JKLA
Nd2400

Lonzo Ball was/is a NBA draft bust.

JKLA has forfeited round #3.
Started: 4/20/2018 Category: Sports
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

JKLA

Pro

Lonzo Ball was/is a draft bust in the NBA his stats are bad, he can't shoot, and he thinks to big of himself. he is averaging 10.2 points, 7 assists, 6.9 rebounds. Any good first overall draft pick has had way better rookie seasons then that.
Nd2400

Con

Thank you for this interesting debate.

So, you calling Lonzo Ball a bust in his first year at age 20. Seem very early to me to called any one a bust at Age 20 in there first year.

Let's compare some stat's. The first person i will bring up is Jason Kidd.( By the way Jason Kidd is a Hall-of-Famer) He didn't have a good shot either when he first came into the league. He shot .38% from the field. Lonzo shot .36% from the field. Kidd also shot at .27% the 3 point line. Lonzo shot .30% from the 3 point line. Let's compare the rest of the stat's.

Jason Kidd.

Rebounds 5.4, Assists 7.7, steals 1.9, blocks 0.3, points per game 11.7 minutes, 33.8 and turnovers per game 3.2.

Lonzo Ball.

Rebounds 6.9, Assists 7.2, steals 1.7, blocks 0.8, points per game 10.2, minutes 34.2 and turnovers per game 2.6.

They seem very comparable don't you think? Oh yeah and jason kidd was one year older than Lonzo. Kidd was 21 and Lonzo is 20 years old in there rookies years.

Lonzo played only 63% of the season in his rookie season. If he would had play mire the points and shooting percentage could had been higher. He was finally starting to shot the ball better during the second half of the season.

"Lonzo Ball becomes youngest ever to get triple-double"(3) he has 2 triple-doubles this year and he has 13 double-doubles.

"Of all of the players who play 25+ mpg, here are the #1 guys at each position, by Defensive RPM:

PG: Lonzo Ball

SG: Andre Roberson

SF: Robert Covington

PF: Anthony Davis

C: Rudy Gobert"(4)

Ball only in his rookie season, shows he has incredible potential. In the years to come. It not just scoring that has an impact on the games it also defense. Defense is a lot harder to learn than shooting the ball for a good percentage.

I'm looking forward to your respond...

JKLA

Pro

LeBron James

20.9 points, 5.5 rebounds, and 5.9 assists per game. He became the first Cavalier to receive the honor and just the third player in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists per game as a rookie.

Their was also a lot of better rookies in the 2018 draft that have a lot of better stats then Lonzo Ball

Donavan Mitchell is averaging 20 points, 3.7 assists 1.5 steals, and 0.3 blocks.

I am not saying he is bad, I am just saying he shouldn't have been picked second overall
Nd2400

Con

Thank you for responding.

Now let's be fair, no one is LeBron James. He will go down as one of the best three players in history of the NBA. LeBron is once in a generation type player. So bring LeBron rookie stat's is irrelevant in this type of debate. Plus you comparing wrong positions. Lonzo play point guard as for LeBron he could play all 5 positions. You stated that Lonzo is a bust. In your title of your debate and your argument. And i say he not by showing you and the reader a comparison to a other Hall-of-Famer, who also play point guard the same as Lonzo. I Will go further in my argument now. On why Lonzo isn't a bust.

You brought up Donovan Mitchell, who having the better year. And yes he is and some other rookies are having a better year than Lonzo too. But in this year rookie class. This could be one of the best classes ever. Comparable to the 1996 class. One other thing, the stat's you mentioned Mitchell was only higher in scoring. The other three stat's line Lonzo has the better stat's.

Plus if you look at the end result Lonzo rank 8th among his rookies class. Ranking 8th out of at least 90. Is that Pretty good? (5) https://m.ranker.com...

Plus look who was pick ahead of Lonzo.
Markelle Fultz at number one. And he didn't even play that much this season because of injury. You could called that a bust.

You then went on, to say you though Lonzo was good. But is that the whole point of this debate is trying to prove Lonzo was a bust. If he good, then he not a bust at all.

I will finish up my argument in my last round.
Posted by WillBCool 1 year ago
WillBCool
It is simply too early to tell if anyone from this draft is a bust. Even Markelle Fultz looked promising when he got to play, I'm currently in a debate over whether he is a bust and the answer is clearly no. The only way you could say that Lonzo is a bust is by pointing out that his team didn't have a winning record and even then his team is young and inexperienced. They also won (checks NBA.com) 9 more games with him than without him. And while you can chalk 70% of that up to Ingram and Randle and Kuzma you have to give the man credit. His father is stupid though.
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
So i guess my argument were just too tough for you. Created a debate but couldn't finish. How disappointing!!!!
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
So you not going to finish this debate? P re tty sad. I was going pretty easy on this.
And yet you created this debate and you won't even finish is disappointing...
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
You created this debate and now you wont finishing it. Just a person with a fake profile. And this is why no one debate anymore. I even went easy in that first round...
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
Okay i couldn't help but to accept right away. You will be hearing my argument later tonight to tomorrow.
Posted by Nd2400 1 year ago
Nd2400
I will accept soon. And i will tell you he isn't a bust.