pro was not achieved and the motion fails.