Father_Crowfield
asta

It is politically incorrect for a Jew to play Monopoly

asta

Father_Crowfield

Pro

I believe it is politically incorrect for a person of Jewish faith to engage in a session of the popular board game Monopoly. I believe the Jews have had enough of hearing about Sir Rothschild, and to avoid offending or stereotyping themselves, they should be barred from playing Monopoly, or, with that matter, any game involving banking and money. I am arguing this because I keep losing to the Rabbi across the street and I want a way to troll him, rather it is because I fear if the Jews keep on winning at Monopoly, something bad will happen.
asta

Con

"I believe it is politically incorrect for a person of Jewish faith to engage in a session of the popular board game Monopoly" It's not. The only thing the left defines political correctness is against Cis Het Caucasian Christain Males. Political correctness, however evil it is, only affects this group and sometimes their allies.

"I believe the Jews have had enough of hearing about Sir Rothschild, and to avoid offending or stereotyping themselves, they should be barred from playing Monopoly" If they don't like the steriotypes, then they can refuse to play monopoly. But if you don't care, you can play in monopoly. Should white people be banned from playing monopoly, since blacks see whites similar to how whites see jews. Just because you don't win does not mean victors should be banned from playing a game.

"I am arguing this because I keep losing to the Rabbi across the street." If you want to beat the Rabbi, ask him for suggestions on how to inprove rather then claiming Jews should be banned. He probably would tell you some. If you lose to Black people in basketball, does that mean black people should be banned? No.

"I fear if the Jews keep on winning at Monopoly, something bad will happen." If the Jews win at monopoly, then they win at monopoly. So what? It's just a game. You win some games and you lose some other games. That's part of life.
Father_Crowfield

Pro

Jews are constantly stereotyped as bankers. Therefore, Jews should be barred from participating in a game that involves banking, because if they do, they are then enforcing the stereotype. If Jews win too much at Monopoly, people will think they are greedy. This will surely promoted subtle waves of anti-Semitism, whether it be a small microaggression or another Holocaust.
asta

Con

"Jews are constantly stereotyped as bankers. Therefore, Jews should be barred from participating in a game that involves banking". Just because you are steriotyped as something does not mean you have to defy the steriotype. This is up for individuals to decide. Ethnic Africans are steriotyped as good basketball players. Does this mean it is politically incorrect for Ethnic Africans to play basketball? No. It creates revenue for colleges.

"If Jews win too much at Monopoly, people will think they are greedy." No. They will merely think that that peticular Jewish indivdual is good at monopoly. My Dad is the best at Monopoly in my house. He's also a teacher. I don't believe all teachers are greedy people with money. So it won't create waves of Anti Semetism.

Also, just because you are rich does not make you greedy. The 1% tended to help society significently for their cash in reality. If it wasen't for the 1%, we would have no choice but to live like Amish people. They created the devices that facilitate this debate. They led the creation of western civilization.
Father_Crowfield

Pro

"Political correctness only applies to white cis het Christian males." May I remind you, back in 1984, Reverend Jesse Jackson referred to the Jews as "Hymies" and New York as "Hymietown". Jesse Jackson is a man of African ethicity, and when he made the aforementioned derogatory comments he was in conversation with Milton Coleman, also black and a reporter for the Washington Post. Of course, the comments were later printed in the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

I admit I am wrong in my belief that Jews should not play Monopoly. It was definitely an absurd suggestion. However, I will always believe that political correctness should apply to everyone, no matter their race, ethnicity, orientation, or religion. Whether it is directed to a homosexual Muslim woman, a transgender Native American Mormon, or a white atheist, hatred is hatred, slurs are slur, and the meaning of disrespect does not change, I do not care what "the left" says.
asta

Con

"Political correctness only applies to white cis het Christian males." That's the PC culture. It is the leftist reality that should change. An Ethnic African guy making anti semetic statements is as bad as a Caucasian guy doing it. But this is off topic.

"I admit I am wrong in my belief that Jews should not play Monopoly. It was definitely an absurd suggestion." This means that I convinced you of my point. Good game.
Posted by Father_Crowfield 4 months ago
Father_Crowfield
Vote for me, make Monopoly great again!
Posted by asta 4 months ago
asta
If you can vote, can you vote for me?
Posted by mosc 4 months ago
mosc
what a totally absurd argument. A board game, its wrong for a Jew to play a board game. LOL Beyond stupid.
Posted by Father_Crowfield 4 months ago
Father_Crowfield
Vote for me, make Monopoly great again!
Posted by asta 4 months ago
asta
If you can vote, can you vote for me?
Posted by judaism 4 months ago
judaism
Silly debate! Only anti-Semites believe we control the banking, movie, whatever else is out there industry.
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 4 months ago
RMTheSupreme
Father_CrowfieldastaTied
Reasons for voting decision: "I admit I am wrong in my belief that Jews should not play Monopoly. It was definitely an absurd suggestion. " Concession in Round 3 by Pro. Con didn't use any sources while Pro used reliable ones while conceding so... Gotta give the sources vote.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
Father_CrowfieldastaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro conceded in round three.