Andrew-Cheng
TheMarketLibertarian

Legalization Of Marijuana

TheMarketLibertarian has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Andrew-Cheng

Pro

Being a naive person, I heard about the legalization of marijuana and was horrified. It seemed simple at first glance. Why legalize something that does such terrible things to your body? It seemed dangerous, addictive, and can wreck havoc on society.

I laughed at the people who wanted to legalize it, thinking of them as addicts. But I was wrong, and I"m very sorry for having such prejudice.

Then I researched a bit.

Legalizing it was right all along.

Here"s why:

Weed is addictive. No it"s not. It"s less addictive than coffee. And I see you sipping on that mug as you read this answer.
Weed is dangerous. Alcohol is 114 times more dangerous.
Weed causes an increase in crime. In Colorado, crime has fallen by 15%, murder has fallen by 50%.
Weed will cause teenagers to get hooked. Once again, in Colorado, less high-schoolers are taking it up.
Weed will still be sold, whether you legalize it or not. This is the most important point of all. If you don"t legalize it, people are just going to get it from their local drug dealer. It doesn"t change anything. People will find other sources. You might as well boost the economy with the taxes on it and provide people with a safe place to acquire weed.

I hope this changed a couple of your minds, like it did to me. Trust me, do some research into this and you will see my opinion.
Andrew-Cheng

Pro

That is my first argument. Please counter that and post a new argument below.
TheMarketLibertarian

Con

You were supposed to argue against legalizing marijuana.
Andrew-Cheng

Pro

Currently the topic is the Legalization of Marijuana.
Debate.org has me set as Pro (For). This means I am for the legalization of marijuana and you are against the legalization of marijuana.
Posted by David_Debates 1 year ago
David_Debates
Okay, if these are your main arguments, I'd be more than happy to take up the reigns of Con. Would you be alright to have me as your opponent?
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
"[Guns] will still be sold, whether you [ban] [them] or not. This is the most important point of all. If you don"t [ban] it, people are just going to get it from their local [gun] dealer. It doesn"t change anything. People will find other sources."
I'm for the resolution, but your logic in this particular claim seems flawed if you are also for gun control. Also, apostrophes are different from quotation marks.
Posted by Andrew-Cheng 1 year ago
Andrew-Cheng
for gun control
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
What is your stance on gun control?