ffr123
Lacrutos

Jesus have his own gospel

ffr123 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ffr123

Pro

Mark 1:14 Now after John was imprisoned, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 1:15 He said, “The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God 33 is near. Repent and believe the gospel!”

Which gospel that jesus mean? Gospel of Mark? Gospel of Matthew? Gospel of Luke? Gospel of John?

Of course none of those, because those gospel written after jesus died
Lacrutos

Con

Mark 1:14 Now after John was imprisoned, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. 1:15 He said, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God 33 is near. Repent and believe the gospel!"

I agree with the above, however you moved awkwardly to a conclusion:

"Which gospel that jesus mean? Gospel of Mark? Gospel of Matthew? Gospel of Luke? Gospel of John?"

"Of course none of those, because those gospel written after jesus died"

Not only does the above verse state that it is "THE" Gospel you don't even use scripture to disprove what your original verse stated. I have looked for the words the Gospel of Mark, Matthew, Luke, and John. The only conclusion I can come to is these are Titles given to those sections and are in fact not in the scriptures written.

So let us move on to what might be the best defense you have, though it is very-weak.

"because those gospel written after jesus died"

Just because something is written after someone died does not inherently make something False or Different, you should clarify this claim. As follows:

1: Clarify where the information concerning multiple Gospels is coming from? are these just Titles?
(a) If you still agree that there are multiple Gospels, do they contain the same content or are they in fact different?

I am going to be bold since there are just a few rounds, do you believe on Jesus? Has anyone ever told you the Good news of God and the Kingdom? When Christ stated:

Mark 1:15
He said, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the gospel!"

Have you or are you willing to repent? Do you believe such or are your contentions just with words?

If your contention is with words are you willing:

1 Corinthians 4:6
6 And these things, brethren, I did transfer to myself and to Apollos because of you, that in us ye may learn not to think above that which hath been written, that ye may not be puffed up one for one against the other,

and stay within that which is written to disprove that which is written?
ffr123

Pro

1. Where the information of multiple gospel coming from?

It is easy, it is from bible itself. Just read Gospel of mark, matthew, luke, and john you will read different statements and storis which is told in one gospel but can't be found in other gospel

2. Are these just titles?
Well, if this is just title why using the word "gospel"

3. The only conclusion I can come to is these are Titles given to those sections and are in fact not in the scriptures written.
well if it is not written in the scripture then why people say this is The Gospel of Mark, The Gospel of Matthew, The Gospel of John, and The Gospel of Luke. Where this idea come from? why not saying that this is "Biography of jesus by mark", "Biography of jesus by matthew", "biography of jesus by luke", and "biography of jesus by john"?

4. do they contain the same content or are they in fact different?
They are different. Yes there same content but there is some different

5. do you believe on Jesus?
I want to believe jesus. But, what exactly did jesus said? People often talk that jesus saying this and that, but is it really what jesus saying?

Lacrutos

Con

I have bolded what I will contest if there are enough Characters to do so:

"It is easy, it is from bible itself. Just read Gospel of mark, matthew, luke, and john you will read different statements and storis which is told in one gospel but can't be found in other gospel"

I would like to point out here that your original contention was multiple Gospels not statements or Stories. That will have to be left up to another debate for another time.

"Well, if this is just title why using the word "gospel"

I hope you meant why "use" the word Gospel in the Title. I agree and am contesting such stating that it is evidence for my side since the Titles given to them aren't in the scriptures written. However, I am not the one who put those words above the sections and therefor can not prescribe a concise motive to such. I hope you understand.

"well if it is not written in the scripture then why people say this is The Gospel of Mark, The Gospel of Matthew, The Gospel of John, and The Gospel of Luke. Where this idea come from? why not saying that this is "Biography of jesus by mark", "Biography of jesus by matthew", "biography of jesus by luke", and "biography of jesus by john"?"

I wholeheartedly agree, why would someone say such? I have no idea and therefor me and you, instead of taking things stated at face value, should look at the evidence provided with an open mind to determine what is there and what is True.

Now there are a lot of instances where these words come up in and I hope you look at all of them. I am going to show you that no one claims there own seperate Gospel.

Greek for Gospel according to Strongs Lexicon

G2097 εP16;αγγελP55;ζω euagg

G2098 εP16;αγγP51;λιον euaggelion

G4283 προευαγγελP55;ζομαι proeuaggelizomai

G4283 only shows up in Peter and was not brought up in the original contention, the verse for this will not be below.

Verb

1. to bring good news, to announce glad tiding

1. used in the OT of any kind of good news

1. of the joyful tidings of God's kindness, in particular, of the Messianic blessings

1. in the NT used especially of the glad tidings of the coming kingdom of God, and of the salvation to be obtained in it through Christ, and of what relates to this salvation

1. glad tidings are brought to one, one has glad tidings proclaimed to him

1. to proclaim glad tidings

1. instruct (men) concerning the things that pertain to Christian salvation

Matthew 4:23
...Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,...

Matthew 9:35
Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,

Matthew 11:4a-5b
4a Jesus answered and said unto them,
5b and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

Matthew 24:4&14a
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them,
14 this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world...

Matthew 26:10&13
10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them,
13...Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world,...

Conclude Matthew/Begin Mark:

Mark 1:1
1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Mark 1:14-15
14 ...Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mark 13:5&10
5 And Jesus answering them began to say,
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mark 14:6&9
6 And Jesus said,...
Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world

Mark 16:14&15
14 Afterward he (Jesus) appeared unto the eleven...
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Conclude Mark/Begin Luke:

Luke 1:19
I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings (G2097).

Luke 2:10
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings (G2097) of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Luke 3:18
18 And many other things in his exhortation preached (G2097) he unto the people.

Luke 4:17&18
17 ...And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;...

Luke 4:43
43 And he said unto them, I must preach (G2097) the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.

Luke 7:22
22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Luke 8:1
...preaching and shewing the glad tidings (G2097) of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

Luke 9:6
6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Luke 16:16
16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached (G2097), and every man presseth into it.

Luke 20:1
20 And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he (Jsesus) taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,

Conlcude Luke:

After presenting this I have found that John does not state anything concernign the Greek word for Gospel, this was very interesting to me. However, if you find the word in Johns writiings please bring it as evidence to the debate.

I will contest that Question 4, which I had asked, was poorly presented by me:

"4. do they contain the same content or are they in fact different?
They are different. Yes there same content but there is some different"

I should have specified I am not talking about the letters in there entierety but only specifically those made concerning the Gospel. I am sorry if this was misleading.

"5. do you believe on Jesus?
I want to believe jesus. But, what exactly did jesus said? People often talk that jesus saying this and that, but is it really what jesus saying? "

Jesus is alive! If you want to know what he has said:

John 16:13
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit (pneuma G4151) of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

How do you obtain this?

Ephesians 1:13
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit (pneuma G4151) of promise,

My advice is to beleive on Christ, he is the Saviour of the Whole World, then God willing you will be brought to understand the things of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.