Doyler
Honkler

It is wrong to be proud of being overweight

Doyler
Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

Doyler

Pro

Firstly I would like to state that I am not saying a person should be depressed because of their weight and i think it is equally wrong to be underweight and that the glorification of both of these figures is wrong and serves as a bad role model for young women and girls.

Let"s just lay down the facts, It"s unhealthy to be overweight, This is a medically proven fact and if you go in for a checkup with a doctor and you step up on the scales and the reading isn"t healthy that doctor is going to talk to you about your weight. This is not the doctor being discriminatory or "rude", This is him being concerned for your health as obese people are 80 times more likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those with a bmi less than 22. He"s not telling you that you need a perfectly sculpted body with a six pack or a (which again, Is equally unhealthy) and i think that"s the misconception that obese people have when people express their concern for them, They see these options as the only alternatives and realise it"s easier to just stick with what they have which then leads into fat-pride which (and this is something I will always stick by)is nothing more than an excuse that they can then throw at anyone who brings up their weight. Its a fantasy they create to make themselves feel comfortable and block out the medical facts such as that they are more likely to develop cancer or diabetes than their healthy counterparts. Then we add plus size models such as Tess Holliday into the equation which glorifies the lifestyle and serves as a role models to teens who believe it"s okay to be obese which restarts the cycle.

Thank you for reading my short debate on why I think it"s not okay to be proud of being overweight and as it"s one of my first debates I am open to criticism as this was all of the top of my head because i had just read an article on the subject and wanted to get others" opinion on it.
Honkler

Con

who the f*ck cares
Posted by PrettyYoung 2 weeks ago
PrettyYoung
@FanboyMctroll Have you heard of Fat acceptance? Apparently society today has become so retarded that fat people are asking people to encourage and glorify their big, Bouncy and jiggly bags of blubber and flesh.

It's disgusting.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 weeks ago
FanboyMctroll
Why the fvck would you be proud of being an overweight plumper who will die early of diabetes and suffer your whole life with joint pain and back pain and won't get a date all your life because you are a fat fvck?

Are you still proud?
Vote Placed by Brendo 3 weeks ago
Brendo
DoylerHonklerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Troll debate.