TrfZach
Areszx

Male privilege is not real

TrfZach has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

TrfZach

Pro

I do not believe malware privilege is real. I do not believe anyone can show me a real example in which this happens in society today. I am open to a civil debate on this for anyone who would like to present an opposite position.
Areszx

Con

Male privilege has been an issue since society's dawn. Humans have a tendency to attach generalized stereotypes to things regardless of accuracy. Male privilege is the belief that males are better or superior to their female counterparts. How did these stereotypes emerge? Our ancestors from the stone age were very tribal. People attained positions, Because of talent. Males were physically superior, Thus they were given the hunter gatherer positions. Women had to bear children, Thus were tasked with raising children. Stereotypes were made. However, Females being tasked with the duty of raising children in no way makes them inferior to males. I am here to prove these stereotypes still exist, And will provide examples.

Here are the accounts of a trans man's experience. His reports prove to be valuable, Because he knows what it is like to be a female, And knows what it is like to be a male.

"Yet I"m Still Taken (More) Seriously
I"m still amazed at the amount of people that now immediately shut their mouths the second I open mine. "
This proves that males are treated with more respect.

" I Rarely Get Interrupted
I used to be interrupted so often while presenting as a woman that I in turn started to talk over people as a form of conversational survival. "
This proves males are taken more seriously.

"I"m Very Likely to Arrive Home Safely After Walking Alone at Night
Assuming nobody is out looking to f-g bash, But that"s a somewhat different matter.
It remains that I walk alone at night far more than I used to purely because I"m a dude. "
This proves that females face many risks when alone due to criminal activity.

I"m Very Likely to Arrive Home Safely After Walking Alone at Night

It remains that I walk alone at night far more than I used to purely because I"m a dude.
This proves that females face many risks due to criminal activity.

"I"m Allowed to Grow Old
And likely will even be considered "handsome" or "sophisticated" because of it. "
The value of a women is reduced with age, Because value of a woman is confused with beauty.

https://thebodyisnotanapology. Com/magazine/these-25-examples-of-male-privilege-from-a-trans-guys-perspective-really-prove-the-point/
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
I think the "better treatment" was an unexpected side-effect of the operation. I doubt that she will base her entire argument around it. I think it was just her opening statement, And it is not a bad one. My guess is she has more concrete evidence in her upcoming arguments, That is if pro ever responds.
Posted by RavenCB 3 years ago
RavenCB
Cons. . . Use a better arguement. Using a transman as a source to when he was a women to how he was treated as a man is truly irrevelant and pointless. You honestly think he changed sex, Because he wanted to be 'treated better'?
Posted by SchlongGoblin 3 years ago
SchlongGoblin
Con. . . Your anecdotal evidence proves literally nothing