Hadii
PBT09

Joan of Arc was not important to the outcome of the 100 years war.

Hadii has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Hadii

Pro

I'm debating this because I want to learn more about this time period while researching it for this debate, and hopefully improve my debating skills.

My reasoning that Joan of Arc didn't influence the outcome of the 100 Years War (or 116 if you wanna be exact) was that she didn't do any fighting or make important military decisions, and mostly just boosted troop morale. France would have still won the war without her.
PBT09

Con

Hi, I'm very new to this debating site so I apologize if I did anything that offend you or agasint the rules. I'm also not a native English user so I apologize if I make any grammatical error that cause a misunderstanding between us.

My argument is going to be about the relationship between religion and warfare that give a huge edge to the French because of Joan of Arc. I'll not make any offensive argument on religion, neither will I praise it, but to show the impact of religion. To know that God is on their side is a very significant addition to the French forces because it's not just the improving of morale, but faith as well.
Posted by Hadii 3 years ago
Hadii
Sorry, but I had quite a bit school work due next week (yay procrastination), and I didn't have enough time to write my argument. If you still want to debate this, I would be happy to start a new debate with you.
Posted by Gabe6120 3 years ago
Gabe6120
I don't know much about Joan of Arc, I might study more into her and come back to this.
Posted by Hadii 3 years ago
Hadii
*portray him as
Posted by Hadii 3 years ago
Hadii
I'm doing a debate that Napoleon wasn't a warmonger as many people portray him if you're interested.
Posted by Phenenas 3 years ago
Phenenas
It's nice to meet another history buff on here. I would accept, but I agree with you. Joan of Arc was a fascinating person, but Dunois and La Hire would probably have saved Orleans without her. If there's another historical topic you can think of, I'd like to have a debate.