Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
SickInTheHeadz
hopefullyrespectable

It is perfectly acceptable for 4 year-old girls to date adult men and play with them

hopefullyrespectable
Started: 3/19/2019 Category: Economics

SickInTheHeadz

Pro

4 year-old girls are already mentally developed for a relationship and perfectly capable of dating adult men. It is within their rights to date adult men if they want to. Girls of age 4 should be encouraged to make their own choices about life and be encouraged to spend time with people they like. This sometimes includes spending time with adult men, Which can be a lot of fun and beneficial for both. What if a 4 year-old girl wants to play with a 60 year-old man, But her family disapproves and forbids such a relationship? That family is clearly toxic and bad influence on the 4 year-old girl. 4 year-old girl is perfectly capable of choosing who to play with, And as such should be given the opportunity to explore herself and others in a safe way, The way in benefits both her and the adults she is spending time with.
hopefullyrespectable

Con

4-year-olds are not mentally prepared for romantic relationships. They do not care for other people's emotions and most often need to learn how to make friends their own age so that they learn to rely on each other and help themselves through early childhood. Although older role models are great for children of that age, They should certainly not date them. Their brains are not developed enough to feel attraction, Love, Or sexuality. Why should they involve themselves with romance if they don't even know what it means?
Posted by notscum 3 years ago
notscum
Like legit what the f*** lmao
Posted by SickInTheHeadz 3 years ago
SickInTheHeadz
"4-year-olds are not mentally prepared for romantic relationships. They do not care for other people's emotions"
4 year-olds are perfectly prepared for romantic relationships. They care a lot about other people's emotions.

"how to make friends their own age so that they learn to rely on each other and help themselves through early childhood"
I don't see what a 4 year-old girl can learn from another 4 year-old girl. Maybe that ponies are pretty? From an adult man, She can learn a lot. Well, Not from someone like you, Of course. But I mean from some smart adult man.

"Their brains are not developed enough to feel attraction, Love, Or sexuality. "
I felt a lot of attraction and love when I was 4. Sexuality started somewhere around 6, But it would have started even sooner if I have discovered it. However, I feel like this is irrelevant to the topic.

"Why should they involve themselves with romance if they don't even know what it means? "
Well, By your logic, 4 year-old children don't understand math either, So it's wrong to teach math to children? We should remove all subjects that children don't understand, And what would you be left with? The answer is nothing. This is where your logic leads us.
My logic is that 4 year-old girls perfectly understand what romance and love is, And if they want to express it towards adults and date them, I think that's perfectly fine. As for why should they date adult men, I think that's easily answered. So they could learn from them. I mean, If they don't want to, It's okay, But if they want to and you forbid them, That's not okay buddy. Not okay.
Vote Placed by Debaticus 3 years ago
Debaticus
SickInTheHeadzhopefullyrespectableTied
Reasons for voting decision: Reasons for voting decision -REQUIRED