kyleniel
Im_Intelligent

Knowledge is a farce

Im_Intelligent has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

kyleniel

Pro

Knowledge is based on facts that aren't 100% certain. To say that they get to determine what is and isn't real is stupid.
Im_Intelligent

Con

By definition you cant prove for 100% that unicorns don't exist somewhere. The scientific method is a methodology used to determine what is and is not true because unlike other mythology's it can make predictions and has a long history of making successful predictions.

I would also argue that there some things that are demonstrably true, the Earth is not flat, gravity exists, we all experience time.

So saying just because a malformed question that misplaces BoP has a possibility of being either right/wrong thereby it is just as credible as what we can test to be true or not true is absolutely absurd.
kyleniel

Pro

The proofs are logical only because some tests were run when the tests could use false information, and we can't know if your information is correct. Plus, nothing is self-evident, so those self-evident truths you have need evidence.
Im_Intelligent

Con

Do you understand anything about the scientifc method?
kyleniel

Pro

I understand it more than you understand my argument.
Im_Intelligent

Con

I understand your agument, the problem is your argument is bad.
kyleniel

Pro

Well I responded to your criticisms, so iy can't be that bad.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
A stone can not swimm. My mother can not swimm. My mother is a stone, but the stone can not be my mother.
Posted by Considerthefollowing 3 years ago
Considerthefollowing
It is based on logic bro, and that is real.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
knowlegde is relative and you can not have the one without the other.
Posted by Redbluegreen 3 years ago
Redbluegreen
Surgeon. I am not arguing in pros favor, however i would argue that knowledge based on observation about reality is in fact baseless. This is not to say that facts cannot exist at all, it is merely a criticism of the definition of reality. It is a fact that reality is currently undefinable in an absolute sense (The matrix, Inception, and the like are examples showing how reality is technically not defined) and due to this we can say that knowledge based off of observations such as, "the sky is blue", or "the earth is round" are not facts in an absolute sense. They are merely facts relative to how we percieve reality. This is what I believe pro is arguing at least partially and they would technically be partially right in that assertion. The idea that all knowledge is a farce and that we should not make decisions based on it is significantly harder to defend if not impossible and so i disagree on that front. Please inform me if i am incorrect about anything ive stated
Posted by ABC123TT 3 years ago
ABC123TT
Con is right kyleniel is being pretty stupid
Posted by Surgeon 3 years ago
Surgeon
You are committing a stolen concept fallacy. In order to construct this debate, you are yourself making a knowledge claim (in this case that facts at not certain). You are therefore directly borrowing from an epistemology that utilizes knowledge based on concepts that itself assumes objective reality (and a real world consisting of facts). Thus your argument disproves itself.