SuperAwesomeMusician
TheCiderOfIsaiah

Legalization of Marijuana for Recreational Use

TheCiderOfIsaiah has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

SuperAwesomeMusician

Con

I firmly believe that marijuana should not be legalized for recreational use. It is not good for the body or for society. Legalizing it for recreational use would greatly endanger communities, and I feel that the idea of legalizing it is foolish.
TheCiderOfIsaiah

Pro

First of all, let me ask you this. Is smoking good for the body? Is smoking good for society? As far as can tell you, the answer to both of these questions is no. Now, before you say that Marijuana has more damaging effects on the human body, let me tell you this. Did you know, that smoking is the number one leading cause of preventable death in the United States, and many other countries?

And although this doesn't make recreational Marijuana use any better for your body or society, it certainly wouldn't cause that much of a difference to our society, as we already have tobacco smokers.
SuperAwesomeMusician

Con

I would have to disagree with you when you say that it would not cause much of a difference to our society. Yes, we have a lot of tobacco users, but I don't see tobacco causing people to drive under the influence. When marijuana was legalized in Colorado, traffic deaths due to its use increased dramatically. Teens also had an increase in the use of it.

Even if society would not be affected much by it, it certainly would not better it in any way.

I look forward to hearing your responses. Thank you for being mature and respectful to me even though we have disagreements.