Debate_Person123
factandevidence1234

LGBT Should Be Illegal

factandevidence1234

Debate_Person123

Pro

I think being Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals and Trans Genders should be illegal.

1. It is unnatural, the Human species was made in 2 genders and both too breed. Lesbian, Gay and Bisexuals are not following this and it does not go together. Think of it like this, The North side of a magnet and a south side of a magnet stick together but both of the same side push each other away. You have to force it together so they touch. (I will come to Transgenders later)

2. Gay and Lesbians are the most common people with HIV/AIDS. They are the most people who have it. This is causing us to look into curing aids and spending more money on it instead of spending more money on curing other diseases. I am not saying HIV/AIDS should not be cured but we should not be focusing as much on curing something that comes from pleasure. HIV/AIDS treatments should at least be used in Africa instead of being given to gay people at the moment.
Source: https://www.cdc.gov...

3. LGBT are messing up society. They are messing up the nature of humanity and gender. Transgenders are also unnatural because they are changing their gender that they were born with. This is teaching future generations that they can just mix up gender and mix everything up how you like. They are confusing and changing femininity and masculinity.

4. If you are religious (Christianity, Islam, Jewish (Top Religions)) its a sin to be LGBT. This brings me to marriage, marriage comes from religion and being LGBT in religion is a sin so how does this fit together.
factandevidence1234

Con

1. (Despite the illness in an LGBT, our economy would still have enough money to help the sick person) Just because it happens to be an LGBT who has this certain illness, it doesn't really mean anything. A person could have those same diseases who are not an LGBT, but it's ok for them to be treated? Why should we just treat regular people and not LGBT's? It's simply not fair, and it would affect the human population greatly.
2. (We all make our own choices) It's a persons choice in life to be an LGBT, we shouldn't discriminate them for what they want to do in life. It's almost like segregation. "You're an LGBT, so you can't eat at this restaurant", or "Reserved for non- LGBT's only". In a less serious sense, imagine you're at a job interview. You want to apply for this certain job, but you cant, because you made the choice in life to buy a dog! Now you can't get your job, simply because the owner of that business, just doesn't like dogs. Is that fair? You have to choose between your dog or a job?

(I hope after reading this, you change your opinions about LGBT's, and never have to choose between a dog and being a Mc'Donald's employee.)
Debate_Person123

Pro

1. They are still the people with the most amount of aids and caused because of their pleasure. There are ways to avoid HIV/AIDS but Lesbian and gays still seem to have it mostly because of cretin positions during sex that cause this disease. They mange to still get aids and its an unnecessary increase of HIV/AIDS.

2. I understand what you are saying about discriminating them and what you are describing happened to the blacks. But the difference between this is that black people are a naturally born like, its a different type of the human race. Like dogs there are different types of dogs but they are naturally like that. They should not be treated like normal people because they are not normal. They are totally messing up they way humans are made. Humans are meant to breed with the opposite gender that's why there are 2. (if you don't understand this I can try clarify it a bit more).

My 3rd point still stands.
factandevidence1234

Con

I see your point about the diseases, but it can also happen to anybody. Anybody can get diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, because sex went wrong, but still you can't force a person not to have sex with a person they want to be with. Its like you not being allowed to raise a child with your husband/wife. Humans were made to have sex with then opposite gender, I agree. However, it doesn't mess anything up at all. You never automatically know if a person is lesbian or gay, until they tell you. Its just like this, you just met a new girl, she's amazing, but you're just friends. You two are so much alike, so finally she tells you she's lesbian. Would you automatically think she's messing up the world?
Debate_Person123

Pro

1.I know that straight people can get the HIV/AIDS but what I am saying is that Lesbian and Gay people are the most who have the disease. The problem with this is that it is an extra cause of the HIV/AIDS and increasing numbers of it. In some countries health care is free which means you are paying taxes to treat something caused by pleasure (HIV/AIDS could have been reduced). For the countries who don't have free health care the disease is just a waste of medical resources instead used to cure other more serious diseases like cancer or tuberculosis... (Diseases that are not or not as easily preventable). Side Note: HIV/AIDS treatments would be better off in poorer countries.

2. You say that you cant force a person to not have sex with someone they want to have sex with. Same sex sex is wrong Look at Pedophiles or people who have sex with their pets, that's wrong and also unnatural. These examples are more extreme but look, Incest is also both people wanting to have sex but it is wrong and also unnatural. So that would mean lesbian and gay sex is also wrong.

3. If I were to meet an amazing girl who is so much alike to me and find out she was lesbian It would mess up the world because any boy would be attracted to someone who has same interests and is amazing. Suddenly finding out she is lesbian can hurt them because the natural way is to have male and female together. This means that gay and lesbians are ruining society.
factandevidence1234

Con

LGBT's are not ruining society at all. Have you ever heard about LGBT's on the news? Something about the sudden outbreak of LGBT's in one state? What I'm saying is it doesn't affect society at all. If a person is gay, but they don't tell anyone and no one knows, it doesn't affect anything. That person can live their life happily being gay and no one will know. Another reason LGBT shouldn't be illegal is because it would just make things worse. It's proven, people want what they can't have. Making it illegal would just cause more LGBT's.
Debate_Person123

Pro

LGBT's are running society because of the reasons I mentioned before and this reason.

1. A pedophile could rape children and manage to get away with it and live happily so can the people who have sex with their pets. Incest is also very similar to LGBT. For example a brother and sister that are over 18 and having a relationship. They like it but it is wrong and they can hide it and get away with it at the same time. There are a lot of things that are illegal that a lot of people want legal. Like drugs (illegal type), a lot of people do drugs and want it legal but it is bad for you and just because it is illegal does not mean it will increase the number of its users. So I am going to disagree with your on that point.
I know drugs are proven to be harmful but so is HIV/AIDS, the disease is almost guaranteed with gay and lesbians. There are ways to prevent HIV/AIDS and there are also ways to reduce drug use, like rehab.

These points are still valid:

- The point about them teaching future generations that you can mix and match gender how you like.
- Females and male should be together and attract each other not the same gender (the example of the amazing girl).

Since this is the last round I will say it was an interesting debate and thank you for your time. Hopefully I somehow changed your view on LGBT's.
factandevidence1234

Con

Sorry if I did not address your claims completely, and as such I will do it now.
1. Being an LGBT does not encourage people to follow, as some generations will always call it disgusting or wrong. Its just based on everyone's biased opinion about it.
2. It doesn't matter if its wrong or not, they do it either way. There will always be LGBT's in the world, illegal or not. No matter how disgusting and truly horrible it is to have sex with your pet, if that person really wanted to, they'd do it, even if its illegal.
You can never force someone do stop doing what they want to do, in a less serious matter, its like this: You're at an ice cream stand, and you want to buy a scoop of ice cream. But the person who's next in line wants a different kind. You think that's wrong. But no matter how much you don't want that person to get that scoop of ice cream, its his money, so he's going to buy it.
Posted by lucasdufton 3 years ago
lucasdufton
For your first point you make a large assuming as to what is natural. How can you say what is natural, you aren't a God and you didn't create the Earth therefore you can't define what is natural. In fact being LGBT is seen in nature by geese, lions and other animals, so does fit the criteria for being natural.

On your second point I had a few problems, firstly why is research into to curing HIV/AIDS such a bad thing, yes I know it takes money, but it is curing a disease that could effect anyone, much like cancer it doesn't matter weather you are more or less likely to get it you should still look into curing it. Secondly, just because a group of people is more likely to get a disease does not mean that entire group of people should be illegalised.

Your third point is quite similar to your first, but on transponder people you must understand that gender decipher can not just be created by living in certain society and those people that are transponder very rarely de transition due to the thorough tests they have to go through to transition. I actually think more education on being transponder would prevent the amount of people that regret transitioning because kids would learn what gender and body decipher feels like and that it is not just feeling more "masculine" or "feminine".

Your last point confused me because it wasn't talking about why LGBT should be illegal but rather why some people don't agree with it. If your point is about people getting offended you must look at other aspects similar imagine how awful it would be if every women religious or not was forced to wear a hi jab (Islam) or if no one was allowed to wear clothing with mixed fabrics (Christianity) that would be thought of as insane and irrational and yet it is thought of . as okay when it doesn't effect you.
Posted by factandevidence1234 3 years ago
factandevidence1234
Well said.
Posted by peas_and_carrots 3 years ago
peas_and_carrots
Homophobia isn't a mental illness. However, I would say that it is a prejudice. Similar to racism, it is a hatred of a certain group or community. If you don't like LGBTQ's, you're not (necessarily) mentally ill, but rather just prejudice, which is very immoral and incorrect.
factandevidence1234
Being homophobic isn't a mental illness, but i do beleive it is wrong to have negative feelings towards LGBT's
factandevidence1234
How so?
Posted by missmedic 3 years ago
missmedic
Being homophobic is a mental illness.
https://herek.net...
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Oh that great invalid #4 ah yes and it really only boils down to christianty here in this country... christ never stated one damn word about being gay nor transgender. Yet strangely christians and only christians like packs of wolves and the whooping cough are against being gay/ transgender. And they also have the $$$$$ to back them. Otherwise being gay/ transgender here in this country would fizzle like a used hamburger of pure blackened ash and those who are gay/ transgender would be able to live their lives as they see fit. And the other thing is, is there's no reason "why" christians hate gays/ transgenders in their greasy hate filled bible"s or in person other than it is what it is. Yeah. Talk about being totally 100% immoral and fickle. But then again, that's exactly what christianity and god is as god is based on hate as he hates children. Ah yes, being gay is an outlet for christians to either hate, or learn to hate and they love it in return, just as their god wants.
Posted by WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2 3 years ago
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2
I say being trans or gay means you have a mental illness to a degree.
factandevidence1234
Just because something is a "sin in gods eyes" it doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Answer me this, If your mother was about to fall off a cliff, would you not save her because it's a sin?
factandevidence1234
Im an atheist
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Debate_Person123factandevidence1234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro uses CDC source, so I am obligated to give sources vote as Con gives 0. Pro loses the debate because every single they reason they give either equally applies to non-LGBT people or is insufficiently proven to requisite the outlawing of LGBT people and Con points out BOTH these angles so I am entitled to say them explicitly to highlight where I and Con both would attack Pro.